2015 The King Is Coming - Featuring Callaway XR Drivers

You all are so lucky, think about it, an awesome event AND a sweet new driver. Never forget that! You can't overanalyze awesome!

Mine is due in today so I am getting out tomorrow for 18 to break her in. So excited!
How r u tracking it? I'd like to find mine :) Hoping to get in 18 tomorrow before it snows on Sunday!

Ups my choice alerts you when a package is being delivered to your address.

Glad to hear the drivers are starting to arrive. Hopefully, the weather will allow both teams to start posting in the review thread.

Kinda sad though, with the crown going to Team Chad this is the only shiny thing Team Harry has to look forward to.:act-up:

Thank you sir! Doesn't look like mine has shipped yet. Just a label created. Maybe next week :)

Ups my choice alerts you when a package is being delivered to your address.

Ruh roh!

9098772ab8921b4a542c855f0179a57d.jpg

Go to work Fupaaaaaaaay!

Looks like a good start to the Day, David

My first round with xr and xr pro irons both in the bag was a decent 78 on a course I never played before. I think you will have a good round :)

I really like that headcover. Hit it well.

Shot my lowest round in 6 months. Coincidence?

Since we're now only 39 days away (totally arbitrary time period, but that's how far it is today), I figure it's time for another round of updates on how everyone's prep is coming. Overall, I'd say mine is coming along pretty well. Since the weather has been cooperating, I've played 5-6 times this year already, compared to a grand total of 0 by this time last year. My swing has been pretty decent overall and I've been very happy with my putting. One variable for me is that I've been putting on extremely slow, bumpy, greens that are still coming out of winter conditions. I suspect that the greens we'll be playing are going to be exponentially faster. For that reason, I'm glad I'll be coming in Thurs. night. My current plan is to get some breakfast on Fri. morning and head straight to the practice green so I can spend a good bit of time getting the speed down while I wait for everyone else to get into town.

Over the last month, I have three main goals (in no particular order): (1) keep getting rounds under my belt; (2) work on my wedge game on the practice green/range instead of just on the course; and (3) keep working to get adjusted to the XR driver.

I was able to hit the range this weekend with my little brother
332cddb3f3ba16b51b61bc6b6e533623.jpg
and finally got to hit my irons and new shafts on some grass. Really happy with how things turned out with the changes. Ball flight is solid and distances seemed to have picked up quite a bit. and I've been working on my putting as always. We put in some work on the practice green
89e2c6d23ad1fec9cbf7bb86156c3004.jpg
and while slow.... It seems the work I've put in this winter on my stroke is going to pay off tremendously...fingers crossed!

And then this
5351091a890bdccd9f071308dc0d47f2.jpg
appeared this morning. 5+ inches. So much for the 70 degrees we had last week.

I haven't received my XR yet and it doesn't look like it's shipped yet, so I don't have much to report on that. I didn't hit the demo this weekend because someone else was giving it a few rips.

I'm hoping to hit the golf dome Friday to get some practice in....I have yet to play any holes this year :-(

For me things are finally going to be taking off. I have been working on putting and half swings in my basement, but that can only get you so far. With a trip out east and the weather here getting nicer, I've played 45 holes this year, and had a number of things go right, and a few things still to work on. I'd say the big thing for me is putting. This has always been a weak spot of my game, but through a lot of work it's starting to come around.

One of my biggest hurdles going forward is going to be finding a balance between fitness and golf; I want to work on my game, but I also need my body to show up in good condition. Up to this point it hasn't been as big of an issue, but with the weather getting nicer, I see me being pulled in a few directions.

It's hard to believe this is getting so close.

Definitely feel for you with the snow man. After having more than 100 inches of snow last year, we haven't had much at all this winter (relatively speaking) and even when we've had a cold stretch lately, it hasn't lasted long and has warmed up by the weekend.

I understand the fitness thing... my gym visits become almost non-existent in the summer.... and when they do show up, it's after 9pm!

For me things are finally going to be taking off. I have been working on putting and half swings in my basement, but that can only get you so far. With a trip out east and the weather here getting nicer, I've played 45 holes this year, and had a number of things go right, and a few things still to work on. I'd say the big thing for me is putting. This has always been a weak spot of my game, but through a lot of work it's starting to come around.

One of my biggest hurdles going forward is going to be finding a balance between fitness and golf; I want to work on my game, but I also need my body to show up in good condition. Up to this point it hasn't been as big of an issue, but with the weather getting nicer, I see me being pulled in a few directions.

It's hard to believe this is getting so close.

I understand the fitness thing... my gym visits become almost non-existent in the summer.... and when they do show up, it's after 9pm!

Yeah, that's what happened last year with my Morgan Cup prep, and I'm still paying for it. I'm committed to physical fitness being part of my golf prep, rather than being overshadowed by my golf prep. Besides, I've already got a decent enough swing to keep the ball in play, just need the stamina to do it all weekend.

My prep time will be divided 50% short game and 50% rounds on course. I have full swing lessons every Friday so not including that. Wedge work, putting and course management is key

The course looks great! Stopped by on my way home from Aviara and took a really quick look around. Very excited for everyone involved. The resort is beautiful and will provide a great backdrop for the anointing of a new king or celebration of another year for the reigning king.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just sayin....

4654ac72fe8a304e8a755011e7ee6d61.jpg

I've been out of the loop on this for a while. Been busy with work and stuff and totally missed out on the selection for this event. Congratulations to everyone who's been selected.

Lots of good THPers and GREAT people going to this event!

I think the reality of the tournament is setting in. I got into this high anxiety mode prior to the Morgan Cup and I feel it happening now again. Feel like if everything isnt clicking i get all weird. Time to settle in and get serious.

I think the reality of the tournament is setting in. I got into this high anxiety mode prior to the Morgan Cup and I feel it happening now again. Feel like if everything isnt clicking i get all weird. Time to settle in and get serious.
Yeah it's starting to set in alright. I'm looking at my upcoming calendar for work and things and I keep seeing the dates get closer and closer.

I hope to be able to settle in and get serious after my appointment on Friday. I think the doc will give me the go ahead to start playing golf.....up until now I've only hit a very few shots with wedges and short irons. Did some putting too. Still haven't even swung my XR yet!!!

Back