Your most iconic hole

Thechosen1

#Thistagwilltravel
Reaction score
Handicap
What's a hole you'll never forget playing. What makes it iconic though? Your score, the view, the people?

Mine would have to be true blue number 18. Simply cause it was the first time playing the course and then it was a THP event. Was in the fairway and then hit it to about 4 feet for birdie with about 12 people looking onwards.

Something I'll never forget.

What's a hole you'll never forget playing. What makes it iconic though? Your score, the view, the people?

Mine would have to be true blue number 18. Simply cause it was the first time playing the course and then it was a THP event. Was in the fairway and then hit it to about 4 feet for birdie with about 12 people looking onwards.

Something I'll never forget.

First thing I thought of was True Blue #18. Played it in round 1 of the MC last year. From about 150 out I stuck it to 3 feet. My partner, War Eagle, from about 140 stuck it to about 2 feet, and our opponent, Wicked Cool Bearded Man, hit one of the coolest shots I have ever seen. About 140 yards away, he hit the ball and immediately started walking toward the hole with a huge grin on his face and said "I love this hole"..and he almost jarred it. Left it about a foot short. Something I will always remember. 3 tap in birdies on such an unreal hole in such an awesome setting.

Every hole at the Hideaway #grandaddy

The most iconic hole I can always remember is #1 and True Blue and teeing off in the 2013 Morgan Cup, still one of the most vivid memories I'll ever have, my teammate Nate at my side, pitted against Erik and Zak, with all the extra people watching and I stripe my drive down the middle, I know you said hole, but that shot is forever iconic in my mind and the rest of the hole to boot!

True Blue #14.

I can bump a thread with a kickass video if you want to see why.

2 stick out in my mind both from the 2013 Morgan Cup.

#15 True Blue: Down 2 holes in the match, hit a poor chip leaving me a good 25 feet for Par and to win the hole. At that point there was a pretty large gathering around the green. Was able to make the putt, gave a pretty good fist pump, and moved on to 16. Iconic for me because of the putt and the scenario. Was really a huge rush of energy.

#18 True Blue: This one is iconic for me and it has absolutely nothing to do with the golf shots that were hit. Being the last match on the course War Eagle and I were playing. I had hit an approach in the water, so I dropped in the same spot and hit another. Told Beags that I would walk up to the green if he would just grab my putter out of the bag for me. While walking to the green the claps and ovation that was given just absolutely floored me with emotion. It was completely unexpected and it is truly a moment on the golf course that will probably never be replicated for me. Just so special.

This and its not even freaking close.
I have been fortunate enough to visit and play at some of the best golf courses in the best events there are.
Nothing comes close to #TheGrandaddy

2 stick out in my mind both from the 2013 Morgan Cup.

#15 True Blue: Down 2 holes in the match, hit a poor chip leaving me a good 25 feet for Par and to win the hole. At that point there was a pretty large gathering around the green. Was able to make the putt, gave a pretty good fist pump, and moved on to 16. Iconic for me because of the putt and the scenario. Was really a huge rush of energy.

#18 True Blue: This one is iconic for me and it has absolutely nothing to do with the golf shots that were hit. Being the last match on the course War Eagle and I were playing. I had hit an approach in the water, so I dropped in the same spot and hit another. Told Beags that I would walk up to the green if he would just grab my putter out of the bag for me. While walking to the green the claps and ovation that was given just absolutely floored me with emotion. It was completely unexpected and it is truly a moment on the golf course that will probably never be replicated for me. Just so special.

Hey DDec, dont forget 18 at PGA National....Kind of important.

Hey DDec, dont forget 18 at PGA National....Kind of important.

that place is just incredibly special for that reason.

Your most iconic hole

#4 at Bandon Dunes.

I had basically been away from the game for a decade. I came to the part of the fairway that doglegs right, turned and saw the most beautiful sight - a green perched atop a cliff backdropped by the Pacific Ocean with the sun in the sky. I stood there for a moment taking it in and involuntarily said "Wow, wow, wow." At that very moment I fell in love with golf again.

My favorite hole I've ever played was #15 at Ledgestone during the Branson outing in 2013... 170 yard par 3 that played about 115-120 due to the teebox being elevated 100 feet above the green... huge rock bluff to the left of the green that could carom your ball 200 feet any direction if you hit it. Biggest fan I have ever seen down by the green to keep the air moving enough to stop fungus from growing on the green.. One of the very few pars I actually made that day as my sawed off 8 iron teeshot landed on the right fringe pin high and a decent bump and run chip left me a 5 foot par putt. Standing on that teebox provided one of the coolest views I have ever seen while holding a golf club.

Not iconic in the sense of layout or difficulty, but iconic in the sense of importance for a weekend for me personally.

The par 3, 2nd hole at the Championsgate International course. I had just shanked my first iron shot on #1 and I was partners with Hashtag in the opening round at #TheKing. We survived after a great 3rd by Chad and my par putt. We go to the par 3 2nd. Playing about 170 yards. I was nervous as hell after my first iron shot and I step up and stick one to about 3 feet with a 7-iron. We make the bird and don't look back. From that point on, I played the best golf of my life that weekend. That one shot gave me confidence and let me know I could compete and I'll never forget that hole.

My favorite hole I've ever played was #15 at Ledgestone during the Branson outing in 2013... 170 yard par 3 that played about 115-120 due to the teebox being elevated 100 feet above the green... huge rock bluff to the left of the green that could carom your ball 200 feet any direction if you hit it. Biggest fan I have ever seen down by the green to keep the air moving enough to stop fungus from growing on the green.. One of the very few pars I actually made that day as my sawed off 8 iron teeshot landed on the right fringe pin high and a decent bump and run chip left me a 5 foot par putt. Standing on that teebox provided one of the coolest views I have ever seen while holding a golf club.

I remember that hole well. Looking forward to seeing it again in a few months!

i have 2 and both are because they are the closest i have come to hole in one.

#14 at Tobacco Rd i hit the back portion of the cup on the fly and it rolled about 10' and i did make birdie.

#11 at Andrews AFB south course. Hit the flag on the fly and rolled back to about 6" and my alt-shot partner missed the putt.

Definitely #17 on the Pete Course at the Hideaway. For one, its the most incredible golf hole I've ever seen, long, dangerous and beautiful. Two, I drilled an awesome shot and closed out my match with Hashtag. In my life its going to be very tough to top that hole, let alone the entire day! #TheGrandaddy brings the goods on a level I never knew existed!

that place is just incredibly special for that reason.
Weird...I think we took double bogey not sure why in stands out ;)

For me.... it has to be #9 and #18 at Erin Hills #9 is a downhill par 3 with a clover shaped green. You get a great view of everything and the bunkers next to the green can be impossible to get out of.

#18 is just a beast in length and you get another amazing view of Holy Hill and the clubhouse in the background as you eventually get to the green.

The 18th hole at the Blue Monster. It was the end ing hole of my lowest round ever.

7 at Pebble or pretty much any hole at Wolf Creek.

This and its not even freaking close.
I have been fortunate enough to visit and play at some of the best golf courses in the best events there are.
Nothing comes close to #TheGrandaddy

Stop it. It's absolutely killing me that I can't relate to this.

Back