Bump and Run or Fly it to the Hole?

Puttin4Bird

Say what again mf'er!
Reaction score
Handicap
3.5 GHIN
Green side chipping and pitching. Do you normally prefer bumping and running your shots with something like a 7 or 8 iron or do you prefer to use a wedge and fly it most of the way in?

I use a bit of both depending on the situation but I've found that I'm much more apt to get one closer to the hole if I use a 8 iron and bump and run it in there than if I use my 58* and fly it in. What about you? Do you practice the bump and run? I don't, but I really should! Haha.

Bump and run when possible. Much easier than judging flight and then rollout. Misses are usually better too.

I need to learn the art of the bump and run. I just tend to fly everything to the hole.

Bump and run if possible, but that is dependent on what is between me and the hole.

I need to learn the art of the bump and run. I just tend to fly everything to the hole.

Same here. Every time I try and commit to the bump and run I imagine a high floater and I default to the riskier shot.

I use he bump and run whenever possible

depends on the lie. Typically, let it run.

I prefer to get the ball on the ground as soon as possible. I will pitch it to the hole at times, but usually only if the chip isn't an option (or the best option for me).

Fly it to the hole for me. I have some sort of a mental block that I can't hit a chip with something that's not a wedge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump and run unless the balls on another tier or if it's uphill quite a bit. On another tier I'm definitely flying and trying to spin it.

I fly it to a specific landing spot and let it run out. Not a fan of bump and run.

I tend to lean more toward flying it in, like you. But in my experience I'm almost always closer to the hole when I opt for the bump and run.

i don't necessarily fly it to the hole for a hop and stop, but i do prefer to fly it about half way, usually with a 56 or 60 depending on a number of factor. sometimes i'll use aw or pw, but more often than not it's 56 or 60.

I fly it to a specific landing spot and let it run out. Not a fan of bump and run.
This is a good one too. I like to try to pick my landing spot and let the ball release to the spot that I'm trying to get it to. Most of the time it's the hole of course, unless there's an incredibly difficult pin location.

I fly to the hole way more than I should, no doubt about that. I need to work more on my bump and runs.

If I am playing in MN or Wi....then it is a bump and run...Texas or Florida...going for the hole

All depends on the situation. I was told long ago to get the ball on the ground rolling like a putt as quickly as possibly.

Bump and run whenever possible!

On chips I'm a bump and run guy. On pitches I try to get it to closer to the hole and stop

Fly it to the hole for me. I have some sort of a mental block that I can't hit a chip with something that's not a wedge.

I am always amazed at how well you pull this off...it scares the crap out of me watching you do it though. I would hurt somebody in front of me most of the time.

I'm a get it on the green bump and run kinda guy. If the greens are receptive...I'll get it a little closer and run less.

Bump it more times then not. Safer shot for ke

Fly it all day. I'm obsessed with the low spinner(to a fault). I don't even know how to hit a bump and run.

I've started bumping and running more often now but it really just depends on the hole placement.

Wedges pretty much all the time for me. Could be a gap wedge, SW or LW depending on how much green I have to work with.

Back