2017 Callaway Footwear Collection

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Some great looking shoes coming out by Callaway this year with very fair pricing structure. Here's the information available to us;

CORONADO

The Coronado is a lightweight waterproof Opti-repel™ microfiber leather upper that features a Opti-soft EVA midsole for natural ground feel and comfort. The 8mm PU sockliner with Opti-vent™ is designed for breathability and heat management. The TPU Fusion-Lite™ outsole uses the low-profile Champ Slim-Lok® system with nine PiviX cleats for better contact with the ground and the ability to harness more power with the swing. The Coronado will available in sizes 8-12, 13, 14 in Medium and Wide widths for a suggested retail of $129.95. It is backed by a two-year waterproof warranty.
• Weight: 11.6 oz.
• Color: White/Black, Black/Silver
• Sizes: 8 -12, 13, 14 Widths Med. and Wide
• MAP Pricing: $129.95
• Warranty: Two-year waterproof
• Available: March 15, 2017

9eaf5bd73c209b99fbc1c2e0e3441cd4.png

LA JOLLA

The La Jolla has a waterproof Opti-repel™ microfiber leather upper with an Opti-soft™ EVA midsole and an 8MM molded EVA sockliner. The La Jolla utilizes a Opti-vent™ mesh liner for breathability and heat management. The Dura-rubber outsole features a low-profile Champ Slim-Lok® system with seven PiviX cleats for maximum stability and control.
• Weight: 12.4oz.
• Color: White, Black, White/Brown
• Sizes: 8 -12, 13, 14 Widths Med and Wide
• MAP Pricing: $99.95
• Warranty: Two-year waterproof
• Availability: March 15, 2017

f5249e8b7822e9ff9977d082c1d2435b.png

I'll admit I was not overly excited about the offerings available last year, but these look a lot more up my alley.

The La Jolla have a look that says comfortable to me.

Price point is not bad. Styling has improved slightly but still leaving something to be desired in the looks department for me. Definitely prefer the Coronado.

Paladin's description of their shoe designs in the Ogio thread still applies.

I'm digging those Coronados...a lot.

Just has never moved the needle for me regarding Callaway shoes.

they look better than last years's, price point is ok, I might try them

not bad. I have an older pair of callaways that didn't have the best durability, but they were decent. these look ok

Coronado looks pretty good. Guess it would depend on how well it fits and feels.

~Rock

Price point is not bad. Styling has improved slightly but still leaving something to be desired in the looks department for me. Definitely prefer the Coronado.

Paladin's description of their shoe designs in the Ogio thread still applies.

Think so? I thought the look was a big upgrade from last year, personally.

Just has never moved the needle for me regarding Callaway shoes.

FWIW, they are going to be very different this year. That may or may not mean someone will like them more or less, but they will be different.

I li9ke the Coronado best but could get used to the La Jolla. No new spikeless shoes for Callaway this year?

Good price point. Nice styling... very new balance sort of look to them.

I will definitely keep an eye open for them!

Love Coronado island!
Love La Jolla....

Cool that these are named after places in so cal.

That being said, I like the pricing and will more than likely be picking up a pair of Coronados

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think so? I thought the look was a big upgrade from last year, personally.

The Coronado is an improvement but the La Jolla shoe misses the mark for me. Their shoes have always been a mystery to me since they do so many things well.

I like the Coronado offering

The Coronado has a nice look, the La Jolla aren't just ok

Interesting, I didn't even know they made shoes. I'll have to find some and try them on to see if they are comfortable.

the la jolla have a bit of a biodrive feel for me, which isn't a bad thing. i think callaway does a lot of things right, but for whatever reason their footwear aesthetics always fall flat for me.

Wish the LaJolla was spikeless

Its an improvement, but thats a whole lot of white

Looks are improved, but I have enough shoes already

An improvement over previous offerings for sure. I prefer the looks of the Coronado more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They both look pretty sharp but I think I like the La Jolla style a little more.

Headed on the right direction I think. Still not there for me but I kinda like the Coronado.

Back