New Foresight Launch Monitor GCQuad

For 15k you could go see some pretty impressive swing coaches.

For sure. I really only use my GC2 at home when I'm hitting into the net. Spending another $11k for the new bells and whistles are overkill until I can build a full simulator with a 4K projector.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My foresight sales rep just got back to me - $14K. Ouch.

That does however include a full license of the FSX software which is a few grand.

Looks like I will be keeping my GC2.

Yikes. That's higher than I expected.

My foresight sales rep just got back to me - $14K. Ouch.

That does however include a full license of the FSX software which is a few grand.

Looks like I will be keeping my GC2.

-----------------

Is the $14k the price with the trade in? If trade in, for just the GC2 or GC2 and HMT? I have a GC2 but not an HMT. For those with an HMT, how cumbersome is it to use the dots? That's what has prevented me from purchasing an HMT to this point. Thanks!

The internal IR meaning no more flash cartridges is a big deal. Also, the armor being built into the design is pretty brilliant as well.

Really eager to see these at the show.

The internal IR meaning no more flash cartridges is a big deal. Also, the armor being built into the design is pretty brilliant as well.

Really eager to see these at the show.

These in person would be pretty cool indeed, and then seeing them in action would be just as fun.

-----------------

Is the $14k the price with the trade in? If trade in, for just the GC2 or GC2 and HMT? I have a GC2 but not an HMT. For those with an HMT, how cumbersome is it to use the dots? That's what has prevented me from purchasing an HMT to this point. Thanks!

No. That's full price. The trade in value depends on your units age. I would get about $3k for mine.

So I found out $14k DOES NOT get you the ball/club data that the HMT unit usually provides. To get that data it's another $4k.

I will definitely not be upgrading!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I found out $14k DOES NOT get you the ball/club data that the HMT unit usually provides. To get that data it's another $4k.

-----------------

Ouch!! You'd think they'd realize that a reasonable price relative to Trackman was a huge selling point...At $18k and you still have to apply the dots, won't most people buy a trackman?

Seems like this device is the full package. Looking forward to the feedback from the PGA Show

That's a real bummer to hear and definitely way out of my price range.

The compactness is nice and that you don't need a 25-30ft room for it is a bonus over trackman.

The upgrades to the system is fantastic but only a two year software deal is a big downer as well.

I love my GC2. What I would wonder is whether this new unit "fixes" unencrpted Bluetooth. That's key for sim golf. They'd be very wise if they left it open....

-----------------

Ouch!! You'd think they'd realize that a reasonable price relative to Trackman was a huge selling point...At $18k and you still have to apply the dots, won't most people buy a trackman?

Need way more space for a Trackman or FlightScope unit and some would argue that this will now be more accurate.

Need way more space for a Trackman or FlightScope unit and some would argue that this will now be more accurate.

how does it compare price wise to track man and flight scope?

how does it compare price wise to track man and flight scope?

Similar to Trackman, although once you start adding items, Trackman gets a bit more. FlightScope (like Foresight) has a bunch of models, and their premium is close. FWIW, we used their top of hte line unit all year last year and their last software update they pushed out, was NOT good for our device. Enough that we sent it back to them.

I love my GC2. What I would wonder is whether this new unit "fixes" unencrpted Bluetooth. That's key for sim golf. They'd be very wise if they left it open....

Someone supposedly reached out to them and said it will not support 3rd party software. Of course no one knows until they come out.

Someone supposedly reached out to them and said it will not support 3rd party software. Of course no one knows until they come out.

Thanks. Support can be a weird word with them, because they technically don't support 3rd party software now. They just have a little loophole. Hopefully that isn't closed. It will significantly impact them in the sim world if it is.

Wow. That sucks. Usually as technology improves prices decrease to a reasonable point. Not increase. They have already implemented that terrible policy to gouge second hand owners on software and parts to discourage private used sales on GC2. Which I was going to buy a second hand unit but with this new policy I will just stick with Skytrack as Foresight just keeps getting more and more expensive.

I really hope the Skytrack style units which are MUCH lower priced at $1,700 (and are already nearly as accurate) and still very usable continue to improve and add features to force these ridiculous prices and BS licensing fees to unlock features down to consumer levels.

