Who Checks Their Lies?

Harvmp28

Reaction score
Handicap
So we know to keep an eye on our grips and change them when needed for comfort and performance. We also know that being fit for our clubs can give us the best opportunity at consistency and performance. One piece of the fitting process is your lie angle.

Whether you have been fit or not:
Do you have your lie angles checked?
How often are they out of whack?
How long between checks?

And feel free to add any other questions on the topic.

I have thought about it as of late since I have played a couple rounds on frozen ground and I'm sure that's probably a little abusive on my irons lies. I have also never had them checked before with my current set or any other set previously for that matter. Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to folks thought and experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my lies checked last year. This year I may have it check again

Sent from my SM-G900W8

I get my irons trued up once a year. Loft and lie.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I get them checked and adjusted every year

I get loft/lie checked/adjusted every 25-30 rounds.

Did it with wedges last year that's it

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

i'll get the set i just bought checked, then probably won't mess with them again. i have been fitted on lie boards and usually come in needing anywhere from 1/2 to 1* flat.

Haven't had irons around long enough to get them checked but did have my last set checked when getting them re-shafted

I've checked my last few sets when I got them and all have been off on multiple clubs by a few degrees in loft, lie, or both on the same club.

Theoretically I'd check them at least once a year. My Hogans are going to be the first for me to check more than once just because I've hung on to them for a while now.

Mine are at a friends house, who has the equipment, as I write this!

I certainly need to, but I haven't had them checked. whoops.

I've checked my last few sets when I got them and all have been off on multiple clubs by a few degrees in loft, lie, or both on the same club.

Theoretically I'd check them at least once a year. My Hogans are going to be the first for me to check more than once just because I've hung on to them for a while now.

Based on hearing how off they can be, regardless of being fit I can only wonder how many players would benefit from getting their lies checked annually or semi annually, even if it is to just get them back to stock standard lie and consistent throughout their own set.

I certainly need to, but I haven't had them checked. whoops.

Me too! I certainly could be more diligent in this area based on hearing a few people say how off they can be, I mean we want a consistent swing but I'm sure it would help to at least have consistent clubs as well

Based on hearing how off they can be, regardless of being fit I can only wonder how many players would benefit from getting their lies checked annually or semi annually, even if it is to just get them back to stock standard lie and consistent throughout their own set.

Everyone would benefit I would think. If you need clubs a certain lie angle, and they are a degree or two off after use, that can cause contact or aiming issues no matter how good you are.

Back