Odyssey Works Putters Preview

I want my 2ball. I went silly and had a black shaft put in it. it should be fun.

That should look sweet. Put up a picture when you get it. I really like the look of the black shaft on my daddy long legs

That should look sweet. Put up a picture when you get it. I really like the look of the black shaft on my daddy long legs
I will. I'm pretty darn excited for it.

Oh ok, that's a relief. OCD was kicking in just looking at it haha

Lol! It was bothering me too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the Milled Collection is available I'm thinking of ordering #5 with a black shaft.

With the success I've seen last few rounds with my milled collection 7ch, I feel that a lot of players may like the 7ch works model when it releases.
I'm leaning towards the #5. May wait just a little bit as I really would like a Tank Cruiser line with that insert. Hoping it's in the "Works"

No go on demoing one at my local shop. Serious ponder mode if I want to plunk down $175 on a putter that feels smooth swinging but having no idea how it will feel/roll off the face.

No go on demoing one at my local shop. Serious ponder mode if I want to plunk down $175 on a putter that feels smooth swinging but having no idea how it will feel/roll off the face.

money well spent IMO. The works line just works real well. Rolled my 1w well on Saturday, chipping/pitching and this putter had me at 28 putts for the round first time using and just missed a few others.

I have the 1W back in my bag and it is not going anywhere. Played around with a few different putters over the past month and the accuracy or line and distance with this putter is unsurpassed for me. I putt best with a mid-slant, offset putters are pull putters for my game.

I really don't need one of these but I really want one. I am considering trading in some clubs to pick one up for the heck of it.

I really don't need one of these but I really want one. I am considering trading in some clubs to pick one up for the heck of it.

I'm in the same boat. I've enjoyed rolling them in stores, and the rossie non versa works is basically everything I want in a putter right now.

This should be a fun experiment.

71c14dea9e9e128ecf1a39ed6488464f.jpg

d40eacf2b5f1aedb1bff33ca023aa504.jpg

6d49800306440eae2c474c5065b2ea2a.jpg

I couldn't resist any more. I pondered this for a couple of weeks, and hit it multiple times in store. I took it for a lonnngggg demo today (still in store, still snow on the ground here) and tried it from a variety of ranges but focussed on long range all the way across the showroom (aprox 45'), as distance control has been a bugaboo that got much better last year with the TR B60. Bottom line, I was putting a great roll on the ball, and
-it feels great, the insert is excellent for my stroke (which tends to be long and flowing rather than short and 'poppy' - any hot faced putters are bad for me, like all TM's for example)
-it's more upright lie by a few degrees than the B60, I'm tall and like to stand tall when I putt - so, I can get my eyes over top of the V-Line/my putting line easier
-it has a SS Slim 3.0 on it, which I have used in the past and liked a lot (I have used various oversized grips on several recent putters)
-I like that it's face balanced...my B60 is 'slight arc', and sometimes I think about that too much and manipulate the clubhead too much rather than going straight back and thru. This has hurt me more on short 5-8' putts than I care to admit. With face balanced, and the larger grip, I feel like I can just turn my arms/shoulders and not use any hands at all.

So, I ponied up a couple Xmas gift cards and a bit of pocket money and brought it home. Uhhm, in lefty :)

I'll have a bit of a shootout to do once the local practice green opens in a week or 2. But rolling them head to head on my little 8' setup, I'm really liking the Odyssey.

Last edited:
I'll make one other observation, just to see if it was a 'singularity event' or if this is common to the line....
When I was rolling a Works #7 Tank vs Works #7 non-Tank, the Tank was consistent in distance roll and feel to others in the Works line, for example the V-Line see above. The non-Tank though was very very hot off the face, I had to slow wayyyy down to get similar distance, and thus needed to control my stroke very much more (truthfully, I was incapable of fine tuning enough to make it have any consistency though that was a brief experience in store).

Just me, or do you find the 2 roll radically differently? I have no experience beyond a very few an infrequent in-store plays with any #7 type putter, just as additional background.

Man, great question. I've only had one on course session with the V-Line so far. I bought the head shape and the style purely because of the roll it puts on the ball.

In time, I think I'll be able to answer this, although considering the differences between the two (mallet shape vs large FGP shape, insert vs non-insert) it might be a tough apples to apples comparison.

Any more rounds or time with the v line? Thoughts? Serious ponder mode over here!

I can't wait to do the clinic/fitting for a works next month, they have a couple in the shop I keep tinkering with!

I'm going to need a lot more time to really get how this putter is reacting off the face, but I actually really like the results so far. Seems to put a really nice roll on the ball, which is exactly what it is intending with the recent updates.

