• No

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Only if I also got paid to go

Votes: 5 6.3%

• Total voters

Wake

Reaction score
Handicap
I got a facebook message today from an old friend organizing our 10 year high school reunion, and I remarked to my wife how wrong everybody was who said "high school is the best time of your life". My wife disagreed, said she would go back to high school in a heartbeat. No worries, no stress, just go to school and then hang out with friends. I couldn't disagree more, you couldn't pay me to go back.

So What do you guys think would you go back if you could?

I would only if I knew what I knew now!

Hell No! I enjoyed HS but I would never want to go back.

Probably not. It was a fun and mostly stress - free time, but I'm glad to have experienced everything post HS. Now, I will admit, this could be due to me not being as entrenched in high school, as I moved for my junior year.

Nope. I would go back to college tomorrow though

enjoyed my time there but to do it all over again probably not. I would need to be able to take my knowledge i have now with me.

I would go back if I could take the knowledge I have now with me. Otherwise I don't see it changing anything.

Agreed. And I wouldn't stress so much about studying. I miss the days of 18 hours being a rediculously hard schedule.

That is what I said as well, I could be convinced to go back to college, that was a good time.

But back to high school to have to sit in class all day? And live in my parents house? Nah. I didn't hate high school, but life gets better from there.

yea no thanks. Who needs the aggravation of SAT's and college applications again, to say the least. College? Hell yes!

Go back to high school?

College was fun. I wouldn't want to redo high school though. I just remember how bored I was having to sit through all day.

College yes, high school no...

Nope......

And even though I'm back in college now, it's required for further promotion, I wouldn't go back to college days either. I had to work 40 hours and go to class back in 1991 when I started, which was very stressful and I was glad when I was finished. Now that I'm working on my Master's, it's the same thing, except I have 40 hours of work, a wife and 3 kids to deal with. Needless to say, I didn't enjoy it 24 years ago and I'm not enjoying it now. I view it as a necessary evil.

Yes, but only if I knew everything I knew now...........

I got a facebook message today from an old friend organizing our 10 year high school reunion, and I remarked to my wife how wrong everybody was who said "high school is the best time of your life". My wife disagreed, said she would go back to high school in a heartbeat. No worries, no stress, just go to school and then hang out with friends. I couldn't disagree more, you couldn't pay me to go back.

So What do you guys think would you go back if you could?

I don't need to go back, but if I did, I'd change basically my entire approach.

1 - Go to school and actually pay attention 100% of the time.
2 - Ignore pretty much everyone because they are all going to be irrelevant to my life 10 years from that time.
3 - Leave school and head directly to the golf course every day. EVERY day.

Only reason I would go back, would to be to play sports. Loved every second of the sports part. Golf, you got 9 holes everyday after school for free. Basketball, couldn't get enough of blazing 3's in front of your peers. And baseball, starting varsity 4 years at shortstop, brought even my hard nosed, tough lovin dad to tears. Amazing

I would, I loved high school. Especially knowing what I know now.

I voted "no" only because there wasn't a "hell no" button. I moved on long ago.

If you could keep your knowledge I would entertain it but I still would doubt it. I think I only talk to one friend from high school still and I knew him beforehand. I would do college over though.

No way on Earth I would go back to high school, regardless of which one of the four I attended it was. I wouldn't mind making some different educational decisions about college (majors, not schools), but everything has worked out better than I could have asked for.

Probably not. Was pretty boring growing up in a small town.

I think I would go back - I had some good times and met some of the best friends I've had while in high school. There were some serious down times for sure, but on the whole I enjoyed HS for someone who wasn't athletic or popular.

Given the choices, I'd pick HS over college. College for me was a beast. Yes it was nice living on my own and being independent for the first time, but for 3 of the 4 years I worked nearly 40 hours every week in order to put myself through school. I met my wife in college, but if someone asks me which was more fun, I'd answer high school without a second thought.

Last edited:
I think I would do back - I had some good times and met some of the best friends I've had while in high school. There were some serious down times for sure, but on the whole I enjoyed HS for someone who wasn't athletic or popular.

Given the choices, I'd pick HS over college. College for me was a beast. Yes it was nice living on my own and being independent for the first time, but for 3 of the 4 years I worked nearly 40 hours every week in order to put myself through school. I met my wife in college, but if someone asks me which was more fun, I'd answer high school without a second thought.

I have to admit, I had it pretty good in college. I went to school with a full scholarship and my parents picked up my room and board. I worked for spending and beer money.

High school was amAzing.

At least the parts I remember

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to admit, I had it pretty good in college. I went to school with a full scholarship and my parents picked up my room and board. I worked for spending and beer money.

Unfortunately that wasn't the case for me. I was accepted and on my way to UMass Amherst, when my parents dropped the bomb on me that we couldn't afford it so I was off to a state school, oh and by the way, I was going to have to work to help pay off the loans. In hindsight, I don't regret it, I learned a LOT about hard work and being resourceful. I commuted all 4 years and never got the whole dorm experience, and that's something I do regret. I was living in an apartment for a while before I couldn't afford it and had to move back in with my mother. Definitely no fun there.

Back