DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well trust me, I'm crying on the inside, lol. Every year we do mothers day at Busch Gardens. Easier to do with the young ones.

Post via Taptalk
LOL!! yeah, yeah....I know. Well...Mothers Day is SUNDAY...still time for golf on Saturday then drive down :)

BTW, I noticed the Musket Ridge Solstice isn't sold out yet...matter of fact none of them except Bulle Rock is. Guess interest is dying or everyone is getting older....ha

Not saying, I've changed my mind as I'll be in Pittsburgh the weekend before that event, just found it odd that things that used to sell out in January are still available almost a month out.

While you're there be sure to eat the three following things:

A donut from Emily's (the salted caramel are ridiculous)
A sandwich from Paul's Deli
Any frozen treat from Queen Anne's Dairy (the old fashioned shake is a solid go-to)

Back on topic - Saturday's mean baseball for me (at least until mid-June) so unfortunately I have to bow out.
Thanks for the suggestions. I've been to Emily but not the other places.

Post via Taptalk

LOL!! yeah, yeah....I know. Well...Mothers Day is SUNDAY...still time for golf on Saturday then drive down :)

BTW, I noticed the Musket Ridge Solstice isn't sold out yet...matter of fact none of them except Bulle Rock is. Guess interest is dying or everyone is getting older....ha

Not saying, I've changed my mind as I'll be in Pittsburgh the weekend before that event, just found it odd that things that used to sell out in January are still available almost a month out.

i have never done a solstice and not sure I want to. But I agree it's strange these aren't selling out and it's between Pitt and Cure and I am seeing if I can swing cure because I'm going back home between end of Pitt and 4th so a Solstice event is out for me. Although the cure event would be cool I will have one in hand before that.

So what are you saying??? You thinking about it? Well let me know asap before my wife books something crazy for that day... Lol

Post via Taptalk

i have never done a solstice and not sure I want to. But I agree it's strange these aren't selling out and it's between Pitt and Cure and I am seeing if I can swing cure because I'm going back home between end of Pitt and 4th so a Solstice event is out for me. Although the cure event would be cool I will have one in hand before that.
It's a pretty fun event. This might be the first year I might not be doing it...

Post via Taptalk

Yeah, last year broke a streak of I think 10 straight years for me, I think MDHacker is still in tact for now, I started dragging him along a year or two after my first...ha ha. The only reason I didn't last year was this stupid little incident in a Panera parking lot...ha ha. Luckly I was able to sell my spot.

It's not as tough as you think. Sometimes, you hit a wall right around the 33 to 40 hole mark, but then you get refreshed and by the 45th hole, you're actually sorry there are only 9 more holes left, believe it or not.

So what are you saying??? You thinking about it? Well let me know asap before my wife books something crazy for that day... Lol

Post via Taptalk
No No, just saying it's odd that it's not sold out yet.

Yeah, last year broke a streak of I think 10 straight years for me, I think MDHacker is still in tact for now, I started dragging him along a year or two after my first...ha ha. The only reason I didn't last year was this stupid little incident in a Panera parking lot...ha ha. Luckly I was able to sell my spot.

It's not as tough as you think. Sometimes, you hit a wall right around the 33 to 40 hole mark, but then you get refreshed and by the 45th hole, you're actually sorry there are only 9 more holes left, believe it or not.

Yep, just emailed shannon to see what was still available. My brother is out because of the upcoming birth of their baby, and I didn't email anyone else. It does seem like a tough challenge but by the end you wish you could of played another 18.

Post via Taptalk

What, nooo .. I thought you were considering it! Lol.
Only two foursomes left...
Post via Taptalk

Last edited:
DC MD VA Area Chat

What, nooo .. I thought you were considering it! Lol.
Only two foursomes left...
Post via Taptalk

No definitely not with the Pittsburgh event the day before.

Just commenting on how the demand for the event seems to have died off

Maybe because the cool kids aren't going this year nobody else wants to...ha

OUTING ALERT WITH OITW Saturday May 9th.

Have you ever wanted to play golf with a Hall of Famer? Well now's your chance. 2014 THP Bridgestone Champion OITW aka Alex, is going to be in town and tee up at Renditions. Come out and show him what a great group of MD/VA/DC THP'ers we have. Right now there are two tee times set, but if we can commit to fill up these two, which I'm sure is no problem, I'll call and see if we can get a third right behind or in front of the other two.

http://www.renditionsgolf.com/-home

Date: Saturday May 9th

10:20 and 10:30 tee times

$79

As of now I know we have the below. Others have said either via pm or earlier in the thread that they want in, but to get a definite count, please confirm here in the thread if you are in. I understand more than anyone can imagine that plans have to be flexible for some, but please specify if you are definite or tentative, just to get an accurate count. Once you respond I'll add your name below.

The course will be flexible with us as long as we communicate with them within a reasonable time frame of any changes.

Alex (OITW)
Guest of Alex
Rob (CAA_Beat)
Eric (EMart2173)
Talked with the Bawse this afternoon and I am in!

