Debating a putter switch.

Boom_Boom

Reaction score
Handicap
<18
I use a 40" Counter Balanced Ping Scottsdale TR Senita B. It has helped my putting greatly, but I REALLY like the look of the new Scotty Cameron Futura X5 Dual Balance. Never have had a Cameron putter, because it's hard for me to justify the cost, but I just may treat myself for my birthday on Sunday.

Thoughts?

Totally do it

Try it out first but if you like go for it and do something you have put off.

Can never have too many putters! If you don't like it then you have started a collection. If not into collecting then you could always sell on the site.

Moved to Flatstick section.

If you try it and it works better for you than your current one? Go for it.

I use a 40" Counter Balanced Ping Scottsdale TR Senita B. It has helped my putting greatly, but I REALLY like the look of the new Scotty Cameron Futura X5 Dual Balance. Never have had a Cameron putter, because it's hard for me to justify the cost, but I just may treat myself for my birthday on Sunday.

Thoughts?

Do what is best for you. It is your money, and I'll be the last guy to tell you how to spend it.

For the cost that Scotty's are I'd just recommend trying it first. Pretty much every Golf Galaxy and GolfSmith have them in stock, so I'd call around to see if one near by has one and go check it out.

Try it on several occasions. Just once could be a really good day with the flatstick. I would check the toe hang as well. Matching the current putter may be the right way to go.

Doesn't hurt to give it a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go for it. It's a nice bday present and it make work better than current gamer

I dont think you will be dissapointed....cant ever have to many putters imo

It was those 7 putts wasn't it?

Play what you like. That's half the battle. I had a Scotty once. Putted very well with it to. Have been a devoted Seemore fan for a while now. Looking hard at a Jailbird right now though.

JM

Pull the trigger! Resale value is good is you change your mind as well.

Pull the trigger! Resale value is good is you change your mind as well.

That's a great point, Scottys hold value pretty well unlike most golf clubs.

I never buy a putter without trying unless it's very similar to something I already have or the price is right.
They're so subjective that you might not like it and end up with the hassle of selling it on at a loss.
This has happened to me quite a few times as in England you can only try it on some straight 6 foot putt and hardly get a feel for anything.

Well you were going to have to replace your whole set and ended up getting your clubs back, that's how I would justify it...

Dax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back