JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting move by Callaway

better bags?

Wow! Do you have any other details JB?

Ogio just moved their HQ not too long ago so I wonder what affect this has on them staying here locally...

Wow, very interesting to say the least. What do you think the main reason for the acquisition would be? When I think Ogio I think their golf bags and some travel bags even though one of my favorite golf shirts is a Polo.

Callaway is really broadening their portfolio quite a bit aren't they?

Bags, apparel, accessories. The makes perfect sense to me. Lots of cash in soft goods.

I find this EXTREMELY interesting.

This is interesting. I have enjoyed the Ogio I have been using the past couple of years.

Not sure how I feel about this. I really like Ogio bags. i am just hoping the quality, style, colors, options, and well the company stays the same. I have two Ogio golf bags a few back packs and a few other Ogio bags along with a fair amount of clothes. Really love them, the quality, the style and all of it. Hoping we don't see a drastic change.

Love my Ogio silencer bag

Interesting. Didn't see this coming.

I'm horrible at pricing in the industry, but looks like a fairly sizable investment.
Callaway Golf Company Acquires OGIO International, Inc., A Leading Lifestyle Brand, For $75.5 Million

Bags, apparel, accessories. The makes perfect sense to me. Lots of cash in soft goods.

Apparel... Hmm.. I am wearing the only piece of Ogio apparel I own today, the green THP Staff 1/4 zip.

And I love it.

Apparel... Hmm.. I am wearing the only piece of Ogio apparel I own today, the green THP Staff 1/4 zip.

And I love it.

Ogio seems to hit a lot of areas that aren't up to par so to speak with the rest of the Callaway brand. Having the apparel in house seems to be a logical step.

I think this is a great move for Callaway for getting a bigger share of soft goods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm horrible at pricing in the industry, but looks like a fairly sizable investment.

That is a good chunk of money. Especially when Ogio was in serious monetary issues not too long ago

Wow wow wow wow. This could be something!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whoa. woode divider on callaway bags? I can dig that. I really like ogio's products.

Interesting move. I don't really see any negatives with it tho

Wow! Do you have any other details JB?

Ogio just moved their HQ not too long ago so I wonder what affect this has on them staying here locally...

Publicly traded company so it's out there. Buying price was 75.5 million which I believe is about 7x. Looks like thy will bring about 45 million in annual revenue.

Looks like a great move to me!! Expanding products lines of this quality should strengthen the brand!

And I love it.

Fun fact, that is a branded piece and not made directly by Ogio...but it is an amazing piece of apparel IMO. I have like 5 of them now

Wowza, hopefully this improves the quality of their bags.

Good move by Callaway, hopefully this will improve their bags. Durability in both that I've used has been sub standard imo.

Back