DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries! Was an interesting day, think we had about five shots hit within 20 feet of one of us today. Think I will wear a hardhat next time.

I keep one in the trunk. We could've shared.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the welt on my leg is getting bigger. I'll be in contact...... Ha!

Glad to get out with everyone today. Scrambled to a respectable score but got some work to do before the East Texas Masters in 2 weeks. Pleasure to play with mpete, Matthew and BigTex. Great group of guys....including Matthew.

It's been a long time since I've had that much fun while playing that bad.

Finally played with Big Time, gonna put that on my tombstone.

Good to see you again buddy....while brief you know you always have a weekend get-away down here in Big D!
yes sir! It seems Texas isn't ready to let me go. Flight delayed until 7 for whatever reason. Haha

Back in Minneapolis. I took two steps onto the jetway and wanted to be back in Dallas. Its nowhere near as warm

Back in Houston and enjoying my Alec Bradley cigar that I never got around to this weekend. I had a great time and wanted to say thanks to Cookie and the Dallas guys for putting the Sunday round together! I had fun shooting 104 at Cowboys and 103 at Stevens Park. Afwcardinal and Kapsularian were great guides, and Kapsularian is a beast. He hit my irons a few times and showed me how they were meant to be played! I'll be back in Dallas again when I can.

It's been a long time since I've had that much fun while playing that bad.

Finally played with Big Time, gonna put that on my tombstone.

That's the name of the game....FUN no matter a good round or bad. I still want to know if you found any treasure 12 in that one bunker?? You had to of right?! 50/50 remember!!!!

That's the name of the game....FUN no matter a good round or bad. I still want to know if you found any treasure 12 in that one bunker?? You had to of right?! 50/50 remember!!!!

I gotcha buddy. Just need to run it by the pawn shop tomorrow.

My people will be in touch concerning your portion.

Well I am going to miss you DFW friends. It was a lot of fun today and glad I got to play the course. I know I will have to come back soon!

Thanks for the great time!

You're welcome back anytime brother and you always have a place to stay here at mine.

Back in Houston and enjoying my Alec Bradley cigar that I never got around to this weekend. I had a great time and wanted to say thanks to Cookie and the Dallas guys for putting the Sunday round together! I had fun shooting 104 at Cowboys and 103 at Stevens Park. Afwcardinal and Kapsularian were great guides, and Kapsularian is a beast. He hit my irons a few times and showed me how they were meant to be played! I'll be back in Dallas again when I can.
Great to meet you this weekend. Really enjoyed the round Sunday with you, Kapsularian and Nighthawk117a.
Got to say, those new drivers look fantastic. That driver shaft is pretty sweet.
Hope to see you make the trip up again sometime when we have another get together.

Thought I would start pushing this a little earlier than later this time for The Bridges ideal golfer coupon for those that got it. I believe Jman got this one and was planning on coming down to play. The next 2 weekends are obviously out (Easter, East Texas outing) which leaves 4/18or19, 4/25or26 or 5/2

Since Jman is coming for the East Texas outing the following weekend might be a tough sell having him come down again so soon. So think that puts us with the April 25/26 or May 2nd dates. Not trying to decide anything to get it in stone but call this the first feeler post for The Bridges. Right now for me, the May 2nd (Saturday) in the afternoon around 1PM looks the best. Could do April 25th (Saturday) but would need like a 2PM tee time.

Thought I would start pushing this a little earlier than later this time for The Bridges ideal golfer coupon for those that got it. I believe Jman got this one and was planning on coming down to play. The next 2 weekends are obviously out (Easter, East Texas outing) which leaves 4/18or19, 4/25or26 or 5/2

Since Jman is coming for the East Texas outing the following weekend might be a tough sell having him come down again so soon. So think that puts us with the April 25/26 or May 2nd dates. Not trying to decide anything to get it in stone but call this the first feeler post for The Bridges. Right now for me, the May 2nd (Saturday) in the afternoon around 1PM looks the best. Could do April 25th (Saturday) but would need like a 2PM tee time.
Was thinking about that pass this morning. Anyone else off on this Friday? Would that be another option?

In an ideal world, I'd hope for the May 2 range, I believe Amanda is working weekends from now till then so I can do the east texas outing and I'm not going to push my luck too much too close to that.

Nate: i could do 5/2 I believe. 4/25 is a no go.

Nate: i could do 5/2 I believe. 4/25 is a no go.

I was wrong, I can do 4/25. 5/2 would be more of a challenge based on what the wife is planning.

Last edited:
Sucks and it's true. About 2 miles from my house. Enjoyable and challenging track.

I can do any of those days.

Never played it, as I live in the northern suburbs, but saw this on DMN this morning:

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/...rand-prairies-great-southwest-golf-club.html/

I held a membership there along with a buddy of mine for a short time about 15 years ago. It was a nice course. But during my tenure the greens were ruined by some fungus and they had to redo them all. While that was going on we were allowed to play some of the other courses that were under the same management group. We spent a lot of time out at Thorntree and Buffalo Creek.

Saw these today and wanted to share with my Texas friends:

Texas_White_large.png

http://blackcloverusa.com/products/premium-texas-1

Texas_Grey_large.png

http://blackcloverusa.com/products/premium-texas-2

Thank you sir, I think I just added two more hats

Thank you sir, I think I just added two more hats

If you dont own any Black Clover Hats, they are extremely comfortable and look great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back