New putter for Zach Johnson

tequila4kapp

Tom Watson called to say “Hi”
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.5
The announcers said he was using something different for the first time in years. Anyone know what he's gaming? It almost looked like a Futura X5 or Tank #7.

It's a Scotty X5

Dang that is too bad... I feel like him and Seemore go together.

Dollars talk

somewhat surprised. But he did stop working with POB at the end of last year I believe. Be more interested to see what he rolls at Augusta.

Scotty X5. Wonder what brought this on, and wonder if/when he switches back, but I have a feeling this was sponsor fueled. Timing is curious just a couple weeks before the masters.

And he just lipped out HARDDDDD.

It's sad to see him leave Seemore, but I understand the $ side. I wonder what his statistics will be without the seemore/rst?

It's sad to see him leave Seemore, but I understand the $ side. I wonder what his statistics will be without the seemore/rst?

I'm more curious about how his results are going from such a different putter to a mallet. Big change. No longer face balanced at impact.

Hopefully it works well for him, I hate to see him leave his long time gamer but I'd suspect there's something there he likes, he seems like one that would only switch for either curiosity or something better.

Dollars talk, but they better be HUGE dollars if he's playing something that doesn't give him the best chance to win.

Maybe this isn't a longterm switch. Either way, life goes on. I just wish it was to a better putter

I'm more curious about how his results are going from such a different putter to a mallet. Big change. No longer face balanced at impact.

X5 should be face balanced I believe. I think the offset will be the biggest change

X5 should be face balanced I believe. I think the offset will be the biggest change

face balanced and face balanced at impact are different things. How much it means to someone like ZJ, who knows. But they are different things.

Was this a money decision or simply a change of pace? ZJ hasn't exactly had the best year on the greens, although it is early.

face balanced and face balanced at impact are different things. How much it means to someone like ZJ, who knows. But they are different things.

Well thank you for enlightening me. Is it because of the heel shaft so the weight at the toe will naturally move faster? Or something like that?

Well thank you for enlightening me. Is it because of the heel shaft so the weight at the toe will naturally move faster? Or something like that?
Go to the seemore website and they have a good video about face balanced at impact.

I'm on my phone right now. But I'm sure someone can find a link to the see more video describing and demonstration about it.

interesting, he had a pretty good week last week over all, but I didn't pay attention to his putting stats.

As Freddie said this is mostly like sponsor/cash fueled, but will be interesting to see if this is a long term change.

Go to the seemore website and they have a good video about face balanced at impact.

I'm on my phone right now. But I'm sure someone can find a link to the see more video describing and demonstration about it.

Thanks guys! They say ignorance is bliss, but I hate being ignorant about golf stuff haha

For everyone that is saying that this is a $$$ decision that was driven by Titleist, how did Adam Scott bag an Odyssey putter earlier this year? I would think that it would mean more to Titleist to have their highest-profile player always playing a Cameron as compared to ZJ.

Through Bay Hill:

148th in strokes gained putting
T28th in birdie conversion (32.52%)

GIR Putting:
5-10': 178th (43.64%)
15-20': T63rd (21.28%)
>25': 93rd (5.62%)

Back