Calling all Carolinians

I have a Jetspeed 5H in M flex (old Man flex, I think that's what it stands for). Want me to bring that for you?

Oh no...... I already have one Jetspeed that I can't hit...... :banghead:

Looking forward to it! What tees do you all normally play from?
Doesnt matter to me just means i go from a 120 to a 130, and im not really joking. First time I have picked up clubs in 10-12 years. I am still waiting to see if they are making me setup on Sunday for the move. I will know tomorrow by 3:30.

Does anyone have any recommendations on good club fitters around Charleston? After reading the Sea Island experience I want to go get fitted to make sure I am taking full advantage of my equipment. I have looked at the golf digest top fitters but just wanted to see if anyone had any experience anywhere. I would be willing to drive a little if anyone has any place outside of the Charleston area

http://www.dressergolf.com/ is where i went and saw Chris Daily. Absolutely great fitting and it was around $150 for full bag. Outdoor, but they have indoor bays if it rains as well.

They are on the backside of True Blue in Pawleys Island Area.

Tee time for 4 at Rocky River at 3:00 under Madel and it's $45/person.

Ill need to call if we will have less so please let me know if you cant make it.

So far, I think it's:

JohnBoyNC
ir13
pumbaa
H-SC Tiger

Good By Me, cant wait to tee it up.

It looks like I may get a break in the weather early enough today to get some golf in after work.

okay meeting was set for 2:30 to find out if I have to work Sunday. We will see.

It looks like I may get a break in the weather early enough today to get some golf in after work.
I have yet to hit my Cleveland driver, so hoping I can get the family up and out the door by 6am tomorrow morning so I can get enough time at the range with it. Yesterday I was making really good contact with all of my clubs. No topped shots ... just hope that lasts through Saturday. Still a couple of stinkers off the tee, but at least I kept them in front of me (and both times I did that, I managed to make bogey, so could have been much worse).

Excited to take a stab at a sub-100 round at Lonnie Poole. That would definitely help the confidence!

I have yet to hit my Cleveland driver, so hoping I can get the family up and out the door by 6am tomorrow morning so I can get enough time at the range with it. Yesterday I was making really good contact with all of my clubs. No topped shots ... just hope that lasts through Saturday. Still a couple of stinkers off the tee, but at least I kept them in front of me (and both times I did that, I managed to make bogey, so could have been much worse).

Excited to take a stab at a sub-100 round at Lonnie Poole. That would definitely help the confidence!

Good luck sir. I am still trying to get used to the irons, its more my swing and game stinks but they are very different than the clevelands.

Good luck sir. I am still trying to get used to the irons, its more my swing and game stinks but they are very different than the clevelands.
I hope you get it worked out soon! They treated me well, and I hope they do the same for you. We have to tee it up soon!

I hope you get it worked out soon! They treated me well, and I hope they do the same for you. We have to tee it up soon!

I am trying to play with some THP'ers this weekend but work is trying to derail these thoughts. Why does work have to get in the way of golf!

and of course in true corporate fashion I now will not know until 10:30 tomorrow morning because it depends on how well the deployment works tomorrow morning. Deep Breath!

Pulling for you

DEUCE!!! decrease your game, man! I'm no longer #1 in the GameGolf Challenge :act-up:

DEUCE!!! decrease your game, man! I'm no longer #1 in the GameGolf Challenge :act-up:
LOL. Not sure why it wasn't entered into the challenge last night when I first signed the card. Excited to be in the lead though. Sure that will change after this weekend!

Dudes...... first round after my club fitting was fixed.... 91 on a Donald Ross course with tough greens, so I missed a lot of makable par putts.

I hope I can hit the ball like that tomorrow.

Dudes...... first round after my club fitting was fixed.... 91 on a Donald Ross course with tough greens, so I missed a lot of makable par putts.

Luv hearing about your progress. Keep at it!

Luv hearing about your progress. Keep at it!

Thanks man. Going from shooting an average of 118 a month ago, 106 on this same course twice a couple weeks ago and then shooting 96 and 91 with a 48 for 9 holes mixed in there is making me hopeful that I may actually be able to play decent golf again. I'm absolutely crushing my driver, I don't ever remember hitting it this long and straight. My irons are getting better, but I'm still not where I was, especially with my distance. Before I got hurt, I was hitting 8 iron from 150, I'm hitting 6 iron right now. So there's still some work to do, but considering that a couple months ago I didn't know if I'd even be able to play again, I'm pretty happy.

Thanks man. Going from shooting an average of 118 a month ago, 106 on this same course twice a couple weeks ago and then shooting 96 and 91 with a 48 for 9 holes mixed in there is making me hopeful that I may actually be able to play decent golf again. I'm absolutely crushing my driver, I don't ever remember hitting it this long and straight. My irons are getting better, but I'm still not where I was, especially with my distance. Before I got hurt, I was hitting 8 iron from 150, I'm hitting 6 iron right now. So there's still some work to do, but considering that a couple months ago I didn't know if I'd even be able to play again, I'm pretty happy.
Come play with us at Rocky River in Charlotte on Sunday

Come play with us at Rocky River in Charlotte on Sunday

I'd love to, but due to some recent golf related purchases, I have exhausted my golf budget for this 2 weeks.

Rich is giving me plenty of strokes tomorrow.

Me too.....

With your course knowledge and half the handicap, you should be giving me a stroke per hole at least. Deuce, if you could get off the tee box, we'd have a hell of a match.

With your course knowledge and half the handicap, you should be giving me a stroke per hole at least. Deuce, if you could get off the tee box, we'd have a hell of a match.
Not if.......but when!

Not if.......but when!

Thanks. Yeah, it's a high priority for me. Pretty sure I will schedule my first lesson of the year, week after next (when I can slip it into our budget). Hate to be one of those guys who asks to hit driver as his first lesson, but it's where my lessons left off last year. I will let the instructor lead, but I hope he can at least give me a few tips to stay consistent. For all I know, his advice may be "Hit 7i off the tee". If that's what he says, that's what I will do ... though my tee problems seem to plague the entire bag.

Back