A little lunch courtesy of Whole Foods

d1b04f142c946efc95258475f46d89da.jpg

cae61e0fc75a498e2d4e792dc545e556.jpg

JB and GG you guys have some awesome sushi places. And yes in totally envious! Looks fantastic.

Thanks brother. Good stuff tonight. Happy hour too.
$1 Nigiri
$5 Rolls

Thanks brother. Good stuff tonight. Happy hour too.
$1 Nigiri
$5 Rolls

i'm probably the last sushi fan on earth to learn this, but i finally watched a video on how to eat nigiri. i like rolls ok, but i love nigiri, except it always falls apart when i try to eat it. i finally learned that you're supposed to tip the nigiri on its side, then pick it up kinda toward the bottom, dip it in the soy sauce, and eat it. i'm not good enough with the chopsticks so i have to pick up the bowl, but tipping the nigiri on its side make so much sense!

My wife and I are from Phoenix and really miss Sakana's there. Boy was I floored to discover this place only 1/2-mille from me here in Humble, TX! In addition to the unbelievable sushi with awesome presentation, they also have Bolgogi tacos - OMG, they are delicious! And all of it is very inexpensive :)

http://www.wazabisushibar.com

66aac4faa1140790c97352a47dba7fb7.jpg

Has this tonight at a new place near us. We will be going back for a full on sushi experience. It was excellent. Also had a few pieces of big eye to go along with it as an appetizer.

2b746a089ae6203284a458da3ab3adcf.jpg

Looks delicious, but you need more color on that plate. : )

I took my sister to Sushi last week when she was in town. She forgot to inform me that she doesn't eat anything with mayo, nothing fried, nothing with cream cheese and nothing spicy. I told her to order her own rolls haha.

Last edited:
We only have one option locally but it is better than nothing. Trisha and I are going to try and make our own rolls.

We only have one option locally but it is better than nothing. Trisha and I are going to try and make our own rolls.

I asked Amanda to get me a class this year for my bday or Christmas. A couple of the places around here do them, I think it would be fun to learn how to do, could get creative as heck.

I asked Amanda to get me a class this year for my bday or Christmas. A couple of the places around here do them, I think it would be fun to learn how to do, could get creative as heck.
It seems like a great way to eat healthier and mix it up a bit.

The hotel we are at in Hawaii has the best Ahi Poke I've ever had and today will be the 5th day in a row I'm having it for lunch.
It's damn tasty with a beer!
attachment.php

Making it yourself is a lot of fun. I haven't done it in a while, although sometimes I get too impatient and just have a plate of salmon sashimi. :clap:

Went and picked some up for Amanda and I tonight. A bit all over in our selections. All yummy.

de976938a6da2e56f0a36acd40c24dd5.jpg

2c4c9957dbb6d71ac1fc50510e4e7166.jpg

c2606825f4f163da064a58aeecedc36f.jpg

I stopped at Dock's Oyster Bar on 3rd Ave in NYC today for happy hour. Just a normal spicy tuna roll (10 pieces; I was down to three by the time I remembered the sushi thread though :smile:) paired with a Sam Adams Cold Snap (not pictured)

docks%20spicy%20tuna_zpsgupbxnj4.jpg

Looking good.

49321bf6d1bc6af798a78bffa9c65b4a.jpg

Yellowtail, Red Snapper, Spider Roll. Yummy.

Traveling for work, gambled on yelp reviews on a place I've never been. Turned out to be excellent quality. Got seconds. Lol.

Snapper looks excellent.

It was good enough I got more. Presentation got extra points on this one.
dd9b5f6b2983fe44938233950772bb8b.jpg

It was good enough I got more. Presentation got extra points on this one.
dd9b5f6b2983fe44938233950772bb8b.jpg

That dragon is incredible. Such talent. That place looks delicious too!

So what all do I need to make my own. A bamboo rolling mat. Any other tools of the trade?

Back