• grip tape and solvent

Votes: 50 73.5%
  • have them installed at the store

Votes: 11 16.2%

• Total voters

MPlefty

Reaction score
Handicap
it regriping season here, what is the best way to do it?

I know a lot of people swear by air install and are vocal about it, but I want to do a little poll to learn how everyone is doing it.

I take mine to PGA Superstore and let them deal with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use grip tape and solvent. Cut off the old grips and replace with new. If I'm switching grips no need to keep the old ones

Air install. Quick and easy.

I use air for all grips. It really makes changing and trying different grips a breeze

Tape and solvent for me. Too simple to make it complicated.

I used to do stuff on my own, and after a few trial and error, I let the pros do it all now!

No vice, just tape and solvent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tape and solvent for me, but I will use air from time to time. Really helps when I don't want to ruin a Super Stroke grip by taking a knife to it.

JM

I go old school - tape and solvent.

I've been using tape and solvent doing it myself for a couple seasons now. Have only ever had one issue, and it was my own fault. Had a feeling I didn't put enough solvent on but for some reason did it anyway and got it stuck. couldn't seem to get it back off either.

I also do it 100% by hand. I don't have a vice or anything.

I've done my own by hand with tape and solvent. I've not done my own irons or putter yet. I've left it to the pros for that so far but I've done my own woods and hybrids plenty of times.

I was doing air installs, but had some grip slippage.

Now I am back to tape and solvent, but still use air to try out grips (and also aid with the tape/solvent installs).

I save the $2-$3 per club by installing them myself. I enjoy doing it. And it doesn't take very long. I use tape and solvent to do them.

Tape and solvent for all full swing clubs (Driver - LW) and air for putter grips.

I use air for everything. Have never had any issues with slippage.

I only use air Marty on multi layer grips like Superstroke or Winn Dri-Tac, makes it a breeze combined with Blue painters tape underneath.
For the majority of rubber grips, I use mineral spirits for lubrication and double sided 2" golf grip tape. I also have a suction cup vise w/rubber clamps combined with a rubber shaft holder. Works like a charm and allows me to re-grip anywhere!

Mineral Salts if I don't have Grip Tape Solvent.

I'm a caveman. Carpet tape and lighter fluid no vice.

Grip tape and solvent for me

I use a vise and rubber block, grip tape, and solvent. It's quick, easy, and painless.

If I ever find a need for a compressor and tank I might try blowing grips on.

I use grip tape and solvent for all clubs except putter, which I use air and painters tape for. I also have a vice and clamp I use.

grip tape and solvent is so easy that I can't imagine Air being more easy. Squirting some fluid on the tape and sliding it on has been 100% successful with no hiccups ever for me, and it comes with a good little adjustment period before it dries. Not worth spending any time learning a new way when mine works so well, and easily.

My FIL and a couple friends that are a little more experienced installing grips have done it for me in the past. I've also gone to Golf Galaxy and will be installing my next set of grips myself using tape and solvent.

Back