What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a new personal best! Playing a difficult course that I'd never played before. Shot even par (first ever) 35 on the front with two birdies, two bogeys and +6 on the back with three doubles (yeah six pars). All in all 35/42=77.

Driver was ugly until the back nine but my irons were top notch. Pretty frustrated with the doubles as it would have been very easy to shoot level par across the board. Still can't complain and only the third time I've broken 80!
Congrats on the PB.

40/39=79 (+7)
Played up 2 tees from the last time I played this course due to all of the rain we've gotten. Cart path only and range was closed. Yardage on the card was about 6300.

11/14 FW
9 GIR's
34 putts (1 3jack)
1 birdie
Had 2 birdie putts do a 360 lipout.

Hit the tee balls pretty good today. Irons were okay. Had a tough time reading the greens

Where at Doug?

Nice shooting regardless of course buddy.

Where at Doug?

Nice shooting regardless of course buddy.

Squaw Valley - Apache Links

Couple of good tracks down there. Had an idealgolfer coupon expiring today. The DFW crew should definitely try to get down there next time idealgolfer is running a deal. This one was 30 with golf, cart, hot dog, chips & fountain drink. It'd be a good place to get 36 in.

From what I hear, Glen Rose didn't get the raing, this morning, that FTW got. It did mist a couple of times. They'd recently punched the rough. So, we bumped it a grip through the green.

Played two rounds today.

First round I played with a couple seniors and another guy about my age and shot 47/44-91 from the Golds. I like playing from wherever the rest are playing from and Henry wanted to play the Golds.

The me and the guy my age moved to the whites and I shot 41/42-83. Best round of the year and finally got my first birdie. He left after nine and no one else was at the course, so Jacqui closed up and we played the back nine together. She shot 44.

First round of the year - pretty rotten out with 36° temps and 20mph winds at tee off, but I was itching to play. Played better than expected at times, and as poor as expected at other times.

Played combo tees at around 5800 yards. Tee it Forward is in play until it warms up, and hell maybe when it warms up. I'm trying to have fun this year.

41/43
7 GIR

Started really nicely and gassed by the 11th hole. Had a few really sloppy doubles and two or three 3-putts. Hit driver and irons well, but my 40-70 yard game was pretty bad.

85... 47/38.

Started on the back and could not make anything work! Just was ugly....

Once I got to the front, it was game on.

Recapping my vacation rounds from last week in Charleston:

Charleston National - 87
Links at Stono Ferry - 86
Patriots Point Links - 85
Kiawah Island Ocean Course - 87

Fairly consistent for my first week of golf, on courses I've never played before. The 87 at Kiawah was a waaay better round than the score would indicate. I played it by myself (with a caddy) in 20+mph winds and rain the entire round. I played the Ocean Tees at 6779 yards, way longer than my home track. I drove the ball great, but left my iron game in the car that day. I was able to salvage a decent round thanks to the caddy tips on where to chip it and the lines on the green.

Here's to hoping that CT thaws out soon and I can get back on the range before long.

Played in a 2 Day 2 Man Best Ball Invitational at Cartersville CC in Cartersville, GA on Saturday and Sunday. There were sop many quality players in this field including 4 past GA State AM champs, 3 guys that have played PGA Tour events and a NCAA 2nd Team All American. My Best Friend and I decided to give it a go just to see how things would go. There were 30 teams in our flight

This was the first time in a long time that I played a golf course to this extent. Course was playing at 7,100 yards for the tournament and only had 1 par 4 below 400 yards and 1 par 3 below 200. All Par 5's were over 550 so needless to say my glaring weakness got to come out and play alot (short game)

Day 1: Struck the ball decently 13/18 Greens, 11/14 Fairways... Just couldnt make any putts. Picked up a few once my partner holed out but would have shot around a 76. We only made 1 birdie all day and shot +1. Even with all the caliber of players in the field we were still only 6 back going into day so. The biggest development from day one was I found my Garsen putter grip to be less than desirable when the pressure was on as I pulled alot of putts with it. I regripped it with the new SS Counterbalance grip

Day 2: One of the worst weather days I have played in. Steady rain with temps in the low 60's. We were playing the ball down everywhere except the fairways. They only moved two tees on the Par 3's up a little but everything else played true to distance, still a little over 7,000 yards with no roll. We started strong out the gates with 3 birdies on the first 3 holes but mother nature would eventually win out.

