The 2014-15 College Basketball Season

I don't mind seeing duke win because their coach isn't a total scumbag .

He graduates most of his players (lol Eldon brand) and as far as I know doesn't cheat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have said the same thing about Roy Williams two years ago.

I would have said the same thing about Roy Williams two years ago.

Didn't come as a surprise to me honestly.

I don't think he's a bad person but he doesn't seem like a coach k.

Didn't come as a surprise to me honestly.

I don't think he's a bad person but he doesn't seem like a coach k.

Yeah. I do suppose Coach Ks background does seem to give him mor the benefit of the doubt. I know he gets a lot of grief her in Maryland country. But I've always respected him. This coming from a TarHeel fan.

Yeah. I do suppose Coach Ks background does seem to give him mor the benefit of the doubt. I know he gets a lot of grief her in Maryland country. But I've always respected him. This coming from a TarHeel fan.
I'm surprised Bob Knight doesn't have a bigger coaching tree.

I just try to hold out hope there is one or two decent people in college sports.

Coach K and urban Meyer.

Gonzaga up by 17 on Iowa

2nd half strategy for the Hawkeyes: Have Adam Woodbury poke all the Zags in the eye.

I'm surprised Bob Knight doesn't have a bigger coaching tree.

Funny you mention that. I researched several coaches trees earlier this season for a piece I was going to write, and I was very surprised at how relatively short his was compared to his own protege Krzyewski.

I just try to hold out hope there is one or two decent people in college sports.

Coach K and urban Meyer.

I'm so glad I put my water down before I read that one or I might be buying another new IPad. Ha

I'm a KY fan, but I can't understand the hate for KY or Calipari. Since Calipari came to KY he has recruited good kids that are for the most part are 5 and 4 star hoop stars that want to make a career of professional basketball. None have been arrested. During interviews they seem like fun kids that just want to play basketball. They don't make comments after games like UofV's player saying "we played like a bunch of p*ss** to be honest".

Three of Calipari's players at KY have max deals now in the NBA...John Wall, Demarcus Cousins, and Eric Bledsoe. Anthony Davis will be getting a max contract soon. That's why people to go to college right? To maximize their earnings. According to this article in the Boston Globe 82% of KY players graduate. KY has 3 seniors on this years team.

The basketball players at North Carolina were taking fake classes. When is the NCAA going to do something about that?

I hope Duke and KY play in the final....and may the best team win.

Come on Oklahoma, hit FT's and close this out. Keep my final 4 alive Lon!

I'm a KY fan, but I can't understand the hate for KY or Calipari. Since Calipari came to KY he has recruited good kids that are for the most part are 5 and 4 star hoop stars that want to make a career of professional basketball. None have been arrested. During interviews they seem like fun kids that just want to play basketball. They don't make comments after games like UofV's player saying "we played like a bunch of p*ss** to be honest".

Three of Calipari's players at KY have max deals now in the NBA...John Wall, Demarcus Cousins, and Eric Bledsoe. Anthony Davis will be getting a max contract soon. That's why people to go to college right? To maximize their earnings. According to this article in the Boston Globe 82% of KY players graduate. KY has 3 seniors on this years team.

The basketball players at North Carolina were taking fake classes. When is the NCAA going to do something about that?

I believe the hatred for him goes back to his [questionable] practices at his former jobs at Memphis and UMass. Add the villain aspect to Kentucky and it's more guilt by association than anything. Plus people love to hate the favorite.

How Dayton ended up in the Dayton regional, I'll never understand, however you try to explain it.

But, moving on anyways, and with the upsets in their part of the bracket, there's a chance now for OU, its a slim one, but its a chance.

I believe the hatred for him goes back to his [questionable] practices at his former jobs at Memphis and UMass. Add the villain aspect to Kentucky and it's more guilt by association than anything. Plus people love to hate the favorite.

I think Tyler is spot on here. His actions at both in formed my opinion of him a long time ago.

The players I don't so much have anything against, they are using the system as it's currently designed to their advantage.

And for the record I think UNC should get the book thrown at it, I mean after all it's obviously not being used for anything :)

How Dayton ended up in the Dayton regional, I'll never understand, however you try to explain it.

But, moving on anyways, and with the upsets in their part of the bracket, there's a chance now for OU, its a slim one, but its a chance.
Lon is a good coach. Solid team this year

Gonna be a great game Friday!

I agree with tpluff. It is Calipari's history that people do not like. Games were vacated at UMass because of violations and then there was program violations in Memphis. Right or wrong, Calipari has managed to avoid the finger being pointed at him at both schools and I think people have a problem with that.

The ruling on North Carolina is coming. The NCAA just delivered the penalties on Syracuse and those were pretty harsh. I can't imagine what the penalties will be on Carolina as I think they are going to be harsh.

They shouldn't have been there (play in games) to begin with. But like you said moving on

In all honesty I think OU will have a better chance than Dayton agonist MSU. I haven't seen them at all this year so I don't really know, other then seeing the last 10 minutes of this game.

Hahahahahahaha

Remember Calipari's UMASS team that made the final four? The NCAA doesn't because he used in eligible players then bolted for a better job.

Remember his Memphis team that almost won it all? The NCAA doesn't because he used ineligible players. Then bolted for a better job.

At no point has he entertained the idea of students athletes. Has he coached a senior night, ever.

That's why people dislike Calipari

Calipari is a finalist for the HOF. Why do you think the NCAA would put Calipari in the HOF? You would think the voters would hold his issues at UMASS and Memphis against him.

Calipari is a finalist for the HOF. Why do you think the NCAA would put Calipari in the HOF? You would think the voters would hold his issues at UMASS and Memphis against him.
do you think the voters held Tark's "issues" at unlv against him for all those years? Of course they did. And I don't think the NCAA has anything to do with the hall of fame voting

I have a problem with an active coach being in a finalist or being in the HOF. Case in point Jim Boeheim. But that is a different conversation.

With the violations at UMass and Memphis, none of them could be pointed back to Calipari. So while he is guilty in eyes of the public, he isn't seen in that light by his peers.

Are you honestly looking at the NCAA as a moral compass?

Hahahahahahaha

Remember Calipari's UMASS team that made the final four? The NCAA doesn't because he used in eligible players then bolted for a better job.

Remember his Memphis team that almost won it all? The NCAA doesn't because he used ineligible players. Then bolted for a better job.

At no point has he entertained the idea of students athletes. Has he coached a senior night, ever.

That's why people dislike Calipari
Kentucky under Coach Calipari actually has a 82% graduation rate.

Sure there have been a few that leave early, a few of those get their degrees at a later date through online courses. But his graduation rate is better than you think.

The Naismith College Hall of Fame?

To my knowledge it is a public for profit institution not affiliated with the NCAA in any way, other than some past coaches being on the BOD. So it can have or not have any stipulations it wants for membership.

If the voting was conducted by the USBWA, I think his fate would be a bit different.

Back