Club Releases - Staggered Finishes being released

Just_Brad

#GD 2023Legacy #HYFY - JB says "Be a Brad"
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What is your opinion on how some manufacturers are releasing clubs, and then months later are re-releasing the same club only in different finishes.

Most recent the Cleveland RTX3 wedges were re-introduced in the Tour Raw finish. Others that come to mind are the u-Design options from Callaway that come later on.

As a consumer, do you hold off on purchases waiting for a later finish to be introduced? Or are you more than willing to purchase multiples of the same product, but in different finishes?

i won't buy multiples just to get a different finish. but i don't have a problem with companies doing it. it's a nice way for them to keep pipeline flowing (as long as it's not jamming up the channel), and to stay in the forefront of consumers' minds.

I would like to buy a brand new set and hope they don't redo it right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a satin or shiny chrome guy....so I'll wait. But typically that the first offering

I don't like it at all, but it doesn't really turn me off the product at all. Almost every brand does it now in some way, shape, or form.

Releasing multiple finishes on release day is giving your customers options - a great thing.
Releasing multiple finishes piecemeal over a year or two is attempting to gouge your customers - a bad thing.

As much as I hate it, I wait until the finish that I prefer is released.

I hate the staggered releases but the manufacturers have got to do what is needed to stay in business. The best example currently for me is the new Odyssey O-Line. I am an Odyssey guy. I love the idea of the technology in the face. I hate the looks of these putters. But knowing me, I will be out there buying one in early Feb when the release. What will happen next? Odyssey will release a more subtle version this summer and I'll lose some money selling my old one to get the one I like the look of better.

Apex CF16 Black irons. I really wonder what the split would have been at launch Satin vs Black, if the black were available right away.

I would, and still would be Black. Really wish I could find a set.

I don't mind them. I like all the choices it gives consumers.

I don't care if they do multiple releases but for the general consumer it would probably be better of they released all options at the same time.

I would say that if a company was planning to release a new finish of the same club, they should release them all (or at least announce them) at the same time.

Club Releases - Staggered Finishes being released

For the company I understand why they might. But as a consumer it's super frustrating. I'm starting to not care as much about initial releases and wait to see if they launch anything else later. The O-works is a perfect example for me.

Also - the RTX 3's had tour raw right away. Unless I'm missing something.

Back