I hit 10/18 greens and 12/14 fairways. Had 4 birdies yesterday which helped the cause a little bit. I shot 75 yesterday. We shot 71 as a team which was the 3rd best score of the day and jumped into 8th overall.

We only made 6 birdies the whole tournament as the greens were rolling about a 12 and the pin placements were crazy. -10 won the tournament which is crazy to think with the amount of quality players in the field. It really did test your patience all weekend and I left pleased considering I havent played a tournament round in over a year.

What did you shoot today?

Played in a 2 Day 2 Man Best Ball Invitational at Cartersville CC in Cartersville, GA on Saturday and Sunday. There were sop many quality players in this field including 4 past GA State AM champs, 3 guys that have played PGA Tour events and a NCAA 2nd Team All American. My Best Friend and I decided to give it a go just to see how things would go. There were 30 teams in our flight

This was the first time in a long time that I played a golf course to this extent. Course was playing at 7,100 yards for the tournament and only had 1 par 4 below 400 yards and 1 par 3 below 200. All Par 5's were over 550 so needless to say my glaring weakness got to come out and play alot (short game)

Day 1: Struck the ball decently 13/18 Greens, 11/14 Fairways... Just couldnt make any putts. Picked up a few once my partner holed out but would have shot around a 76. We only made 1 birdie all day and shot +1. Even with all the caliber of players in the field we were still only 6 back going into day so. The biggest development from day one was I found my Garsen putter grip to be less than desirable when the pressure was on as I pulled alot of putts with it. I regripped it with the new SS Counterbalance grip

Day 2: One of the worst weather days I have played in. Steady rain with temps in the low 60's. We were playing the ball down everywhere except the fairways. They only moved two tees on the Par 3's up a little but everything else played true to distance, still a little over 7,000 yards with no roll. We started strong out the gates with 3 birdies on the first 3 holes but mother nature would eventually win out.

I hit 10/18 greens and 12/14 fairways. Had 4 birdies yesterday which helped the cause a little bit. I shot 75 yesterday. We shot 71 as a team which was the 3rd best score of the day and jumped into 8th overall.

We only made 6 birdies the whole tournament as the greens were rolling about a 12 and the pin placements were crazy. -10 won the tournament which is crazy to think with the amount of quality players in the field. It really did test your patience all weekend and I left pleased considering I havent played a tournament round in over a year.

Dang buddy you guys are tough to slosh through those conditions yesterday! It was a constant drizzle here with times where it rained pretty hard. Glad you had fun and finished well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny story. I still haven't been giving the go ahead from the doc to play golf yet. But this weekend I went to Omaha for the NCAA games and Saturday there were no games so the guys I was with played golf. I didn't want to risk further injury even though my arm feels really good I decided not to take my clubs so I wouldnt' be tempted to play. I did however play the par 3s with my buddies clubs. I wound up sweeping all the greenies and walked off the course with $6 extra in my pocket. HAHA. My buddies were not impressed! Took 4 swings all day and won $6.

cant b*tch about that!! well done

Funny story. I still haven't been giving the go ahead from the doc to play golf yet. But this weekend I went to Omaha for the NCAA games and Saturday there were no games so the guys I was with played golf. I didn't want to risk further injury even though my arm feels really good I decided not to take my clubs so I wouldnt' be tempted to play. I did however play the par 3s with my buddies clubs. I wound up sweeping all the greenies and walked off the course with $6 extra in my pocket. HAHA. My buddies were not impressed! Took 4 swings all day and won $6.

42/42 - 84, 9/14 fir, 5/18 gir, 32 putts. I lost it in the middle of my round for some reason. I was 1 over through 5, 10 over on the next 6, and then 3 over on the final 7.

