Web.com Sunday start

emart2173

#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap
The web.com tour has it's first two events of the year being played in the Bahamas and will be played from Sunday-Wednesday starting with the first event today and the second in two weeks.

thsi is being done to give the tour more attention as well as providing Golf channel with love golf in the middle of the week.

i kind of like the change from the fan perspective as we get to see future players on the PGA tour and get to,know more about them before they hit the big stage and gives something other than constant replays of the same 3 movies or the replays of Golf Central. I wouldn't mind seeing them do it more often for these reasons. From the negative side for the players they are trying to get to the PGA tour that plays Thursday - Saturday so it has them on a different playing schedule than what they would see week in and week out on the PGA.

what are your thoughts?

I think it is a great idea for early in the season!

Web.com Sunday start

I don't think this will do much other than put live golf on three extra days a week. I'm guessing that the number of people watching web.com tours is only slightly higher than that who watch LPGA events.

Last edited:
I like it. Live golf on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday works for me. Plus I like watching live golf, even if I'm not sure who they are.

I like it. Live Golf on TV everyday of the week is always a good thing.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

I think it is a good move.

Those that like you would you want them to do more of it or just a few times if the year? Maybe during slow times on the PGA tour

I think it is pretty smart. I hope it works out

I love it! After cutting the cable chord I was missing the GC but now that sixcat turned me on to Channel Pear on the Roku I've got the GC again. Golf on TV all week is awesome and you get to know some the guys on the web.com tour too.

I heard about this on the radio. I think it's a great idea to give this tour more exposure and not compete with the PGA Tour.

Love the idea. Don't hardly get to see the Web. Com play, so it's tough getting to see the these guys play. This gives us a chance to see these guys more and learn about there games.

It could be a good move for the early season events. I enjoy watching the web.com so any chance to watch them is a good one. During the heart of the season I am not sure it is sustainable given travel, Monday qualifiers, and sponsor exemptions into PGA events.

I think it is a great idea for early in the season!
I think for them it's worth a shot, especially this early in the season.

Ill be watching for sure. Golf all week is good in my book

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

It could be a good move for the early season events. I enjoy watching the web.com so any chance to watch them is a good one. During the heart of the season I am not sure it is sustainable given travel, Monday qualifiers, and sponsor exemptions into PGA events.

I think it can still be done during the heart of the season. I don't know the number of guys that try to Monday qualify or how many of these guys are getting sponsors exemptions over guys with bigger names. The web.com has a normal,field of 144 golfers. So if we put the Monday qualifiers and exemptions at 20 guys that leaves 124 guys in the field and opens 20 spots to be filled with those trying to get on web.com

I don't think it would be something that works on a weekly basis but I could see it shortly after a major, early in the season, around the fedex playoffs.

I don't think this will do much other than put live golf on three extra days a week. I'm guessing that the number of people watching web.com tours is only slightly higher than that who watch LPGA events.

I'm with you, I don't think it does much. Now if they could co-sanction tour events and web.com
early in the season that might draw some eyes

If there is live golf on, and it's not competing with other live golf, I think there's an audience. Can't speak to the size of it obviously, but I think it makes a lot of sense.

If there is live golf on, and it's not competing with other live golf, I think there's an audience. Can't speak to the size of it obviously, but I think it makes a lot of sense.

I agree. Other than champions tour i will watch web.com and LPGA if it's on. Early on the season it's make sense to get everyone back into golf on tour.

Told my wife when they talked about it yesterday this is going to be great for that tour. Excellent idea

I agree. Other than champions tour i will watch web.com and LPGA if it's on. Early on the season it's make sense to get everyone back into golf on tour.

To me it makes a great deal of sense. They are never going to get watched over the tour, and while I've seen some replays late at night here and there, I don't get all that excited to watch post broadcast. Why not put them in an empty time slot? I'm kind of excited to see what the younger talent is doing.

I think it can still be done during the heart of the season. I don't know the number of guys that try to Monday qualify or how many of these guys are getting sponsors exemptions over guys with bigger names. The web.com has a normal,field of 144 golfers. So if we put the Monday qualifiers and exemptions at 20 guys that leaves 124 guys in the field and opens 20 spots to be filled with those trying to get on web.com

I don't think it would be something that works on a weekly basis but I could see it shortly after a major, early in the season, around the fedex playoffs.

Monday qualifier fields are usually pretty big looking at results on mondayq.com the Monday qualifiers I looked at web.com had 130 or more players usually held at two or more courses - PGA had 80 to 100 guys. There are always several guys that try to Monday qualify and if do not make then play a lesser tour or event that weekend. Sponsor invites do happen so you would have the potential a guy finshes Web.com on Wednesday and has to tee it up Thursday on PGA. Maybe rare but it is a possibility.

Other issue I could see is coverage time on golf channel. If they show it live how many more eyes are they getting at 4pm on a Wednesday. I for one couldn't watch.

Monday qualifier fields are usually pretty big looking at results on mondayq.com the Monday qualifiers I looked at web.com had 130 or more players usually held at two or more courses - PGA had 80 to 100 guys. There are always several guys that try to Monday qualify and if do not make then play a lesser tour or event that weekend. Sponsor invites do happen so you would have the potential a guy finshes Web.com on Wednesday and has to tee it up Thursday on PGA. Maybe rare but it is a possibility.

Other issue I could see is coverage time on golf channel. If they show it live how many more eyes are they getting at 4pm on a Wednesday. I for one couldn't watch.

That's more than I guesses on both. Based on the success if Monday qualifiers if I was a player aspiring to get on the tour and I had to pay my way to an event, pay an entry and if I don't get in pay my travel to the next web.com event I may just pass and take my chances earning money at an event on Sunday-Wednesday and then try Monday qualify on my off weeks.

On the other hand many may not feel that way so from a web.com perspective they could do yo weeks where there is a major or WGC event that week. From a golf channel perspective that could help viewership instead of 4-5 hours of replays of the live from coverage.

Overall will it increase eyes on golf channel it may even if it's on the tv while parents are runnin pg adoring doing after work home activities, etc

If you want to see pros look terrible, then tune in at 3 PM today. Half of the field is already out there and only 2 guys are under par. Apparently the winds are crazy down there right now. Lots of pros will not break 80 today.

Back