New Foresight Launch Monitor GCQuad

wubears71

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8.1 GHIN
I am a Foresight GC2 owner and just received an email from Foresight that the a new launch monitor is being released. Here is a screenshot of the email I received:
Screenshot 2017-01-06 08.50.08.png

Unfortunately the web site does not much info on it but it looks like a GC2 with the HMT built into it!

Here is the link --

https://www.foresightsports.com/gcquad

Has anyone seen more info on it?

That's what I like about it too. I never added the HMT due to the setup. I just hope that the cost of the GCQuad comes in cheaper than buying a GC2 and a HMT.

This is pretty interesting. I wonder what goes into the white dots and how many come with the purchase. Seems like any gear head would blow through a small collection.

4df1dd03464947cb20b2e589e2617357.png

The amount of info coming back with the four dot setup is excellent. AoA, face to path, and club path are three things that are highly relevant to my practice.

This is pretty nice offering, if it's cheaper than current gc2+hmm it's really a no brainer for someone not wanting to drop the $$$ for trackman or flightscope and not needing the space in front and behind the ball that those two need for indoor use.

This is pretty nice offering, if it's cheaper than current gc2+hmm it's really a no brainer for someone not wanting to drop the $$$ for trackman or flightscope and not needing the space in front and behind the ball that those two need for indoor use.

There are many that consider the camera system that Foresight offers more advanced and accurate than either of those doppler systems. While Trackman and FlightScope have a name associated with them, some prefer the accuracy associated with the camera systems.

There are many that consider the camera system that Foresight offers more advanced and accurate than either of those doppler systems. While Trackman and FlightScope have a name associated with them, some prefer the accuracy associated with the camera systems.

Has there been anything to really validate one over the other? I think Trackman gets a bit of a nod for having so much data spitting back out, but this one seems to nearly match it with the built in HMT.

Aside from a name, what data is there from an impartial source suggesting one is better than the other?

This looks pretty brilliant. Curious to also see if the fitting app gets a tune up or simply stays the same and works seamlessly with this new unit.

Color me well beyond intrigued.

Has there been anything to really validate one over the other? I think Trackman gets a bit of a nod for having so much data spitting back out, but this one seems to nearly match it with the built in HMT.

Aside from a name, what data is there from an impartial source suggesting one is better than the other?

I dont know a single company that does not have both and use both. Prior to HMT, most companies and testing preferred the doppler because it offered more information. The misnomer being that it was tracking the ball from beginning to end (the info is based on early ball flight). When HMT came about, there are many that believe the camera system is and will be preferred in the future because of the accuracy it affords.

Great, thank WUB something else to add to my list of future wants.

Has me intreaged, too.

This is pretty interesting. I wonder what goes into the white dots and how many come with the purchase. Seems like any gear head would blow through a small collection.

The amount of info coming back with the four dot setup is excellent. AoA, face to path, and club path are three things that are highly relevant to my practice.

I didn't realise you could use it with only a single dot as well - my teaching pro always uses the 4 whenever I have lessons

Next time I see him I will ask if he is thinking of changing or sticking with the current GC2 + HMT setup

Great, thank WUB something else to add to my list of future wants.

Has me intreaged, too.

Sorry. I love my GC2 but always wanted the HMT data but just could not justify the cost considering that it wasn't very well integrated IMHO. I'm hoping Foresight gives a good trade-in value for my GC2 and the new unit isn't in the $15k to $20k price.

I agree the two Doppler systems have the name and reputation and the provide a lot of useful info and from some people I've talked to they wished the gc2 provided that capability without needing the hmt and some of the reps that used gc2 have had customers doubt some numbers because it wasn't trackman.

I think they all do a great job.

I don't think so. I know some guys that preferred gc2 over the others, others had only used trackman and its a selling point many instructors use in marketing their lessons and what they offer and because of names I don't think potential customers would bite on a gc2 instructor over one with a trackman...just opinion

Here ya go.

This looks pretty cool. Wonder how much they're going to charge for it. Anyone have any guess? I would guess around 15k. Purely a guess. If only they could find a way to not have to use the dots, that would be gravy.

Very interesting to see them incorporate HMT into this new version. Looks like they are giving you all the data you need to work on your swing.

While there is some data the Doppler systems give that this isn't showing for most that data is hard to understand with out a pro.

Be interested in what price point this comes in at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This unit plus the app, oh man, the possibilities are limitless.

This unit plus the app, oh man, the possibilities are limitless.

I have heard of multiple OEM and shaft companies already placing orders and the demand is crazy high.

I have heard of multiple OEM and shaft companies already placing orders and the demand is crazy high.
It makes sense to me, the ease of use with foresight is second to none, and with no clunkiness now thanks to the hmt basically being built in, it's a really intriguing unit.

Any idea on what the cost of these baby might be?

New Foresight Launch Monitor GCQuad

Any idea on what the cost of these baby might be?

My foresight sales rep just got back to me - $14K. Ouch.

That does however include a full license of the FSX software which is a few grand.

Looks like I will be keeping my GC2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a bit steep for me but it sure looks nice.

Oh man. This is awesome. I'm gonna start saving my pennies and one of these might be mine in the future.

Love the compact size and what looks to be the HMT built in. Can't wait to see the coverage at the PGA show.

Here are the features from the email I received this morning.

GCQuad features and capabilities

Quadrascopic camera system – (4) camera capture capability that measures both ball and club together real-time
Sleek technological design – cool and sexy
Increased accuracy – the tolerances have been cut in half (example +/-50rpm is cut to +/-25rpm)
Expanded hitting zone - for ball lock and capture 18”x14”
Auto altitude adjustment – Built-in barometer that measures real-time barometric pressure, then adjusts the data output to correct distance based on altitude
Auto alignment – capable of out aligning to target-line
Auto-leveling – Built-in accelerometer for auto-leveling
Advanced LCD data display screen – capable of data visibility in the brightest and direct sun light
Internal IR light source - No flash unit required
Lithium battery – easy to change out and charge
Expanded connectivity – Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and Ethernet – Data and power can run via the Ethernet cable connection
Protective housing – built-in protective body armor
Beaver-tail base design - Stable base platform for outdoor use
2 year warranty – optimized performance for enhanced functionality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This thing looks awesome

Back