Whats the best golf stand bag?

By the way, as evidenced by our Grandaddy HL5, the larger ball pocket panel can easily be removed and monogrammed.

By the way, as evidenced by our Grandaddy HL5, the larger ball pocket panel can easily be removed and monogrammed.
That feature is not exclusive to the HL5. Most bags can be monogrammed on the ball pocket or on the side.

That feature is not exclusive to the HL5. Most bags can be monogrammed on the ball pocket or on the side.

Never meant to imply it was exclusive.

I like the Nexus bag I have. It's rugged and has great pockets. Never had a problem with carting it.

I have a first-generation Nexus stand bag, and as others have said, the stand mechanism is really well made. Since I walk most of the time, I'm not super bothered by the fact that it doesn't really fit in carts, but I'm glad to hear that Wilson apparently fixed that problem in the second-generation model. My only issue: one of lengths of fabric within the bag that divides the club shafts from each other tore free after a couple of months of use, possibly under the influence of my putter's SuperStroke grip. That was pretty annoying but perhaps not the bag's fault.

In any case, since it's rainy season, I now use my waterproof Titleist StaDry 4up (the lightweight model) for most rounds, and I like it a great deal.

Whats the best golf stand bag?

If you look into the Nexus, make sure its a newer model. The first wave of Nexus stand bags didnt fit on the back of most golf carts

By didn't fit....how so? Looking at a few on the bay for the new sticks. Meaning it wouldn't stand up? Was too wide? Etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By didn't fit....how so? Looking at a few on the bay for the new sticks. Meaning it wouldn't stand up? Was too wide? Etc

Based was too wide and deep i think i have one of those at.home too

I've seen the Nexus II and apparently it's phenomenal...

From a pure construction stand point, its this one and its not close.

So based on your opinion this is a fantastic deal then....
7adc1c30682a3bc527e75ab28674fc7e.png

http://www.wilson.com/en-us/golf/bags/carry-bags/wilson-staff-nexus-ii-carry-golf-bag

I have a Callaway Fusion 14 and the Callaway Hyper Lite 5 which I got at the Grandaddy. The bags are identical in pockets and storage, the dividers are the only difference. Personally. I'm probably going to use the HL5 unless I buy a cart bag. Easy organization and the 14 way dividers of the Fusion don't really prevent any clanging or ease the difficulty of getting clubs in and out comparatively.

Still feel like the HL5 is still a better bag that the Fusion 12 months later - I'm looking at both and I can get the HL5 for about $70 less.
I know I just got one but I want a Callaway bag in Red/Black.

I have had a few over the years from Nike, Mizuno, Titleist, PING, Sun Mountain, and Callaway. I'd have to say currently my Titleist Players 4 bag is probably one of the best I have had so far. Very sturdy, plenty of pockets, light enough, and very modern looking. I originally was planning on getting the Players 5 because I wanted the extra dividers, but the 4 way actually works quite well with all 14 of my clubs.

I have had a few over the years from Nike, Mizuno, Titleist, PING, Sun Mountain, and Callaway. I'd have to say currently my Titleist Players 4 bag is probably one of the best I have had so far. Very sturdy, plenty of pockets, light enough, and very modern looking. I originally was planning on getting the Players 5 because I wanted the extra dividers, but the 4 way actually works quite well with all 14 of my clubs.

I am currently looking at the 4 or 5 and will pull the trigger soon if I can find a deal.

If I was going to get a carry bag, it would be the Ogio Cirrus. Super light weight, great pockets for such a light bag, and the top layout is the only one I would consider using without a 14 way top.

I used to love Sun Mountains but the quality has gone downhill IMHO. Otherwise the Nexus II would probably be the only other one I would consider. The Callaway HL5 seems pretty solid but I would recommend looking another direction from the Fusion unless they change the internal layout. only bag I have had multiple of my arccos sensors come off because of tangling in the bag.

I love my titleist stadry bag. Light enough and easy to carry and also fits well on my clicgear cart.

Man I remember way back when In HS golf....it was ping Hoofers....all the freaking way.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Man I remember way back when In HS golf....it was ping Hoofers....all the freaking way.

Yep, same here...same with my brief stint redshirting on the college team, all Ping

I’m buying a Hoofer for my carry bag in 2018 after trying my buddies hoofer that he bought last year. I love the ease of getting into the straps and the way it sits on my shoulders. I’ve been mostly a Sun mountain guy for the last 25 years. My last Ping Hoofer was a college bag.

I def. agree Ping has some of the most comfortable stand bag straps, they also have a neat feature where the extra slack on the straps sort of stretch and contract as needed.

I def. agree Ping has some of the most comfortable stand bag straps, they also have a neat feature where the extra slack on the straps sort of stretch and contract as needed.
I know function first, but I've never been a fan of the looks of the majority of PING bags, kinda blah.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

With all the great things I hear about the Hoofer bags, I’d like to pick one up. Not in the budget right now, but it will most likely be the next bag I get.

Yes, we had less good choices in the 90's. And Ping has changed manufacturers several times - up and down in quality, with more recent cycles trending up.

The Titleist Player's Bags Look Good with that bottom that flexes. It would be easier in a push cart over the SM, although SM gives you sooooo many choices.

I'm kinda torn here - My Bridgestone Staff Stand is the Cat's Meow, it has Storage and Legs - Best of both worlds. - However I like something in Red/Black.

I really like the Titleist Players 5 bag - To me Titleist makes great bags, Like the 5 divider because I use Mid-Size Grips and I like the fact that straps can be converted to a single strap. I really don't carry, I just like the easy of use of the stand legs.
Then I can get a Wilson Nexus III for $160 from Budget Golf, which is a really nice price.

But I should be looking a OGIO or Callaway bag for obvious reasons..... I can pick up a HL5 or Cirrus for under $130, so some really bargains can be had on 2017 inventory.

Callaway make very little Staff Stand Bags.

Oh what it do....

Back