The 2014-15 College Basketball Season

Oh and does anyone in college shoot free throws semi decently as a team. It's been putrid in the tourney

Pretty much no. What kills me is when you see a player with a better 3-point shooting percentage than FT's. Makes you think they should shoot jumpers at the FT line.

So sad. Virginia has been so weak in basketball for so long. I was there during the Jeff Lamp and then Ralph Sampson days (the early 1980's), which is the last time they were really good (until last year and this year). This year, it really looked like it was our turn to enjoy some success and at least get to the final four again. And Tony Bennett is such a decent guy.

So this year, they go 3/4 of the season undefeated (with the only other undefeated team at that point being Kentucky), and then they lose a couple (after J. Anderson breaks a finger then gets appendicitis!), then they get put as a # 2 seed (Duke gets put ahead of the regular season ACC champ) and they have to face in the second round the team they lost to in the tournament last year (and I agree that MSU and Izzo are always tough in the tourney).

Hey, they didn't play good, but the end of this season was very sad, and it just would be nice to see Virginia do well in something besides lacrosse (and maybe soccer). Sometimes it seems like you can't catch a break. I don't think I'll even watch the rest of the tournament. :sad:

So sad. Virginia has been so weak in basketball for so long. I was there during the Jeff Lamp and then Ralph Sampson days (the early 1980's), which is the last time they were really good (until last year and this year). This year, it really looked like it was our turn to enjoy some success and at least get to the final four again. And Tony Bennett is such a decent guy.

So this year, they go 3/4 of the season undefeated (with the only other undefeated team at that point being Kentucky), and then they lose a couple (after J. Anderson breaks a finger then gets appendicitis!), then they get put as a # 2 seed (Duke gets put ahead of the regular season ACC champ) and they have to face in the second round the team they lost to in the tournament last year (and I agree that MSU and Izzo are always tough in the tourney).

Hey, they didn't play good, but the end of this season was very sad, and it just would be nice to see Virginia do well in something besides lacrosse (and maybe soccer). Sometimes it seems like you can't catch a break. I don't think I'll even watch the rest of the tournament. :sad:

I can really feel your pain, and feel bad for you as a fan.

That said, UVA was done in by a very poor offensive effort on its end. It went what over 14 minutes in the second half without a FG.

I haven't seen them play a lot this year, but it just seems like they didn't have anyone that wanted to put them on his shoulders and say, give it to me damn it, I'll get us a basket.

You can't pick and choose who you play in the tourney. Complaining about having to face Michigan State really just comes off sounding like excuses.

As for seeding there were a lot of teams that could complain about its seed, but this year there is Kentucky and then everyone else.

I do agree with you about Bennett. He seems like good genuine guy. But I think he's going to have to find some offense to get to the next level.

Last edited:
Duke looked good today but San Diego State was brutal on the offensive end.

Fouls getting lil lopsided

I've never wanted an upset more than this Wichita St/Kansas game. Cmon shockers

I've never wanted an upset more than this Wichita St/Kansas game. Cmon shockers

Let me go check my bracket(s) then I'll get back to you on this :)

You can't pick and choose who you play in the tourney. Complaining about having to face Michigan State really just comes off sounding like excuses.

Not really complaining. Just sayin' that they had a really good season, and a strong team, and at the end they had several unfortunate injuries, a couple of poor shooting performances, and a draw that all combined in a relatively short time period to their detriment.

I don't know. Sometimes it nice when the Marlins or the Saints or those types win a championship, instead of the New York Yankees and New England Patriot types (i.e., Kentucky) again. Call me sentimental and a fan of the underdog, I guess.

"literally resting on my laurels " is my favorite commercial

Ahh No

Dayton is so tough on defense and they are hanging with Oklahoma. I am interested to see how they hold up in the second half with their 3rd game in 5 days.

This is why Kansas is scared to play Wichita...
Truth.
One of these days kansas is going to put it together. They are the opposite of sparty in the tourney

Oklahome needs to get out and guard Darrell Davis!

"literally resting on my laurels " is my favorite commercial

Love that one, once I figured out that was Laettner it made a lot more sense.

Not really complaining. Just sayin' that they had a really good season, and a strong team, and at the end they had several unfortunate injuries, a couple of poor shooting performances, and a draw that all combined in a relatively short time period to their detriment.

I don't know. Sometimes it nice when the Marlins or the Saints or those types win a championship, instead of the New York Yankees and New England Patriot types (i.e., Kentucky) again. Call me sentimental and a fan of the underdog, I guess.

I totally get it.

And good thing for college basketball fans this year, there are plenty of 'Marlins' mad 'Saint' types left in the tourney. I won't be heart broken if Kentucky or Duke don't win it.

Great to see Dayton hanging around. Not a big school at all, it's nice to see them have success.

When I picked them to get to the sweet sixteen, the ESPN bracket analyzer pretty much said I was crazy. Ha

On Wisconsin.

I don't mind seeing duke win because their coach isn't a total scumbag .

He graduates most of his players (lol Eldon brand) and as far as I know doesn't cheat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't mind seeing duke win because their coach isn't a total scumbag .

He graduates most of his players (lol Eldon brand) and as far as I know doesn't cheat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#armyman

Back