Re-gripping a Putter myself?

Super simple and you will then want to regroup all of your clubs yourself.

honestly I eye ball it and use the lines in between my tile floor to use as a gauge. I'll sole the putter like i would if playing and line it up with the grout. Never had an issue with a crooked putter grip
I do this same thing.

I do all my grips at home without a vice or tools. I just use my legs or a wall to hold the clubs and slide the grips on. You'll be fine but as others said, use a sh!t ton of solvent and go immediately lol. Ive had a few stick because i waited too long and didn't apply enough. Other than that it's really easy.

Once you try this once you will never pay for it again. It really is very easy and as long as you have the space for it you should be good to go. One more piece of advice, I experimented with a old putter to practice before I tried it with my gamer.

Let us know how it works out.

Anyone have a good tip for making sure the grip is on straight? Is it just an eyeball thing? I have put a few on before, but once someone else picked up my putter and told me it was crooked.

I check the face with a short level to make sure it's straight up and down when I out it in the vice then check the grip horizontally when I out it on. A little overkill but I have a shop full of tools and look for excuses to use them.

Lay the putter on the work bench and place the face of the putter on anything flat that is thicker than the offset. I use a book or block of wood. Then take a credit card and adjust the grip. If the putter face is parallel to the table, and the flat portion of the grip is 90 degrees to the table; the grip is square to the face...no matter what it looks like.

Use and air compressor. That way you can remove the grip later and no solvent needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So i've ordered a SuperStroke- John Daly Flatso 1.0 Putter Grip , some brampton solvent and got some double sided tape. Should be doing this in about a week

So i screwed this and now the grip is stuck half way and if i push harder i think i'll snap the whole thing

That sucks. Can you try flooding some solvent inside the grip.

That sucks. Can you try flooding some solvent inside the grip.

I tried it with an irrigation syringe nothing and i think I've pushed and pulled so hard i've now bent the shaft.

YAY DIY TRYING TO SAVE MONEY MEANS A NEW PUTTER

So I think I salvaged it, i got just enough on for me to hold comfortably, cut off the excess and I don't think I bent anything too badly.

Got it looked at, luckily didn't bend anything and my coach gave me a deal on a new superstroke

16128573_10154470138333422_1349863070_n.jpg

Next time you need to replace a grip, use air to remove the grip. Clean the shaft and apply 1 wrap Of 2" blue painters tape and blow on the new grip. Use short bursts of air to adjust the grip of necessary. It is that simple. You tube has a lot of videos on this too. Tim

Back