The Official Patrick Reed Thread

I didn't see it yet.

He's a tool to me whether proven guilty or innocent doesn't matter to me either way.

I often wonder if he becomes a dominant force, if that opinion changes for some. Because his parallels to another previous dominant force cannot be denied.

I often wonder if he becomes a dominant force, if that opinion changes for some. Because his parallels to another previous dominant force cannot be denied.

I've thought about that a lot recently because I did it with Duval, hated him then absolutely found a true respect for him but this guy is just different, he's just got something about him that screams fake over authentic. I don't think TW tried to fake anything he was just an ass.

I don't think TW tried to fake anything he was just an ass.

Cough cough...family man...cough cough
Did you already forget #UglyHookerGate?
:angel:

I find it interesting he's got coaches on record saying he didn't get kicked out of UGA for stealing or cheating but where's the support from his teammates?

According to Morning Drive this morning, the writer of the book is respected and said he remains 100% behind what he said about Reed. Right or wrong this is going to result in frequent "cheater" taunts on the course. I do not care for Reed, but will not fault him until all the details are known.

I find it interesting he's got coaches on record saying he didn't get kicked out of UGA for stealing or cheating but where's the support from his teammates?

Weren't his teammates the source for the book and article?

I would think the coaches statements have a bit more merit than teammates. Plus they are probably able to make a bit more of an "official" statement.

Good or bad, KIDS make mistakes when they are young. If this is true, I hope he learned his lesson and becomes a better person because of it! Life to too short to condemn people we don't really know!!

If the people I knew in my college days wrote a book about my idiocy ... it'd be pretty long, and a tad bit ugly. Reed is easy to throw stones at because his glass house is obviously much larger than most others ... but don't forget, everyone else lives in a glass house too.

You find it odd that someone took their time to get all their facts in line before going public. In the day and age where people say nothing in hopes in goes away, we have a guy that defended his name. I think the author is in for a rude awakening and some tall legal fees.
So did anyone catch Reed on Morning Drive address the accusations in said book? What is your take on it?

Me personally I find it weird that he waited so long to address it. The author has since tweeted that he standing by his story 100%. Reed also said that all cards are on the table as far as dealing with the author and the publisher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You find it odd that someone took their time to get all their facts in line before going public. In the day and age where people say nothing in hopes in goes away, we have a guy that defended his name. I think the author is in for a rude awakening and some tall legal fees.

If someone wrote something about me that wasn't true like he claims it is. I would have been pleading my innocence the next day, not wait 3 months to do so.

That's you and that doesn't hold true for every person. People move at their own pace with these things. As a public figure if he says they are lying without proof it becomes a he said she said type deal. Getting his fact right then sayings something is better than a knee jerk emotional reaction.
If someone wrote something about me that wasn't true like he claims it is. I would have been pleading my innocence the next day, not wait 3 months to do so.

He was damned if he did, damned if he didn't. If he spoke up right away people would have said he was too quick to profess his innocence, thereby proving he was guilty.

We will have to agree to disagree. Three months to me just seems like a very long time to address something like this, especially when there wasn't anything legal happening during this time.

He did say they would pursue legal action if there wasn't a retraction and thats fine. I hope for his sake they are not true.

If the people I knew in my college days wrote a book about my idiocy ... it'd be pretty long, and a tad bit ugly. Reed is easy to throw stones at because his glass house is obviously much larger than most others ... but don't forget, everyone else lives in a glass house too.

Oh Lord. If folks knew of the misguided ugly past I have they wouldn't be around me now. I don't even think about it other than to ask forgiveness. Which thankfully I have received. And I learned and matured and moved on from those dark days.

Youth stupidity always has to be considered.

I love his attitude. How else could you compete at that level and not have confidence to your own ability? I root for him almost every week!
I agree and don't. His attitude is great, he plays very well and has confidence. All things to admire and still: I don't root for him. Don't know why, don't know how it came to be, but he's someone I see playing in a tournament and think "You can do it, but I'd rather see someone else win".

Reed must be on the edge of greatness if stories like this are coming out now. I am over, trumped up articles to gain viewers. Non issues if you ask me. Let the guy play some golf and do his thing.

I didn't read the stories and am just reading the thread after I've made my initial reaction, sticking to that comment too :)

Last edited:
I happened to be at the same table as Josh Gregory yesterday (former SMU and Augusta State golf coach) and one of my partners asked him to describe Patrick Reed, the quote "How do you describe someone you hate"

I gotta say, I don't really like him personally from everything I've read and seen.

However, I am digging the villain role. The Tour needs it. Needs a guy who is good and a contender that nobody likes.

Bring it on Reed, I'm watching and I'm liking it.

I gotta say, I don't really like him personally from everything I've read and seen.

However, I am digging the villain role. The Tour needs it. Needs a guy who is good and a contender that nobody likes.

I agree with this sentiment. While I haven't exhaustively read the controversy surrounding him, I know he's a polarizing character, and I don't much like him. Not to say I'm rooting against him, but it gives the field some character, makes the Sunday rounds a lot more fun with a narrative.

I agree that sports need protagonists and antagonists, sometimes the athletes can fit both roles depending on how we individually feel about them. In the case of Reed there is no grey area on how he gets tagged.

The race after his ace was some funny stuff.

His post round interview yesterday was pretty good, he's got a good sense of humor and a little personality.

His post round interview yesterday was pretty good, he's got a good sense of humor and a little personality.
I like the guy, he's slow but I like him. Lol

I like the guy, he's slow but I like him. Lol

I'm about 98% sure I'll eat my words on him and I'll become a fan lol, his game is incredibly good and with that high draw he hits on occasion he's a solid pick for the Masters dude. I need to sprinkle a little sugar on the crap that comes out of my mouth, I know well in advance I'll be eating it later lol.

I like Patrick Reed and I think he is one of the great young guys...even though his comments draw some criticism

Back