First round of the year on Saturday. Temp made it to 60 or so with plenty of sun & wind. Shot 47-42, breaking 90 on a day I only made 1 putt over 3 feet. A 10 footer on #9. I have been playing regularly on an aboutgolf simulator so my swing and contact were pretty good. Found the fairway and green on 1st two shots and two putted for the par. A string of bogeys with some good shots and some not so good and a couple of 3 putts. I was taking a nice divot after the ball which is fairly uncommon for my usual sweeping swing. Caught an A wedge thin after a good drive to mess up the 6th hole. Topped the next tee shot into a pond on par 3 #7 and scrambled for a 6. Good drives on 8 & 9 for a bogey-par finish to the front side.

Played the tougher back 9 much better. Hit 5 fairways off the tee and two others were in play in the rough mostly due to the wind. Just off the green on the 1st par 3 which was a tough pin placement. #17 is a nemesis hole and the last par 3. Playing about 170 with a big right to left wind and trouble all left, I hit about as good a 7 iron as I can manage right over the pin about 15 feet long. Two putted for par.

Hit a big drive on 18 but flew the green with a pitching wedge. Hit a high flop shot back into the wind the stopped somehow on a green running away from me and 2 putted for a closing bogey.

First round out in windy conditions with slow, bumpy greens (although they were better than I expected) many more good shots than bad. Will get around to working on the putting this year when the practice greens improve.

Played 18 today at my home course. 41/41 for +10. Had horrible swings today, missed some opportunities for up and downs.

Shot a 74 (+2) today
36 Front with 2 Bogies, 1 HOLE-IN-ONE, 6 Pars
38 Back with 3 Bogies, 1 Birdie and 5 Pars

Cypresswood Golf Club, Traditions Course
Callaway XR Pros just out of this world performance!!!

Shot a 74 (+2) today
36 Front with 2 Bogies, 1 HOLE-IN-ONE, 6 Pars
38 Back with 3 Bogies, 1 Birdie and 5 Pars

Cypresswood Golf Club, Traditions Course
Callaway XR Pros just out of this world performance!!!
Congrats on the round and HIO

Congrats on the hole in one!

Few days late. Shot 46/44 Friday and 44/45 Saturday, two different courses. Those are my first 18 hole rounds in many years. Felt great, such a fun time. Striking the ball well but short game needs a lot of work, not unexpected. Spent over an hour pitching, chipping, and putting after the round Saturday and then played a 9-hole par 3 course with my wife Sunday. I have a busy week at work, so all things golf will have to wait until next weekend with the exception of some indoor carpet putting.

Shot a new PB 80 today. Hit 12 GIR which is a miracle given I couldn't hit an iron to save my life two weeks ago.

Congrats Johnny on the HIO and Congrats Pokeslice on the new PB, they are always nice to accomplish.

Shot a new PB 80 today. Hit 12 GIR which is a miracle given I couldn't hit an iron to save my life two weeks ago.
Congrats on PB! Save some for out next round!

93 this morning and yet another round of two nines. Out in 54 despite hitting 5 out of 7 fairways, I just wasn't feeling the irons at all, 18 putts which helped a bit.

Onto the back 9 and came home with a 39 which is a PB over 9 holes. 7 pars, 1 bogie and 1 double. The double was a result of leaving myself on the front of a green with the pin on the apex of a slope, over hit it and ended up 4 putting !!!!! 6 out of 7 fairways, 7 out of 9 GIR and 19 putts.

One of these rounds I might actually be able to string together two reasonably low 9's, instead of extremes. Not sure what happened for the back 9, I just felt more relaxed and happy setting up to the ball.

Played a 9-hole course yesterday, three tee boxes are different on the back nine (one hole becomes a par5). First time walking this course where I'll be playing two 18 hole matches Sunday.

38/38 for 76, +5

One double, three bogeys, 14 pars.

The putter wasn't working very well, missed three serious birdie chances from within 5 feet.
Hard greens, a bit faster then my home course and hard to read breaks.

Quite happy with the result though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back