How long do you keep wearing a pair of golf shoes?

choppstixxx

AK Look-a-like
Reaction score
Handicap
Personally I have a few different pairs I rotate and tend to clean them off after each round. Def. extends the life of each pair, but usually tend to bench em if they develop any breaks between the sole/upper. If I really like the pair they might last a season or so.
So on average how long do you keep/wear a pair of golf shoes? Do you have a pair old enough where you would have a chance to change the spikes even?

I wear them until they start leaking water, at least!

a year or so

however for some reason I have a hard time throwing them away so there are a bunch here I need to toss that are never worn

Depends on whether I walk in them or use them only for cart rounds. I usually go through a pair of spikeless shoes that I walk in every 125 or so rounds (about 1.25 years for me) due to the uppers splitting, seperating from the soles or becoming unsightly from all the dirt and such they have taken on. Don't think I have ever had to retire a pair of spikeless shoes due to the soles being worn down. I will keep and use the same spiked shoes I use for riding rounds for numerous year as I only wear them about a dozen times per year.

however for some reason I have a hard time throwing them away so there are a bunch here I need to toss that are never worn
It'd be kinda cool if golf shoe companies would offer a "trade-in" program and give you a credit to turn in an old worn out pair to buy a new pair from them.
Then find a way to recycle the components to make new ones.

I rotate between 3 pairs usually. And usually buy a new pair once a year to replace one in the rotation.

Until they leak or the bottoms fall off. I don't spend too much money on my wardrobe to begin with, so I will wear them until they no longer perform their intended function. Buy mostly black so I don't need to worry about them looking dirty.

I recently counted my golf shoes, seven pair. There's one pair that I probably need to toss, maybe two pair. Four pair are basically brand new but I always seem to reach for my ECCO Biom shoes when I go play; they're just so comfortable!

shoes have been on my mind recently. i've been wanting to make a thread about what people are currently wearing and what they do or don't like.

to your question, i will keep my shoes about a year. i don't wear spikes, so the nubbies begin to wear.

I'm still wearing my Callaway shoes from the 2012 Morgan Cup! I also have a pair of Adidas that I don't wear a whole lot anymore (but used to) from 2009.

I'll go easily 2-3 years on a pair as I rotate them out, clean them after rounds and replace spikes when I have to. Spikeless i'll go through at a faster pace as i wear those off the course a lot so the wear on those is quicker.

I usually wear them until:

- they start to leak
- cushion/support gets broken down too much
- they stank something fierce

I currently have 5 pair, 3 in the regular rotation. I keep the other two pair around just in case.

I wear all my shoes for a couple seasons, typically once a newer/more comfortable pair comes out or I just want a change in color.

I play so little every year so my shoes last forever. I think my current shoes I've been using since 2009/2010.

I currently have 3 pairs and keep them in rotation and will use each until they are worn out and no longer usable.

I had my prior shoes longer than I can remember. I would guess 10 years plus with about 50 rounds a year. Just got new ones because they started leaking.

I rotate 3 between 3 pairs, they usually last a couple of years.

As long as they're comfortable and the seams are connected, I'll keep changing the cleats out every few months and keep on swinging

This seems to be where I'm at... Maybe 4 pairs. I'll throw a pair away every year or so.
Yeah its usually the spikeless that get replaced. The rotation is 2 pair of hybrids and 1 pair of soft spikes. I've had my tour 360's for a few years and they still look brand new... because they hardly ever get used. lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

How long do you keep wearing a pair of golf shoes?

New every season it seems Wear them then throw them or give them away if I get a new pair

I can get a few years out of them because I have a bunch of them. I usually thin the heard before a shoe actually needs replacing

I usually take mine off after I finish a round. :D

I tend to take very good care and rotate more pairs than I would care to count. I have changed spikes on a few multiple times. I only get rid of them when I see that I would never wear them again because I have another pair in the same color that I reach for first. I had a really nice pair of Ecco's that were almost 20 years old that I threw out only because they are really heavy compared to the newer ones.

It depends on the shoe. I tend to toss them, when, the shoes show excessive wear - Truelinks Wear ~ about 3 months. My Nike Air Bandons were replaced last year, when the previous model leaked. My spiked shoes aren't worn to the range, so, they last quite a bit longer. I have pair of the original Nike Lunar Controls, and, another pair of Footjoy Dryjoys, that are over 10 years old.

Back