Celebration Golf Club - Orlando

B-Mc

Reaction score
Handicap
My department at work is having an offsite and we're talking about staying an extra day to play at Celebration Golf Club in Orlando. We'll be playing on April 24th.

Any thoughts on the course? It appears they really stick it to out-of-staters... got any hookups for better rates?

Its a fun course. Conditions are decent.
Pace of play is not great normally.

Its a fun course. Conditions are decent.
Pace of play is not great normally.
Pretty much this. ^^^^^

Is the pace concern true on weekdays, as well as weekends? We'll tee off early on a Friday.

Is the pace concern true on weekdays, as well as weekends? We'll tee off early on a Friday.

Friday in "Orlando" in a heavily tourist area is pretty much a weekend. It's not always bad, but in my experience at that course, it has been tough. With so many amazing courses with in 10 miles of each other, I usually go elsewhere. But that is just a personal thing.

Played here 2 years ago. I enjoyed it. I think I got an all day rate plus lunch for $80? Maybe golfinFF or Wake remembers.

I didn't have an issue with pace of play and thought the course was in nice shape. I would do it again.

I've played it once, had to be about 7 years ago now. Decent enough course and conditions were fine. Regarding pace I do recall standing around on a fair number of shots.

I really like this golf course, but I haven't played there in about 3 years. I never had huge pace of play issues except for the time I was caddying for the US Senior Open qualifier there.

One thing I will say about Celebration: It is freaking hot there. The course seems like it's hotter and more humid than the area surrounding it at all times, especially when you go across the street for those holes.

I play there several times a year because I just love the course and the community, JB is pretty accurate though the conditions are usually pretty good but the pace can get a little slow sometimes. Tons of awesome courses around the area but this is one of my favorites there. Have fun!

i'm with jb, there are much better options that are close to you. my beef with celebration is that it's target golf, and if you've never played there before you're going to lose a lot of balls because you don't know what the course does around blind corners, forced carries, etc. it's usually in pretty good shape, but it does get a lot of play, and the design lends itself to a lot of ball-looking so it gets backed up.

grand cypress, falcons fire, marriott grande pines, those are all more fun imho.

The course is under new management and it's in the best shape I have ever seen it. Well worth the time and money

This is actually the course that when we were talking in another thread about pace of play, that we had a group in front of us once that was as told to me by the Marshall "there only a little bit behind pace" it took us 2 1/2 hours to get to the 9th tee box and he wouldn't do anything about it even though there was at least 4 holes open between groups. We waited every single shot.

shape wise it's awesome

Back