Odyssey Works Putters Preview

This should be a fun experiment.

71c14dea9e9e128ecf1a39ed6488464f.jpg

d40eacf2b5f1aedb1bff33ca023aa504.jpg

6d49800306440eae2c474c5065b2ea2a.jpg

V line is also on my wish list. Going back to a mallet might improve my putting. And this one has the looks as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First round with the #1W and I really liked how the ball came off the quiet putter face. This is my first time using a Superstroke 3.0 slim grip so I had distance control issues on lag putts. I'll need more practice to get the feel right.

What grip are you used to?

Just saw they have released the NON versa works putters, and WOW I love the looks of them. Just wish they had a #9 NON versa works on the site.

V line is also on my wish list. Going back to a mallet might improve my putting. And this one has the looks as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rolled one on 2 separate days at the local GolfTown. It was the best of all the new Odysseys and, for me, it wasn't close. I really like the feel off the face, it's not too hot (I find all the TM's way too hot, for example), but not as soft as the bare insert alone. I quite liked it, I also rolled all the new Pings, some Bettis, and a few other various, and this particular one (with SS, non-counter balanced) was the the only one I pondered. We'll see how the Ping performs early season, it was very good last year, but if it goes into the penalty box I'll probably pick up this one.

B9FF716D-6421-46F8-AB61-90B53713DE7A_zpsnloshcpp.jpg

What's up with the Jolly Roger? Golf Dot?

Yep.

Does it not bother you that it's not exactly centered? Man that would drive me insane.

LOL it definitely would me too. It actually IS centered, but that picture is taken from a slight angle so it looks askew. Here is a little better angle -

002c2ad2-8194-496e-a4e9-dde7577d4692_zpsiwcsxxzh.jpg

LOL it definitely would me too. It actually IS centered, but that picture is taken from a slight angle so it looks askew.

Oh ok, that's a relief. OCD was kicking in just looking at it haha

Yep.

LOL it definitely would me too. It actually IS centered, but that picture is taken from a slight angle so it looks askew. Here is a little better angle -

002c2ad2-8194-496e-a4e9-dde7577d4692_zpsiwcsxxzh.jpg
Did you add the jolly Roger?

Did you add the jolly Roger?

Yeah, just a Golf Dot. I've been pretty impressed with their durability so far. On clubs (especially like the putter) they hold up really well. If they get scratched or chipped just pop a new one on. Fun to mess around with.

http://www.golfdotz.com/

Yeah, just a Golf Dot. I've been pretty impressed with their durability so far. On clubs (especially like the putter) they hold up really well. If they get scratched or chipped just pop a new one on. Fun to mess around with.
Looks good man. Real good.

I love the non-Versa look of those new four...someday maybe a #2 CS or #6 will join their ranks and I can consider joining the Works revolution. The finish on these looks like the WHP which I adore.

I like the color/finish, but not a fan of the plumbers neck on the #7

As much as I like Odyssey some things they do drive me nuts. Offer this style in one line and not in another. For Christ sakes get you a hand full of head models and offer them in all lines.

As much as I like Odyssey some things they do drive me nuts. Offer this style in one line and not in another. For Christ sakes get you a hand full of head models and offer them in all lines.
You think that's bad, they still don't have a single CS version in this line!

I think they are doing just fine sales wise, so this probably won't change.

You think that's bad, they still don't have a single CS version in this line!
This 100% I feel that so many people want CS and Odyssey just doesnt see it. I would kill for a CS #7

On my last visit to Edwin Watts, I spent some time checking out putters and the #1 was really getting it done for me. I have several putters already, including two that I have yet to take to the course and was seriously pondering the #1. One of those may yet knock my white steel or my metal X out of the bag.

93bdb02c3136144ff5cee4b42534e30d.jpg

2ec5832271591f00876bdb344a74881d.jpg

Went to the golf shop today and saw they got a few Works in. Quickly fell in love with the 1w tank after pondering for a while one swipe of the card and its mine. Can't wait to take it out to the course.

This 100% I feel that so many people want CS and Odyssey just doesnt see it. I would kill for a CS #7

I don't like it either, but you have to figure that Odyssey knows exactly what the market is for CS since they offered the #7 CS and #2 CS in the White Hot Pro models, and it must not be that large. I figure the Odyssey Works line is a lot like that one in that they will keep releasing different shapes over a 18-24 month period.

I think they are doing just fine sales wise, so this probably won't change.
Exactly this. When we asked Koske at the Grandaddy, that's the explanation we were given. The sales numbers drive the head shape/color combos. So you like center shafted non versa? Good luck…

This will be out soon and may be in my bag
1a30a8e77e0ab572b9c82ed4c1ddf699.jpg

Back