So this fusion insert is legit. I'm consistently seeing putts rolling forward quicker, less skidding and my distance is spot on with this one. I think that is what I am liking the most is distance control. I'm making more putts from 10-15 ft than I have before and lag putting is the best I've had in a while.

I couldn't resist any more. I pondered this for a couple of weeks, and hit it multiple times in store. I took it for a lonnngggg demo today (still in store, still snow on the ground here) and tried it from a variety of ranges but focussed on long range all the way across the showroom (aprox 45'), as distance control has been a bugaboo that got much better last year with the TR B60. Bottom line, I was putting a great roll on the ball, and
-it feels great, the insert is excellent for my stroke (which tends to be long and flowing rather than short and 'poppy' - any hot faced putters are bad for me, like all TM's for example)
-it's more upright lie by a few degrees than the B60, I'm tall and like to stand tall when I putt - so, I can get my eyes over top of the V-Line/my putting line easier
-it has a SS Slim 3.0 on it, which I have used in the past and liked a lot (I have used various oversized grips on several recent putters)
-I like that it's face balanced...my B60 is 'slight arc', and sometimes I think about that too much and manipulate the clubhead too much rather than going straight back and thru. This has hurt me more on short 5-8' putts than I care to admit. With face balanced, and the larger grip, I feel like I can just turn my arms/shoulders and not use any hands at all.

So, I ponied up a couple Xmas gift cards and a bit of pocket money and brought it home. Uhhm, in lefty :)

I'll have a bit of a shootout to do once the local practice green opens in a week or 2. But rolling them head to head on my little 8' setup, I'm really liking the Odyssey.
I'm jealous. That is exactly what I want also in LH. The only thing I don't like is the stock Superstroke grip as I prefer the 2.0. I'll probably get the one without the superstroke grip and add my own.

Nice putter!

I rolled my new #7 for hours last night which directly correlates to how tired I am today. I need to get this on a real putting green ASAP. I was absolutely loving the feel off the face, which feels so much different than any other putter I think I have ever tried. Seems to just pop off the face with a beautiful roll, but it's soft at the same time. Distance control for as much as I could tell in store and at home was great, weight of the putter after I put my normal Super Stroke on it felt incredible, lines up well, and it's in a very enjoyable color scheme to me. I am really liking the works right now. Might be in the bag all year.

I'll make one other observation, just to see if it was a 'singularity event' or if this is common to the line....
When I was rolling a Works #7 Tank vs Works #7 non-Tank, the Tank was consistent in distance roll and feel to others in the Works line, for example the V-Line see above. The non-Tank though was very very hot off the face, I had to slow wayyyy down to get similar distance, and thus needed to control my stroke very much more (truthfully, I was incapable of fine tuning enough to make it have any consistency though that was a brief experience in store).

Just me, or do you find the 2 roll radically differently? I have no experience beyond a very few an infrequent in-store plays with any #7 type putter, just as additional background.

I don't have any experience with the #7, but I tried the Works #1 and the Works Versa Tank #1 Wide and the Tank model seemed hotter to me. Of course that could have been in part due to it being a wide model as well. For me, I rolled the Works #1 considerably better. To be fair, I've gamed a #1 White Steel for years now and have been fooling around with a #1 Metal X this winter, so the non-Tank original width #1 is what I'm most familiar with.

the tank has a 30g heavier head and is counterbalanced. they are going to feel a decent amount different. My guess is (and I apologize for having to make an assumption about what you were doing) you ended up thinking you were swinging the regular #7 the same, but really swung it faster than the tank due to the weight difference, making the putts feel faster off the face. The regular #7 felt the same distance control wise as all of the other non tanks, and the tanks just feel heavier.

Got a good deal from my local shop, a new V line with SS grip is sitting in the back room to be picked up tomorrow morning!

Rolled one of these at the PGA Superstore and loved the feel..... Now I want one.

Rolled one of these at the PGA Superstore and loved the feel..... Now I want one.

Yea that was a bad idea if you didn't need/want a new putter. Prettyyyy nice these are

Yea that was a bad idea if you didn't need/want a new putter. Prettyyyy nice these are

Lol yup didn't need a new putter but why wouldn't I want a new putter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up my new V Line this morning. Only had time for 5 holes before work but many this thing rolls em great. The SS grip really ties together well with the weight of the head. Smooth strokes result in smooth ball rolls that just seem to zero in on the cup. I always struggle with speed and this thing really helped. I two putted every hole, which is great for me. A simple stroke of the club and I feel like I'm really rolling the ball at a nice pace instead of creating a collision and "hitting" the ball. Can't wait to go to the practice putting green tomorrow and dial this thing in.

Back