Whats the best golf stand bag?

Markslo

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi!

I am just about to buy my first golf stand bag. I am looking at different options. My eyes stopped on Callaway 2016 Hyper-Lite 5 Stand Bag. What do you guys think? Any real experience with that?

I wanted to attach a photo as well but for some reason it didn't work. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
"best" is pretty subjective but i have been happy with my current stand bag as well as all of the ping hoofer's i've owned over the years.

like links said, its very subjective, but a lot of people like the Callaway HL5, the ping hoofer and the sun moutain three5/four5.

From a quality standpoint the sun mountain bags, ogio and Ping have been the best in my experience.

I have the Callaway fusion 14 and really like it. Its a hybrid between a stand bag and cart bag. Still get the legs and straps but a little more storage space and a 14 way top.

I've never been unhappy with any Sun Mountain I've ever had. Those are always the first brand I look to when shopping for a new one.

Thanks for the fast responses. Really appreciate it :)

Wilson Staff Nexus.

Best "lightweight" is SunMountain 3.5

I have the Ogio Silencer and I like it... a bit heavier than I prefer.

Previously had the Sun Mountain 3 Five and I miss it like crazy.

The Callaway HL5 is a great bag with plenty of pockets and room to store valuables and other stuff. It will not be the lightest stand bag on the market, so if you are looking for one because you want to walk more that's something to consider. I liked the two I owned and moved on only because I bought a Sun Mountain Three 5 and needed to move the extras.

You've got to head to the store and try them out. I went to my Dicks and tried out the Sun Mountain 3.5 Ping Hoofer Titleist and a few of the other brands like MaxFli and TopFlite. For any bag that made it past the eye test, I put it on. After that, any bags I still liked, I brought over to the rack of clubs and loaded it up. It was that loading that made me go from the Ping Hoofer 14 slot to the Ping Hoofer 5 slot (issues loading and unloading clubs in the 14 slot). In my opinion I think you've gotta try to get out there and load them up and put them on to really see what one you like the best.

I have a Callaway Fusion 14 and the Callaway Hyper Lite 5 which I got at the Grandaddy. The bags are identical in pockets and storage, the dividers are the only difference. Personally. I'm probably going to use the HL5 unless I buy a cart bag. Easy organization and the 14 way dividers of the Fusion don't really prevent any clanging or ease the difficulty of getting clubs in and out comparatively.

The new TaylorMade FlexTech bags are killer

Did you get one? How do you like it

If you look into the Nexus, make sure its a newer model. The first wave of Nexus stand bags didnt fit on the back of most golf carts

Hi!

I am just about to buy my first golf stand bag. I am looking at different options. My eyes stopped on Callaway 2016 Hyper-Lite 5 Stand Bag. What do you guys think? Any real experience with that? I read a lot of reviews online and got my final information here: https://hitgolfing.com/the-best-golf-stand-bag-for-the-money/

I wanted to attach a photo as well but for some reason it didn't work. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

I'm not a Callaway fan, but these Hyper-Lite stand bags have a real neat feature that I haven't seen in other bags: a pouch for alignment sticks (adjacent to the umbrella slot). It's great if you are anal about organizing, especially since it has a lot of pockets as well. That being said, I have a green 2016 HL4 since it is close to my school colors, and also really doesn't stand out with a huge Callaway logo. Lots of great deals on them on eBay.

Here's the one I have:

https://www.callawaygolf.com/accessories/stand-bags/bags-2016-hyper-lite-4-double-stand.html

Overall, a great bag!

I'm not a Callaway fan, but these Hyper-Lite stand bags have a real neat feature that I haven't seen in other bags: a pouch for alignment sticks (adjacent to the umbrella slot). It's great if you are anal about organizing, especially since it has a lot of pockets as well. That being said, I have a green 2016 HL4 since it is close to my school colors, and also really doesn't stand out with a huge Callaway logo. Lots of great deals on them on eBay.

Here's the one I have:

https://www.callawaygolf.com/accessories/stand-bags/bags-2016-hyper-lite-4-double-stand.html

Overall, a great bag!

I have that exact bag as well. Although mine has a pretty badass logo on the side

Hi!

I am just about to buy my first golf stand bag. I am looking at different options. My eyes stopped on Callaway 2016 Hyper-Lite 5 Stand Bag. What do you guys think? Any real experience with that?

Thanks!

I had the HL5 it was a great bag, did everything I needed and wanted lightweight for travel. You can't go wrong with that bag since Callaway CS is top notch and will help you out if anything happens.

Ben Hogan bags may be on clearance soon.

I've got a Nike Performance bag for the last 3 years and love it.

I own a WS neXus, Ping 4series and Cally HL5. They are all really good bags. The Ping has held up very well over the 125+ rounds I have walked, and it is still going strong. WS strap and top are beaten up after 100+ rounds but it has a great stand mechanism. I haven't used the Cally yet but I love the organization of the slots.

I have that exact bag as well. Although mine has a pretty badass logo on the side

I figured the stealth look might not be for everyone!

what are you wanting out of it? the features you want greatly influence the "best for you" bag recommendation.
For me I have not found a good replacement for my TM bag that is 4-5 years old.

Back