Gadgets and Gizmos

gmmerrell

Reaction score
Handicap
What are some gadgets, gizmos, or doodads you have or would like to have to take with you to the course? Obviously, a simulator would be a gadget but I'm thinking more something you actually take with you like a rangefinder, swing analyzer app, etc. What have you used that you love or what is something that didn't really work as you wished?

I love my Bushnell Tour X rangefinder. Tracking systems like Game Golf or Arccos have always intrigued me.

Rangefinder, and I love my bushnell. It makes the game faster because I don't have to think about the yardage, I just shoot it and swing.

This year I have a new apple watch, so I will probably get a GPS golf app for it to use. Looking forward to that. Playing with both rangefinder and watch (as long as there is an app with yardages to things like bunkers and everything) is fun. I've played with people who use GPS watches and it helps out with the bunkers/hazards more than a rangefinder could.

I have two...

Leupold GX-4i2 Rangefinder
GolfBuddy World Platinum GPS

I don't need both, and thought I'd sell the GolfBuddy when I bought the Leupold. But, honestly, I like using the GolfBuddy more so I'll probably sell the Leupold.

I use my Bushnell rangefinder, Arcoss, and the Arcoss Apple Watch app for GPS. I don't use them all the time but together they help out. I usually use the GPS when I'm on par 5's if I'm trying to figure out how far to hit my layup if I don't go for it in 2.

Neo ghost gps. Best money I have spent. Small convenient and does what I need it to with the information I want

Bushnell rangefinder.

But I would LOVE a new GCQuad to take to the course. Or a Trackman, but the Foresight product seems less cumbersome and is cheaper.

Buschnell Tour V3 rangefinder. Could actually easily live without it on my home course but it is certainly valuable when playing other courses.

Apple watch for me

I love my Bushnell Tour X rangefinder. Tracking systems like Game Golf or Arccos have always intrigued me.

But I've always wondered what a system would do for stat tracking/gps combo. Still pondering!

Go, in general, would more of you recommend a rangefinder or a GPS/tracking device if I currently have neither?

Go, in general, would more of you recommend a rangefinder or a GPS/tracking device if I currently have neither?
Clearly there are great arguments for both. Having both, I'll say I use my rangefinder almost exclusively, but only because I never remember to charge my GPS. Personally, I prefer my GPS.

Game golf for me. It's part of my preshot routine now.

i just picked up Game Golf on ebay for 50 bucks. I have a couple of friends that use it and I was intrigued. It will be interesting to see the actual numbers for each club.

Peace

Back