PGA Tour Says No To This Color Caddie Shorts

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
From Duane Bock, caddie for Kevin Kisner

This PGA Tour is at it again. Apparently they had a problem with the color of my shorts today. After the round, I was told in the scoring trailer by a PGA Tour official that these shorts are not an acceptable color. Funny how I've been wearing these shorts every week for the last 14 tournaments but now they have a problem. Regulations state "solid-color, knee-length tailored shorts"....guess the color of my shorts is taking attention away from that MasterCard symbol I'm advertising on my back for FREE

11084245_10206119781613528_7481664740440397568_n.jpg

I am color blind so they just look kind of brown to me. Whats the problem?

It's hard to tell in the pic, are they Salmon?

Getting more and more dicey b/w the Tour and the Caddies by the week it seems.

Seems pretty nit picky to me. Who cares what color the caddies shorts are.

It's a lighter reddish color. That's ridiculous, I don't see any issue with the shorts. If he was wearing prior for the last 14 tournaments then why did it become a problem now. The PGA is on a war path!

• Admin
The tour needs a serious wake up call! The good ol boys club needs to go.

Why can Poulter wear his hideous crap and this caddy can't wear faded red shorts?

They look like they are kind of a muted red to me. Definitely nothing outlandish.

Stupid.

It really seems like the PGA should be spending its energy on issues other than a caddie's shorts. Out of curiousity based on the last sentence, is he part of the group that is suing the PGA Tour regarding the bibs? If so I am wondering if this is a little payback.

Octopus pants? No problem.
Red shorts? No.

More interesting to me than the Tour's taste In clothes is their right / ability to define what the caddies can wear. Seems like they want it both ways - the caddies are employes of the players when it comes to sharing advertising fees from the bibs but they are subject to the tours rules and regs when it comes to the color of the shorts they wear.

This is the kind of thinking that made golf seem an "elitist" sport for so many years. The PGA has nothing else to worry about besides banning a color for shorts? It should stick to golf issues, and let the fashion police take care of the attire.

They are certainly ugly shorts. No argument from me there. However, they clearly meet the PGA Tour's standards as written.

This whole thing is ridiculous to me. The LPGA girls are allowed to wear shorts and skorts so short their cheeks hang out, and PGA tour players can wear obnoxious loud mouth golf pants, but the tour caddies can't wear salmon (or red as they look to me) shorts? If they want to dictate what they can wear, then they should supply the clothes.

Always have to have something to nitpick.

What a bunch of idiots sitting in the PGA HQ's.

Completely insane. The golf course is certainly the place wear loud colors and crazy patterns are commonplace. These are just red, I don't get it.

......can't help but just shake your head.

Bleep the Tour... they're ridiculous. Of course making the caddies sit out in the metal tent during a lightning storm is perfectly acceptable.

This is just stupid.

awfully picky

#ShortsGate

I wonder how they stand on cargo shorts.

Back