DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever play Woodhaven if so what's your thoughts I see its on idealgolfer for $25

Anyone ever play Woodhaven if so what's your thoughts I see its on idealgolfer for $25
Never played there. Actually, don't even know where it's located.

I've never heard of it before and actually had to look it up.

It's not in a very good part of town. Play at your own risk

For those that played the PVGA Red Tees event, what did you think about it? Likes? Dislikes? Would you play it again?

For those that played the PVGA Red Tees event, what did you think about it? Likes? Dislikes? Would you play it again?

I liked it. Wouldn't change anything, it was fair, fun, and a nice little change of pace.

On another note: I'm leaning towards doing more events at Meadowbrook rather than PV. Since they have so many more players at MB, they do a great job of having 5-6 flights and I like competing against other folks in the 10-14 range. Having 18 total players is just silly.

I liked it. Wouldn't change anything, it was fair, fun, and a nice little change of pace.

On another note: I'm leaning towards doing more events at Meadowbrook rather than PV. Since they have so many more players at MB, they do a great job of having 5-6 flights and I like competing against other folks in the 10-14 range. Having 18 total players is just silly.

I don't blame you. Especially considering you have to drive past MB to play PV. No one has been able to figure out how MD gets 70 players and PV can't. I hear speculation. But, nothing concrete. I'd be curious to hear your feedback once you've played in a few to see if you can tell what they are doing that PV isn't.

Some people say the MB golfers are "loyal to Gary (head pro)".
I've heard that Gary will add prizes and PV doesn't do that.
Maybe the $5 green fee difference is a factor.
Maybe west FW has too many decent golf options.

Whatever it is, there is definitely an Us vs Them vibe between PV and MB....which is disappointing.

I don't blame you. Especially considering you have to drive past MB to play PV. No one has been able to figure out how MD gets 70 players and PV can't. I hear speculation. But, nothing concrete. I'd be curious to hear your feedback once you've played in a few to see if you can tell what they are doing that PV isn't.

Some people say the MB golfers are "loyal to Gary (head pro)".
I've heard that Gary will add prizes and PV doesn't do that.
Maybe the $5 green fee difference is a factor.
Maybe west FW has too many decent golf options.

Whatever it is, there is definitely an Us vs Them vibe between PV and MB....which is disappointing.

They have been very receptive to me. Gary couldn't be nicer and numerous guys thanked me for coming out, etc.

I think it's location driven to be honest. 6-8 towns within 20 minutes of MB. PV is a ways out there with basically South FW and Benbrook accessible.

Catch 22 with MB is you may find yourself teeing off at 11AM. No range sucks as well.

I'm 99% sure this is Corey Pavin. I'm at DFW Airport on the way to Cedar Rapids.
5fd025679f20600913af6b7b17d97b37.jpg

He lives in Plano so probably a good shot it is. If not, dead ringer.

A flight to AL was at the same gate and the Champions Tour is in AL this weekend... so I'm pretty sure it was him.

Played there many times as its was included with my membership at Diamond Oaks about 4 years ago. Definitely a "bring your own gun" area. The course is fun but I know nothing of conditions anymore.

Really enjoyed it Doug. Different look at the course. Would I do it again, Yes I would. Really didn't change the way I play the course though. Different club off the tee for sure, but played quite similar lines.

Did you guys post better scores from the reds or about the same as normal?

Really enjoyed it Doug. Different look at the course. Would I do it again, Yes I would. Really didn't change the way I play the course though. Different club off the tee for sure, but played quite similar lines.

Drive any par 4's?

So I've got to bump my leave up to 18-19 May. Got some family things to take care of but I'll be in town over the weekend. Going to the PGA store on Sunday to pick up some srixons after making sure that my fitting wasn't a fluke. Anyone interested?

Same pretty much. Still managed to miss fairways and have blowup holes.

It just made the misses off the tee easier to recover from. And it took some trouble out of play from the box.

So I've got to bump my leave up to 18-19 May. Got some family things to take care of but I'll be in town over the weekend. Going to the PGA store on Sunday to pick up some srixons after making sure that my fitting wasn't a fluke. Anyone interested?
Wish I could join you, but I'll be at a birthday party for most of the day. And it's down in downtown Fort Worth, I believe.
I think you are going to really like the Srixons.

Work and end of year school will have me slammed next week esp. since I'm about to head to ATX for golf Wed-Sun this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back