Tour Edge Exotics EX10 Driver Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Tour Edge Golf, Golf’s Most Solid Investment, officially introduces the 2017 Exotics product line; EX10. Commencing the new launch is the EX10 adjustable driver. Advertising a material advantage the EX10 driver features a new lighter-weight 8-1-1 titanium chassis and new Japanese TSP Beta Ti thinner face for unprecedented forgiveness and distance. A 10 and 12 degree head is available with a new hosel system that doubles the adjustability options, allows players to raise or lower the loft +/- two degrees. The EX10 driver technologies unite to maximize confidence off the tee.

The EX10 460cc head features premium Japanese materials; TSP 910 Beta Ti face plate and 8-1-1 Titanium chassis. The TSP 910 Beta Ti is an exceptionally light and strong material that allows engineers to develop a larger face plate. The larger face increases the sweet spot and combined with hexagonal variable face thickness offers more forgiveness from more points on the face, especially in the heel and toe areas.

Tour Edge R&D paired the superior TSP 910 Beta Ti face plate with the high performance 8-1-1 Titanium in the crown. Incredibly strong and light, 8-1-1 allows added weight to be strategically repositioned lower and deeper in the head for optimal launch angle and spin results.

A substantial 19 grams is housed in the sole of the EX10 driver for the most impactful results in deep sole weighting. The 10-gram screw fits into a 9- gram weight pad specifically located for a higher MOI. The interchangeable rear center sole weight helps players optimize the club’s performance based on the individual preferences of each golfer. Additional weights can be purchased as a kit or individually. The kit includes 6-gram, 12-gram and 14-gram weights to increase or decrease the swing weight.

The aerodynamics in the EX10 driver are greatly enhanced by a more sloping crown and four speed channels on the sole. The new, more tapered head profile also reduces aerodynamic drag and saves weight that is redistributed in the sole of the club to achieve optimal ball flight. The speed channels also enhance the aerodynamics of the club head and stabilize off-center hits with higher MOI.

Premium high-performance stock shafts options: Aldila Rogue Max Series, Graphite Design Tour AD50, and Mitsubishi Bassara E-Series. NEW- there is no-charge for custom premium shaft options, including: Project X Hzrdus series, Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei CK Blue series, Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana series, Exotics Fujikura Pro series, Exotics Matrix Tie series, and Aldila Rogue Silver & Black series.

The new Aldila Rogue M-AX (Multi-Axial) employs a new and unique woven graphite material to the outer layer of the shaft. This novel use of full length 90 degree fibers provides significantly improved lateral (cross-sectional) stability to the shaft during shaft loading and release to provide increased energy to the golf ball at impact, and to allow for a more consistent release path swing after swing.

The Tour AD50 utilizes premium, aerospace quality 50t carbon-fiber materials to provide the best performing shaft available. The softer mid-section bend profile of the Tour AD allows the player to load the shaft properly, yet it maintains a firm enough tip section through impact promoting a high launch and low spin ball flight condition.

Mitsubishi Bassara E-Series: E-Series Utilizes the latest premium lightweight materials and is especially designed to perform well with today's larger and lower spinning head designs.

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-09%20at%2011.18.55%20AM-L.png

I think the speed channels are a really cool visual tech.

Weight in the back, talking about a lot of weight down in the head, I'm thinking this will generate some really solid ball flight for a lot of golfers.

I'm wondering what this does for my ball speed

The aerodynamics in the EX10 driver are greatly enhanced by a more sloping crown and four speed channels on the sole. The new, more tapered head profile also reduces aerodynamic drag and saves weight that is redistributed in the sole of the club to achieve optimal ball flight. The speed channels also enhance the aerodynamics of the club head and stabilize off-center hits with higher MOI.

And how much longer I'll be.

I've never hit an Exotics offering. might have to take a few swings with this one if i see it in stores.

Man their stuff always looks too good to me! Obviously they're missing some of the popular technology catch phrases, but I'd still be really interested in hitting it. 19 grams at the bottom/rear seems like a lot to me, that should work well for a lot of folks.

Will there be fairway woods in this line are coming as well? I love me some TEE.

• Admin
Looks like the sole weight is positioned in the rear and center. The ex9 was on the heel side which took some criticism.

Need to find a place that has these to demo. They don't seem to be very common.

I very much want to spend time with one of these eventually. There is a lot going on that intrigues me tech and design wise.

As good as the hybrids and fairways I've hit are, I've never tried a TEE driver. I need to change that with this one.

I'm wondering what this does for my ball speed

And how much longer I'll be.

I'll let you know when I go for my Full Bag Fitting at the EOY :banana:

I've never had the chance to hit an Exotics driver but their fairways were always right up there with the other big name brands in terms of performance. One of these days I'll have to give one a try.

The 8g weight pad (I'm guessing that's the silver cheese grader looking thing on the bottom) is pretty close to the face, so I would think that would make it a lower spinning head.

Lots of tech going on here. It is on my rapidly expanding list of drivers I want to hit in 2017.

As always looking forward to the new Exotics lineup. Now if I could just find an XJ1 to hit. Heck I'd settle for a review at this point...

Need to find a place that has these to demo. They don't seem to be very common.

PGA Superstores generally have a few. It's a crap shoot at mom & pop shops though.

Exotics produce some very nice clubs. I've been quite happy with the couple of FW's I tried as well as my current irons. Adding the EX10 to my must hit list.

I'd like to take the 12* head out for a spin, that's for sure.

I love the Exotics brand. I just wish there was more forum chatter. I would've loved to take a flier on the ex9 or ex9 tour driver but comparisons from actual people who play them are essentially non existent. That or I'm bad at searching.

Will have to locate and give this one a go as well. The FW in my bag is a bomber. I've really only looked at their FW's before but this one looks good.

d3f6d331c1ad72df3f0fb4bd60d11b55.jpg

Will get a new thread up this weekend but thought a bump of this was necessary for now. Full THP Homepage review will be incoming. Received the 10* head paired with the Aldila Rogue MAX 75S!

Last edited:
That thing looks like a bomber. Hearing about the materials and process of building this club I'm anxiously waiting to hear about its performance.

That thing looks like a bomber. Hearing about the materials and process of building this club I'm anxiously waiting to hear about its performance.
I have to say, the crown shape aerodynamics wise is pretty wicked from the side view.

I have to say, the crown shape aerodynamics wise is pretty wicked from the side view.

This post is useless without pics. Lol. :alien:

Have fun with it man

Back