What do you guys think about golf carts being allowed right off the greens?

I'm unimpressed with the folks that park in handicapped spots, with placard, and walk 18 holes. Or maybe its none of my business

No reason they need to be any closer than 10 feet of the green. I really think if they are able to get out and swing the club, then they should be able enough to walk 10 feet to the green and to there ball. Just my opinion.

Sorry but i dont agree with your thought at all ... some people have physical disabilities that make it necessary to get the cart as close as possible and i know for fact that the head greenskeeper at the course we regularly play agrees with that policy whole heartedly .... and i have no doubt that if you had a physical disability that made walking difficult you might come down off your soapbox

I could care less as long as they don't damage anything.

People here think we shouldn't change the rule on hitting out of divots, so why should they care about other damage to the course that isn't fixed? What's the phrase they like to use, "rub of the green"?

Those golfers that really need to get close to the green, due to a handicap, should be able to do so. I agree that 10' is probably a good rule. I rarely see this abused at the course I play.

No reason they need to be any closer than 10 feet of the green. I really think if they are able to get out and swing the club, then they should be able enough to walk 10 feet to the green and to there ball. Just my opinion.

Sorry but i dont agree with your thought at all ... some people have physical disabilities that make it necessary to get the cart as close as possible and i know for fact that the head greenskeeper at the course we regularly play agrees with that policy whole heartedly .... and i have no doubt that if you had a physical disability that made walking difficult you might come down off your soapbox
Im with Birdie here,
Firstly its not just 10 feet and never ever is. Its getting off/out the cart and get your putter or club. Than its wlaking to the ball which could be in the middle 15 yrds away or the rear another 15 on top of that or off the back or a side. Then it might be slopped. There may be no where ellse closer to drive to due to off green slopes and bunkers, whatever. The person even just 10' off may have a whole heck of a lot more than 10 feet. So mayby 20yrds (60') plus the original 10' plus needs to walk to line up his put which may require walking past the ball, the pin and back again. Then they have to watch others lines and balls. And than have to walk back in get into the cart again. And if they were off the greens rear or rear side they have to contend with slopes and all the putting routines. We all do far much more walking on the greens than we ever think we do.

So the 10' you make it seem is way off and could be hundreds of fee walking wise before the person is done with the hole and back in the cart again. Your minimizing what it could be. Its never 10'. Its a lot more very often and is bothersome for those in need of the help.

And for others, don't ever assume via appearance what may or may not be others issues nor the reasons they need to do things. 18 holes and 4 or so hours is a daunting task for those with even just some relatively minor needs.

I think everyone should be walking anyway, it's how the game is meant to be played. If you need to do it, then do it, but if not, don't be a d!ck.

What do you guys think about golf carts being allowed right off the greens?

Thoughts?

It infuriates me. It's like watching someone litter while driving down the road. I do not have happy quan about it.

I'm all for being understanding about those with disabilities....but if it means you have to drive a golf cart up to the green, sit your skippy butt on the couch and watch someone else play golf.

Pretty much how it's done here. It's like parking at the strip mall.

Unless the ailment or condition is severe, keeping carts away from the greens should be reasonable for most handicapped individuals. However, at a course I used to belong to we had one guy who had 13 stents and parked his cart greenside or practically on the tee because the stress of going up the slightest incline wasn't good for him. One can argue whether or not someone whose heart condition is that serious should be playing at all but it was good for him otherwise, both socially as well as physically, to be up and doing something.

I rarely see anyone within 35 yards of the green at my home course unless they have a legitimate handicap sticker. I think last year I might have seen it 3 or 4 times.

Back