Under Armour Confirms Spring 2015 Golf Shoe Release

I love UA clothing but my pair of running shoes have something to be desired none the less I want to try them on.

Love the UA Brand for their golf gear.

Hopefully the shoes end up being decent!

Yeah people won't see that coming. Its going to be good too.

Can't wait for the "Click Clack" 2 piece ball and the "Protect This House" urethane ball.

Its not a guessing game on THP's side. NDAs were signed and I dont gamble with that stuff.

My guess would be buying an existing equipment company ala Puma/cobra & TM/Adidas

Then it would need to be a non-publically traded company. If it was a public acquisition no way it is kept quiet.

Can't wait to hear more about this... The Jordan's big win today definitely is HUGE for UA!

Then it would need to be a non-publically traded company. If it was a public acquisition no way it is kept quiet.
Yup. Agreed. Ping and Callaway immediately come to mind.

I don't think a pending purchase of a golf club OEM would be something they tell people and count on NDAs to be honored.

Either of those would be a good boost to the brands.

edit: I could see Titleist being a good partner.
edit2: it wouldn't be much of a stretch seeing as Spieth was rocking that combination (UA/Titleist).

Either of those would be a good boost to the brands.

edit: I could see Titleist being a good partner.
edit2: it wouldn't be much of a stretch seeing as Spieth was rocking that combination (UA/Titleist).

Unless they could sell off the FootJoy portion of Acushnet I am not sure Under Armour is willing to take on a Clothing/Shoe company.

Unless they could sell off the FootJoy portion of Acushnet I am not sure Under Armour is willing to take on a Clothing/Shoe company.

FJ owns 50% of the marketshare, so I think most would take them on. However it would be at a HUGE cost. To give you an example, PUMA has 4% of the marketshare and UA wont sniff 2% in several years.

I say this and say, I dont think that is coming, but just to provide info.

FJ owns 50% of the marketshare, so I think most would take them on. However it would be at a HUGE cost. To give you an example, PUMA has 4% of the marketshare and UA wont sniff 2% in several years.

I say this and say, I dont think that is coming, but just to provide info.

Makes sense. I just figure Under Armour must be flush with cash since they spent $600 Million on MyFitnessPal and Endomodo no too long ago so anything is possible

Would they need to? Maybe just license production or somesuch.

Back