JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Having a discussion with THPers on Twitter recently @THPGolf and @JB_THPGolf about going to diners and the different options. Thought this would be a good thread for diner talk. What's your favorite thing to get?

Having a discussion with THPers on Twitter recently @THPGolf and @JB_THPGolf about going to diners and the different options. Thought this would be a good thread for diner talk. What's your favorite thing to get?

This is tough. I love a good meatloaf and since my wife doesnt care for it I often order that. Deluxe Burgers/ Patty Melts are also a close second. Changing it up I may go for a Pot Pie or even some sort of omelet/skillet. So many options and really nothing is bad you cant go wrong.

Patty melt and a milkshake are my two favorite diner items

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually wind up with a country fried steak and gravy, pinto beans and mashed taters! Now I'm hungry!

I usually play it safe and go with a bacon double cheeseburger (plain) and fries (no pickle on the plate) and a chocolate milkshake

Quick and fast, but non fast food? General Tso's chicken and noodles. OR BBQ, specifically burnt ends from KC Joes if I have a choice.

Patty melt and fries.

There's just something about diner fries... there was a small diner up the street from where I grew up. I would head up there with a few bucks, play Double Dragon for an hour or two, then eat a plate of fries with a little vinegar. Golden crispy on the outside and plenty of soft potato on the inside. Delicious.

Yes and yes

Cheeseburger and fries

Old fashioned milkshakes and either meatloaf or a good classic burger. Maybe some fish and chips

I think I'm going open faced meatloaf sandwich.

GG went veal parm sandwich. Good menu at this one

Whenever I am in diners, it is usually for breakfast, so I always go with some type of omelet. If they have corned beef hash on the menu, I am requesting it. I like to see whose ends up being looking like it is made in house.

Hey, that sounds familiar! A good patty melt is one of my favorite ever foods. I need to find a good diner in the area - there's one that's supposedly great near me, but I've never tried it.

Hey, that sounds familiar! A good patty melt is one of my favorite ever foods. I need to find a good diner in the area - there's one that's supposedly great near me, but I've never tried it.

Great minds

I haven't been to a diner in awhile. But, I used to really like getting an open faced roast beef sandwich with mashed potatoes, both covered in gravy. Dang. Now I'm hungry.

To me, diner usually means breakfast for supper.

If not breakfast, a nice hand formed burger.

French toast and well done corn beef hash or open faced turkey with gravy and Fries, on a carb day that is.

I think I'm going open faced meatloaf sandwich.

I haven't been to a diner in awhile. But, I used to really like getting an open faced roast beef sandwich with mashed potatoes, both covered in gravy. Dang. Now I'm hungry.

When I heard diner my mind immediately went to patty melt. But thinking about it more, the open faced hot sandwich you usually can't go wrong with. Turkey is another go-to.

Hot roast beef sandwich with fries, gravy over both.

When I heard diner my mind immediately went to patty melt. But thinking about it more, the open faced hot sandwich you usually can't go wrong with. Turkey is another go-to.

It was freaking awesome. I literally demolished my plate.

BREAKFAST - anytime, day or night!!

I'm a little bummed you guys didn't take pics

I know, I was thinking that afterwards, because I always do for the forum. Its my first big meal in a week, so I devoured it.

Sometimes you just have to dive in, no time for pictures.

Back