East Tennessee THPers (Crossville, Chattanooga, Knoxville, Bristol, etc.)

matt_thatsme

Reaction score
Handicap
10.7 GHIN
I didn't see a thread specific to the East Tennessee region. If you are in Crossville, Chattanooga, Knoxville, Bristol or anywhere between, then drop a line and say hello. I'm hoping this thread will be a catalyst for some local outings and/or casual rounds amongst THP members. Also, hopefully THPers from outside the area who are visiting can use this thread to link up with local THPers for a round or get info about the local golf scene.

Anyone in the Knoxville area going to get out for a round tomorrow?

There are a few of us around. Bobby and I play almost every Saturday when it gets warmer but I shut it down during the winter. He might play if it's dry and somewhat warm.

Bobby is Intimadator2007, we almost always need a fourth so keep us in mind this spring/summer
He isn't on much anymore but dwmccrosky is from Knoxville and tees it up with us sometimes
Also been talking to rjwiggall a few times this year, haven't been able to tee it up with him yet but he and his dad play a lot
adwillingham is from Cleveland and we have been able to meet up with him once...tried to get on the same page a few times

I know there are more but these are the guys I have been able to tee it up with or talk to on a regular basis.

Anyone in the Knoxville area going to get out for a round tomorrow?

I can't get out much during the week,I've been working in Gatlinburg for the last few days and have about a week left ,after that any weekend is fine with me .

Rancey, we need a range day soon buddy.

The schedule for the 2017 Knox Am Series is up. Looks to be a great season starting March 6 at Holston Hills. Maybe we can organize a THP group for one of the events this season.

http://www.knoxvillegolf.org/pro-am-series

The cash entry is on top of the green/cart fee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. That covers everything. For example, $50 covers greens fee, cart and the money game at Holston Hills. The next week $40 covers all that at Three Ridges.

You can also pay an additional $5 to get in a skins game. Skins usually range from $50 to $1,000.00.

If you play enough rounds then you get to play in the end of year event. 18 holes, catered lunch and some swag (sleeve of Chrome Soft balls, Adidas polo and nice microfiber golf towel last year). The end of year event is FREE to all who qualify. It was at Fox Den last year and TN National the year before.

It's really a nobrainer if your schedule allows for it.

That is a cool sounding series. Mondays make it tough for me, but at least something to keep in mind.

That is a cool sounding series. Mondays make it tough for me, but at least something to keep in mind.

Samesies

A lot of the public courses offer Sunday rounds too. You just have to call and ask.

I've heard rumblings that River Island may close in the near future. I really hope that this isn't true. Anyone else in the area hear about this?

Knoxville area folks: Willow Creek is selling vouchers on their website today for 18 holes w/ cart for $35. Great deal for later this year when rates are $50-60.

https://www.willowcreekgolf.com

I'm from Crossville! Got some good courses there. Couple have fallen since I've been gone for the Navy, but the Fairfield courses and Jack Nicholas courses are still great! Used to work at Stonehenge. In fact that was my first job

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

adwillingham is from Cleveland and we have been able to meet up with him once...tried to get on the same page a few times

That's cool to hear you're from Cleveland! I went to Lee, graduated in 2010. Worked a brief stint at Cleveland CC my sophomore year too

I graduated from Lee back in 2006. I still get to Cleveland on occasion. The campus just seems to keep growing.

I graduated from Lee back in 2006. I still get to Cleveland on occasion. The campus just seems to keep growing.

So true. Paul Conn throws up buildings there like crazy. I don't know how he fundraises but he does a good job of it!

Posting to subscribe. I'm down this way in the Chattanooga area. Depending on the course, I might be game in playing some this summer, if y'all don't mind about a 100 handicapper tagging along.

I will be at the Jack Nicholas Course tomorrow at 10am in Crossville if anyone is down. I'll be with my gramps and daughter

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tee time at Sweetens Cove in S.Pittsburg for Saturday 4/22 at 9:45 if anyone is interested.

Tee time at Sweetens Cove in S.Pittsburg for Saturday 4/22 at 9:45 if anyone is interested.

Mid week bump.Great place for a Regional Rivalry warm up . Course was just ranked #59 out of 100 top modern golf courses in the country.

One of these days I'm going to finally play there seeing as I grew up like 5 minutes from that area. We played some back in HS on the prior course so would love to try and compare the differences. What's the weekend rate BTW?

How is the job market in the Knoxville area for communications jobs or jobs requiring a top secret clearance?

How is the job market in the Knoxville area for communications jobs or jobs requiring a top secret clearance?

I'm not to sure, I know there is a big nuke facility in Oak Ridge witch is 25 minutes west of Knoxville I hear it's locked down and some tight security clearance is needed there.Other than that a couple military places for supplies I believe and a small base like place at the airport that some sweet military planes fly all the time. I love the area though,Knoxville is a pretty place.

One of these days I'm going to finally play there seeing as I grew up like 5 minutes from that area. We played some back in HS on the prior course so would love to try and compare the differences. What's the weekend rate BTW?

Weekend rates are 9 holes w/ cart $35 18 holes for $50 w/cart.

Walking weekends is 9 holes for $20 and $35 for 18

[FONT=&quot]All Day + cart = $70[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]All Day walking = $45[/FONT]

Should be a great bargain for a top notch golf course.

Odd this thread keeps popping up. I just applied for a job in Georgia that would probably have me end up near Chattanooga.

Back