Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

If anyone says they don't have nerves they are lying. I was standing behind you for your first tee shot at True Blue... :)

I had nothing to lose! Trouter ripped one right down the middle!! lol!! But in all seriousness you're right on the money. Never have my hands felt so heavy. My entire body just about shut down and it got harder to breath. That's no joke and that's something I think everyone in this event should try and prepare for.

Was one of those equipment practice guys in the past. Was fortunate enough to get back what I put in...don't risk it.

Working on consistency of the swing and confidence is given...or should be.

Mental game is huge as I had never been in that type of environment. Being able to olay your game in whatever is thrown your way...players...conditions...humidity change...whatever should be one of the focus points.

Odd...maybe not...but grass tyoe was so different for me. Coming from an area where the ground was right beneath the grass into an area where the grass "floated" was tough. Especially the short game. Get a good feel for that if your not used to it right off the bat.

Was one of those equipment practice guys in the past. Was fortunate enough to get back what I put in...don't risk it.

Working on consistency of the swing and confidence is given...or should be.

Mental game is huge as I had never been in that type of environment. Being able to olay your game in whatever is thrown your way...players...conditions...humidity change...whatever should be one of the focus points.

Odd...maybe not...but grass tyoe was so different for me. Coming from an area where the ground was right beneath the grass into an area where the grass "floated" was tough. Especially the short game. Get a good feel for that if your not used to it right off the bat.
I think grass type is a huge thing that many over look. Not exactly something you can practice but something to be aware of. I know when I moved down here it took me a good three months to get comfortable around the greens because I wasn't expecting it. Now I go back up north and it takes me a while to readjust there as well when I visit

Every time I've ever gotten new clubs, I hit them the best the first few times... I think mentally I haven't figured out reason why they shouldn't work for me and what else I should buy...

So I for one will definitely not be that guy buying my clubs in advance. I'm just going to get the most forgiving options available and take advantage of that newness bonus I usually experience :)

In the meantime, I'm working harder than I ever have to ensure I have no excuses in July. I don't know what I'll shoot, but I can commit to my teammates I won't be unprepared.

#defeatnotanoptioninthisdojo

Every time I've ever gotten new clubs, I hit them the best the first few times... I think mentally I haven't figured out reason why they shouldn't work for me and what else I should buy...

So I for one will definitely not be that guy buying my clubs in advance. I'm just going to get the most forgiving options available and take advantage of that newness bonus I usually experience :)

In the meantime, I'm working harder than I ever have to ensure I have no excuses in July. I don't know what I'll shoot, but I can commit to my teammates I won't be unprepared.

#defeatnotanoptioninthisdojo

I'm completely the same. I'm hoping to enjoy the honeymoon period with my new sticks over the course of the event! My game will be ready, the weapons will be a bonus

Today was putting. I can see improvement already.

Its a good quote.
I still believe there are golfers that are mental and golfers that are not. Its both good and bad on both sides.
Oh to have the perfect blend....hell we see it week in an week out that even at the highest level there a perfect blend is ever illusive.

Gym day for me today. Goal is to increase his rotation and shoulder turn. I'm also looking to drop 10 lbs prior to #THPLegacy. Planning a range session this week prior to teeing it up with THPers at the Live Driving Test.

What I worry about the most is the return of the putter yips I got last spring. To make sure I'm totally past that, I'm trying to put myself into as many pressure situations as I can between now & the event. Tournaments, higher than normal money games, etc...

If anyone says they don't have nerves they are lying. I was standing behind you for your first tee shot at True Blue... :)

I don't know that any amount of mental or physical preparation can truly have you "game-ready" for that first tee shot in front of a large group of THPers. I imagine it get's easier the more you do it, but I doubt it ever gets "easy".

I am doing my best to have consequences for failure in my drills.

Fear has no place in this dojo!

Started looking at the calender this morning...a mere 18 weeks from today until the large majority of the players arrive at TB/Caledonia.

It has been a real pleasure getting to know the guys on my team and follow along daily on their individual journey to achieve their goals in time for this event.

It will be great to see the fruits of their labor in just 4 short months, and have a little fun along the way

Started looking at the calender this morning...a mere 18 weeks from today until the large majority of the players arrive at TB/Caledonia.

It has been a real pleasure getting to know the guys on my team and follow along daily on their individual journey to achieve their goals in time for this event.

It will be great to see the fruits of their labor in just 4 short months, and have a little fun along the way

Ok, when you say '4 months,' I feel like I still have adequate time. When you say '18 weeks,' it makes me feel like I have a whole lot of practicing to get done in a short amount of time. Good thing I'm getting out there today I guess.

~Rock

Ok, when you say '4 months,' I feel like I still have adequate time. When you say '18 weeks,' it makes me feel like I have a whole lot of practicing to get done in a short amount of time. Good thing I'm getting out there today I guess.

~Rock

When you break it down to weeks it doesn't seem very far away. The weather is a little cool up this way to be out but it doesn't stop my preparation.

Me and Shakey are playing Saturday morning. Time for a little #Team441 vs #TeamDev grudge match!!
Show him what #TeamDev is made of!

You Legacy guys keep up the hard work. Looking forward to following along and seeing the progress

Me and Shakey are playing Saturday morning. Time for a little #Team441 vs #TeamDev grudge match!!
The 1st of many. Looking forward to it. Hope the course isn't one big soggy mess.

15rz1hw.jpg

Frienemies until July, then besties after.

I'm working to beat the pants off #Team441, but I have a hard time disliking anybody. :D

Frienemies until July, then besties after.

I'm working to beat the pants off #Team441, but I have a hard time disliking anybody. :D
All friends here . I hope every person on both teams meet their personal goals. Not only will that be great to see and make for a great event it will make it that much better when #team441 walks away with the win .

All friends here . I hope every person on both teams meet their personal goals. Not only will that be great to see and make for a great event it will make it that much better when #team441 walks away with the win .

Drinking this early in the morning is usually frowned upon.

Some of my teammates already know this, but I have hit more balls this week than I normally hit in a year. I feel like some parts of my game are going to have to get worse before they get better, and perhaps I am in that phase right now. About 80% of the stuff I have done is inside of 75 yards. My full swing may suffer for a while, but I am not worrying about it until I build up more short game confidence.

I'm not sure about that 441 win part, but I'm really looking forward to the competition. It's looking like everybody is serious about bringing their A game and becoming better golfers in the process. In the long run, that's a win for all 16 of us.

Back