Bridgestone J15 Dual Pocket Forged Irons

Hard ponder mode on these. Not sure I'm good enough to game them, but they're supposed to be for any handicap range. Are they that easy to hit?

Yes, for me (16 cap) and coming from cast clubs I haven't seen a drop off and these were more forgiving than the three other forged options. I really like how they set up at address compared to my MTs

Using Tapatalk

Yes. I think they're as easy to hit as my old Callaway Apex. You should do the test drive if you're in ponder mode.
I think I'm going to get on that.

Well I hated to do it without ever hitting them, but I have a set of J15 DPF irons in the mail. They were $579 on the Bay, and I couldn't pass that up. Seller had 46k sales, so I'm betting they're pretty solid. We'll see when they get here how I like them.

I bought my set off eBay, too. With that many transactions on the bay I'd say you're probably pretty safe. Funny thing is I had only hit the DPFs once at PGA SS before I placed my order. Hope you hit em straight!
Say a prayer to the golf Gods for me. I wish more retailers carried Bridgestone. It's so hard to get your hands on them. I was going to do the test drive, but the set I wanted wouldn't be back until April sometime. With only 2 sets left at that price, it was kind of do or die.

The golf shop finished installing the C-Taper Lites into my DPFs today so I had to take some time over lunch and hit the range to try them out. I don't know how else to put this - I'm completely in love with these irons!! The CTLs don't feel anywhere close to 110g in weight and they were producing an amazing, mid-high, piercing trajectory. Essentially it's everything I hoped they would be. These irons just want to go dead straight and the feel off the face is simply awesome. Even on mis-hits I was getting a ton of forgiveness, which is something I didn't expect from this iron. And they are long! I'm easily a club or club and half longer with these irons than the Apex irons I came from previously. It's a shame that Bridgestone doesn't have more of a presence in retail because I think these are easily one of the top 3 or 4 irons on the market.

My first round with these is tomorrow and I couldn't be more confident going into a round than I am right now with these in the bag.

Mine are supposed to be in next week. I can't wait to try them. I ordered them with the Nippon Modus 120 S. I am coming from CFS stiff so I hope it's a seamless transition.

Back on the range again with these babies and the sound on pure strikes is music to my ears.

These are extraordinarily nice irons. Got to take a few swings with Alex's yesterday. I think a very similar profile to the Srixon Z545 irons that I'm playing now. The DG Pro shaft is a perfect pairing for this type of iron, I think - not too light, not too heavy, with some help getting the long irons up. I didn't have my best swing yesterday, but I saw some distances I was surprised by with these.

These are extraordinarily nice irons. Got to take a few swings with Alex's yesterday. I think a very similar profile to the Srixon Z545 irons that I'm playing now. The DG Pro shaft is a perfect pairing for this type of iron, I think - not too light, not too heavy, with some help getting the long irons up. I didn't have my best swing yesterday, but I saw some distances I was surprised by with these.

You had a few really good shots with these yesterday. I like it when others hit them and hit them well, these are great irons.

Highlight of the day was my 197yd 6I total distance of 208. These continue to amaze and the trajectory is great, forgiveness is definitely there and the gapping with my 5I and the 21* hybrid is pretty consistent.

Mine come today :D

Had a great round today with the DPFs in the bag. Put myself in a good spot off the tee on most holes today and the DPFs never disappointed even once. The CTL shafts feel outstanding. I'll get in a couple of rounds with them again this coming week so I'll have plenty to report on as I get more time under my belt. So far, though, I couldn't be more pleased with how awesome these irons are.

Well....looks like I'll have to do some test driving with these sometime this summer. Never hurts to have too many iron sets, right?

Ha...we could all use one more set brother! The DPFs are actually my 3rd set as of today, much to the displeasure of my wife. But, honestly, I could leave these in the bag for many years to come - they are that good.

All this talk of one club longer and so on isn't really what I'm looking for anymore. I want a solid feeling forged iron that looks sharp, offers good forgiveness and is fun to hit. I can get dialed in to my distances and be comfortable playing those but I want to do so with a club that I feel really good about. So far the DPF hits the mark perfectly for me.

I think for #THPLegacy its going to come down to this iron or the J15 Cast. I do like my distance, but like forgiveness and accuracy more. Cannot wait to give these a go!

When I hit the Cast at Bridgestone U distance was similar to DPF and forgiveness was a little bit better not by much but a tad bit.

Using Tapatalk

Did you get fitted, and where, if I may ask
I did not. Haven't found anybody in Pittsburgh that had them to fit me with. I'm going to keep them sealed and get my hands on the test drive set before I decide.

I missed the mailman =[

I'm about 2 hours south-east of Pittsburgh. . .just being curious.
Yeah I had no luck. I just put in my test drive order a few minutes ago for the DPF and DF irons.

So mine just came...these are damn near blade-looking from the top. Pretty intimidating...

So mine just came...these are damn near blade-looking from the top. Pretty intimidating...

That makes me want them even more. Bladed look at address with forgiveness?! Sign me up!

Sounds great, as long as you can hit them haha

I see you were playing Apex Forged, how did you like them, and why the change?

I don't know why I am asking. . .both my daughters need glasses.

Just wasn't what I wanted, really. Ball flight wasn't what I wanted, didn't really have much feedback to them. I didn't hate them, I just wasn't completely happy with them. Basically they left something to be desired.

If these are the option for the Legacy this year it will be what I will go with. I was sold when they compared well to the Apex as I really liked them and thought about buying some.

So I got my test drive package today which was these DPF irons and the DF irons. I'm curious as to how the more forgiving iron (the DPF) is actually the better looking iron head. That is to say it looks much thinner and more like a players iron than the DF series.

Anyone got input?

So I got my test drive package today which was these DPF irons and the DF irons. I'm curious as to how the more forgiving iron (the DPF) is actually the better looking iron head. That is to say it looks much thinner and more like a players iron than the DF series.

Anyone got input?

Can you explain the test drive package to me?

Back