Finally get to meet some more of the awesome DMV THP'ers. Really looking forward to this guys.

Have you ever wanted to play golf with a Hall of Famer? Well now's your chance. 2014 THP Bridgestone Champion OITW aka Alex, is going to be in town and tee up at Renditions. Come out and show him what a great group of MD/VA/DC THP'ers we have. Right now there are two tee times set, but if we can commit to fill up these two, which I'm sure is no problem, I'll call and see if we can get a third right behind or in front of the other two.

$79

As of now I know we have the below. Others have said either via pm or earlier in the thread that they want in, but to get a definite count, please confirm here in the thread if you are in. I understand more than anyone can imagine that plans have to be flexible for some, but please specify if you are definite or tentative, just to get an accurate count. Once you respond I'll add your name below.

The course will be flexible with us as long as we communicate with them within a reasonable time frame of any changes.

Alex (OITW)
Guest of Alex
Rob (CAA_Beat)
Eric (EMart2173)

Haha thanks for building me up, I guess I need to start playing/practicing... Sounds like a plan, really looking forward to this! Hope we get a few more!

Haha thanks for building me up, I guess I need to start playing/practicing... Sounds like a plan, really looking forward to this! Hope we get a few more!
I played Renditions last summer with my buddies and I really want another crack at the course. We played a best ball that day so playing my own ball will be a challenge but one I am looking forward to.

I usually just drive through MD but I guess this is a good excuse to stop

DC MD VA Area Chat

Just telling it like it is :)

That's great Jessie, glad you're in.

I have a feeling once Kevin checks in the attendee list could almost double with his family :)

Tapping From The Pad-Blame all misspellings and errors on it!

$79

Alex (OITW)
Guest of Alex
Rob (CAA_Beat)
Eric (EMart2173)

Jessie (TheCrest4)

Bumping with the latest addition!!

Last edited:
Just telling it like it is :)

That's great Jessie, glad you're in.

I have a feeling once Kevin checks in the attendee list could almost double with his family :)

Tapping From The Pad-Blame all misspellings and errors on it!
Yeah I am pumped! Will be great to finally meet you.

Hopefully Kevin and family make it out. Question is do I get him some Caps gear or not?

Yeah I am pumped! Will be great to finally meet you.

Hopefully Kevin and family make it out. Question is do I get him some Caps gear or not?

Same here. I'm looking forward to meeting the creator of this thread:)

Thanks to you we've had a good online discussion going the past two years. With a few of us having already as well.

As for the hear I'll let you know in 13:03 :)

Bumping with the latest addition!!

I'm in Rob - as long as the knee holds up! Gonna see if Adam (Small ball ) my son, can make it.

DC MD VA Area Chat

I'm in Rob - as long as the knee holds up! Gonna see if Adam (Small ball ) my son, can make it.

Awesome. Il update and bump the thread when I get back to my desktop.

Playing Twilight ($10.50 walking) tomorrow @ Brambleton 5:09 tee time if anyone is interested. We usually get 11 holes in.

One of these evenings I'll be able to take you up on that offer. Tomorrow, however, is a softball game for my daughter.

$79

Alex (OITW)
Guest of Alex
Rob (CAA_Beat)
Eric (EMart2173)

Jessie (TheCrest4)
Don (Big Ball)
Adam (Small Ball) ? Does he know there's his name....ha

Evening bumps as well as update. Still room for some more. I can call and add a third time.

Bumper

I'm in for two spots, Lee or Matt will play

Bumping with Kevin's update!!

10:20, 10:30 and 10:40 tee times

$79

FYI, the groupings don't' indicate pairings, just separating to make it easier to count :)

Alex (OITW)
Guest of Alex
Rob (CAA_Beat)
Eric (EMart2173)

Jessie (TheCrest4)
Don (Big Ball)
Kevin (T2GRN18)

Matt or Lee (YoungBuck or Lee)

Evening bumps as well as update. Still room for some more. I can call and add a third time.

Third Tee Time added

10:20, 10:30 and 10:40 tee times

$79

FYI, the groupings don't' indicate pairings, just separating to make it easier to count :)

Alex (OITW)
Guest of Alex
Rob (CAA_Beat)
Eric (EMart2173)

Jessie (TheCrest4)
Don (Big Ball)
Kevin (T2GRN18)

Matt or Lee (YoungBuck or Lee)

So pumped for this guys! Now I need to get some practice in so I don't embarrass myself.

So pumped for this guys! Now I need to get some practice in so I don't embarrass myself.
Practice? What is that concept, I'm not familar with it...ha The only practice I've had since September was about 4 or 5 different fittings for driver this past month. Well and about 50 quick balls at the range last Saturday.

But regardless, it's shaping up to me a nice little outing. Really looking forward to.

The best news is that Michelle has told me come, hell or high water and no matter what is going on with her mom...We'll find a way that I don't miss it. She said I have missed too many "golf things" the past few weeks helping her out.

She's a keeper :flowers4u:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back