SeeMore Giant FGP Putter Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great review!

Amazing looking putter. Sounds like an eye opening putter in many ways.

Awesome review Dan. Like all SeeMores, this one is on the ponder list.

We'll done Dan. Will be looking into possibly rolling this one.

Insanely good review... this has kicked the ponder mode up even more!

• Admin
Based on what Dan saw with this, makes me love going to a larger putter. Really enjoying it more than I ever thought I would.

Based on what Dan saw with this, makes me love going to a larger putter. Really enjoying it more than I ever thought I would.

One question I have... when I played a full mallet (Bettinardi BB54 to be exact).. my playing partners always laughed and said, this thing is huge. My question is... is it big in the same way a full mallet is? I know its a longer blade, so not big in the exact way? But I was wondering if it's similar to using a full mallet?

Great review Dan... I was intrigued to roll the Giant and after reading the review - even more intrigued to give this a roll.

One question I have... when I played a full mallet (Bettinardi BB54 to be exact).. my playing partners always laughed and said, this thing is huge. My question is... is it big in the same way a full mallet is? I know its a longer blade, so not big in the exact way? But I was wondering if it's similar to using a full mallet?

I dont really know how to answer that. Its a large putter yes. Almost as big as the one I am using. I have never been too concerned with what people think about what I am playing, as if it helps me, I will play it. Although I know golf is a social game so for others that is not the same.

Great review Dan!!

I dont really know how to answer that. Its a large putter yes. Almost as big as the one I am using. I have never been too concerned with what people think about what I am playing, as if it helps me, I will play it. Although I know golf is a social game so for others that is not the same.

I am not saying that I care what they think...

But my question is, is it the same "bigness" as using a full mallet compared to a blade. After a few strokes, you do not even notice the size.

But my question is, is it the same "bigness" as using a full mallet compared to a blade. After a few strokes, you do not even notice the size.

Its really hard for me to answer that. A full mallet because of the depth is a very different animal. This is very large and will be longer than most full mallets, similar to the putter I am using.

Great review Dan! Giant FGP could help a LOT of golfers.

For the Giant at least, the size is always going to be noticeable but I'd hardly call that a bad thing. When I think of 'noticing' the size I'm worried about it purely in the stroke, however the Giant FGP is so balanced, if anything the size appears as though it's a benefit.

To each their own though.

I want this putter...

To me its not the same bigness as a full mallet. The first 3ish holes I played with 2 new groups I was kinda wondering what people were thinking, but as i settled in it was a non issue. I got used to the putter and stopped caring. It puts such a good roll on the ball that as you start dropping putts people will be asking to try it.

Dan killed it with this one !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great work Dan, amazing info, sounds like Seemore has a real winner on their hands, I can't wait to finally check this out in person sometime soon, need to roll one ASAP!

I'm really glad you guys are enjoying this one. The Giant FGP has brought with it a wave of intrigue that is great to see for a company like SeeMore.

Hopefully you will all get a chance to roll one and share your thoughts soon.

Very detailed and well written review Dan.

This is a headshape that doesn't immediately jump out at me, but I can see the attraction for those that are fans of the original FGP.

Nice review Dan, what exactly makes the lag putts more difficult?

Nice review Dan, what exactly makes the lag putts more difficult?

To be honest? Practice. I don't play with mallet putters very often and find the best success with them at a shorter range letting the head do most of the work during the stroke. Move me further away and I get a little more aggressive, and it would take some time to get comfortable with the larger profile and weighting.

Sometimes you can move into a product with relative ease. The Giant FGP inside 20 feet truly allows for that.

I'm really glad you guys are enjoying this one. The Giant FGP has brought with it a wave of intrigue that is great to see for a company like SeeMore.

Hopefully you will all get a chance to roll one and share your thoughts soon.

Great review! Thanks!

The greatest golfer of all time once putted with an over sized putter with not a fraction of the tecnology I am sure this has. Couple that with Seemore's attention to quality and you have a great piece of equipment.

Back