If Skytrack or another newcomer could continue improving accuracy just a slight bit more and integrate club head tracking data into their unit and keep it under $3-4K they would wipe the floor with Foresight and put them out of business.

I have used both now and the accuracy is surprisingly very close. The HMT data on GC2 is certainly nice and I really want it but the price jump for it is INSANE.

Last edited:
Wow. That sucks. Usually as technology improves prices decrease to a reasonable point. Not increase. They have already implemented that terrible policy to gouge second hand owners on software and parts to discourage private used sales on GC2. Which I was going to buy a second hand unit but with this new policy I will just stick with Skytrack as Foresight just keeps getting more and more expensive.

I really hope the Skytrack style units which are MUCH lower priced at $1,700 (and are already nearly as accurate) and still very usable continue to improve and add features to force these ridiculous prices and BS licensing fees to unlock features down to consumer levels.

If Skytrack or another newcomer could continue improving accuracy just a slight bit more and integrate club head tracking data into their unit and keep it under $3-4K they would wipe the floor with Foresight and put them out of business.

I have used both now and the accuracy is surprisingly very close. The HMT data on GC2 is certainly nice and I really want it but the price jump for it is INSANE.

You would be the first I have heard consider the SkyTrack just as accurate as a Foresight. Its a novel idea and pricepoint by them, but those units have issues for sure. I know they keep patching them, but they will always be more limited than what we see with Foresight, Trackman, or Flightscope IMO.

I also think you are VASTLY underestimating the usage that Foresight gets both on Tour and by fitting and teaching professionals.

You would be the first I have heard consider the SkyTrack just as accurate as a Foresight. Its a novel idea and pricepoint by them, but those units have issues for sure. I know they keep patching them, but they will always be more limited than what we see with Foresight, Trackman, or Flightscope IMO.

I also think you are VASTLY underestimating the usage that Foresight gets both on Tour and by fitting and teaching professionals.

Saw a post with on Instagram with Billy Ho using this on the range.

Yes, I know professionals use GC2. My point is I would like to see it come down to more reasonable mainstream prices for what it is OR for Skytrack style camera based units to continue to improve and continue closing the gap and keep these things affordable to consumers.

Just FYI, I did not say Skytrack is "just as accurate", I said "nearly" as accurate. Which it is.. at least for me. Within 2-3 yds carry, backspin nearly identical within a few hundred revs. Launch angle within .5 of a degree. Which is my point, still VERY usable data for anyone from a pro to a hacker for 850% less cost than this new one. The main problem is it has no club head data like HMT. This new Foresight unit, while I'm sure is really nice.. costs 8X more without even club head data apparently. Plus even more for the putting licensing. I am in no way saying it is the same or the software is as good. But for 8x less cost it is pretty dang close. Certainly close enough not to justify the huge 850% cost increase for such small differences in numbers for 99% of us.

Not my test but I had similar results.. GC2 vs Skytrack https://youtu.be/syV98dWjFKw
Lots of online number comparisons out there. A lot of the early release problems have been cleaned up it seems. I am in the market for one and don't want to spend more than about 5K MAX. It is getting harder and harder to justify the Foresight product for me personally. I was looking used but that is now an issue with their new policies. Maybe they will have decent prices on used GC2/HMT soon with he trade-ins. I bet they are still at least 9-10K though used.

Last edited:
Home golf simulators technology is getting so much better and accurate. The SkyTrak is pretty good. The only thing that bugged me about the SkyTrak is the 3-5 second delay when you hit the ball. I'd asked the company I bought mine from, shopindoorgolf.com, if it was an issue with just mine, but I guess that's the way it is.

I had it for three years and just upgraded to the GCQuad and immediately saw huge differences in measurements. I still really like the SkyTrak, especially considering its price point and what it tracks and measures.

I had the same results, usually within 1-3 yards of what I hit out on the range or course. I ended up taking some lessons from a local pro who was using the Quad and what it can do blew me away. The data and accuracy that it gives is pretty amazing.

It’s really looking like camera based launch monitors are the future. The SkyTrak is accurate because of its camera system, same with Foresight Sports systems. The quadrascopic high speed camera system in the Quad captures so much more data at impact.

I’m excited and intrigued by what the future holds for launch monitors.

Back