Do you take a practice swing with your irons, to see your clubs bottom of arc ?

I take them all the time. I may even do some while waiting for others to hit so long as I am far enough away not to disturb. As for why? its usually a ttempo thing but if there is a specific thing I feel I need to see/fel than I may take it for that intent. If that happens to be for arc bottom purposes than so be it that's why I will do it for that time. But most oftn it is for tempo.

I used to always take them on all shots. Have gotten away from them on full swing shots because it frustrated me that my practice swings were always better than my real swings.

I usually take a slower tempo swing just to get a good feel. At most just a brush on the top of the grass.

Most of the time not unless it's a touch shot then I take one and go for it. I could practice swing all day and still not hit the shot I want, so just work with what I brought that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take a practice swing to release some tension from my swing and to make sure I'm brushing the turf at the bottom. This helps me free up my swing and makes sure I'm as relaxed as I can be over the shot

Always. It seems to sort of dial in the plane and tempo. I've hit too many "cold" and ugly. It helps me a lot.

Never on full iron swings but I do see where I'm bottoming out on chip and pitch shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have found I play better when I skip the practice swings.

Never on full swings. I'm 52 and the ol' bod is wearing out, so the fewer swings I take the less fatigued I am at the end of the round.

Some people take a practice swing for rhythm, etc.

Before a shot, I swing to see if I'm hitting fat, not getting close to ground at all, and to see where my divot starts.

I always take a divot. Somedays my divot position may move, and I will play my ball a little bit back/forward in my stance to compensate.

What's your preshot? Practice swing or not?

My biggest fear since coming back to the game is the "chunk".

Every practice swing is tuned into this.

Back