The 2014-15 College Basketball Season

Kentucky under Coach Calipari actually has a 82% graduation rate.

Sure there have been a few that leave early, a few of those get their degrees at a later date through online courses. But his graduation rate is better than you think.
OK.......

Calipari might not be a saint....but he is far from the worst.

Bobby Knight choked kids, bullied kids, and threw chairs during international events.

Remember Jimmy Valvano...now all we hear about is the Jimmy V Foundation...his National Championship and that he died of cancer. but while coaching....Jimmy V's had to step down as AD (while staying as coach) because his team was selling complementary tickets and shoes. Plus his teams had a horrible academic record.

Rick Pitino had sex with a woman (not his wife) in a restaurant.

Coaching sports is an ugly business....and the NCAA does a lousy job of controlling it.

At no point has he entertained the idea of students athletes. Has he coached a senior night, ever.

That's why people dislike Calipari

KY has three seniors this year that started KY's last home game.

KY has three seniors this year that started KY's last home game.
Doesn't take away from my examples why people dislike Calipari. He's successful. He could never coach or recruit at a lot of schools. But that's OK.

I'm just going to add, don't be surprised if his UK teams end up vacating wins or even titles.

There's a cliché about cheaters changing their ways

People always going to hate and try to knock those on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a Kentucky hater, I actually think it would be cool to see them finish the perfect season. But I certainly can't blame anyone for hating Calipari. At best he works in the gray areas.

I'm not a Kentucky hater, I actually think it would be cool to see them finish the perfect season. But I certainly can't blame anyone for hating Calipari. At best he works in the gray areas.
I don't hate him he does what 99% of the rest of NCAA coaches do.

Just funny watching people try to defend him.

I mean, he has only been caught 2/2 out of the relevant schools he coached right?

How Dayton ended up in the Dayton regional, I'll never understand, however you try to explain it.

But, moving on anyways, and with the upsets in their part of the bracket, there's a chance now for OU, its a slim one, but its a chance.

Yeah how does all that work out?

I'm watching the WV game, and they are only about 3 hours from Columbus where it's being played.

Doesn't take away from my examples why people dislike Calipari. He's successful. He could never coach or recruit at a lot of schools. But that's OK.

I'm just going to add, don't be surprised if his UK teams end up vacating wins or even titles.

There's a cliché about cheaters changing their ways

I wouldn't care of the NCAA took away wins/titles. The NCAA can't take take away the joy a person gets from watching them play. Everyone knows who cuts down the nets.

Wonder how fast Mr Self tries to get that rematch with Wichita? Wow they made a statement to KU in this game.

I wouldn't care of the NCAA took away wins/titles. The NCAA can't take take away the joy a person gets from watching them play. Everyone knows who cuts down the nets.
Understand, you asked why people dislike Calipari. I gave a bunch of good reasons.

Also, I find it ironic when Kentucky basketball fan tries to be the high horse. When they idolize a racist named Adolf

I don't hate him he does what 99% of the rest of NCAA coaches do.

Just funny watching people try to defend him.

I mean, he has only been caught 2/2 out of the relevant schools he coached right?
Hey Barry Bonds never got caught either...just saying

people at usc football would probably disagree. Though I do agree, like BG, enjoy it, it's all just entertainment. You simply asked why people don't like Cal

do any of them play?

No...but most of the top teams don't have many seniors. Coach K recruits the one & done players. Over the last few years all his team's stars have been freshman and sophomores. The college basketball game has changed.....this isn't the 1970s, 80s or even 90s when most of the top teams are led by seniors.

It kind of evens things out. The big time teams....KY, Duke, Kansas, UNC, Arizona, etc most play with freshman and sophomores...while a lot of other teams have the experience of their juniors and seniors.

I know why people hate Calipari.....I just don't hate the rational behind it. I guess it is the same reason people hate the Patriots lol

Huh?

Calipari has been caught, numerous times.....
Oh yeah duh.
Let's see who else has been caught multiple times for wrong doings but never got his hands slapped...hmmmmm.

I'm sure the past is the past and all rules and regulations are strictly adhered to at UK.
Sarcastic alien thingy

I know why people hate Calipari.....I just don't hate the rational behind it. I guess it is the same reason people hate the Patriots lol
You may be on to something there, both coaches have been caught cheating twice.

You may be on to something there, both coaches have been caught cheating twice.

You are right :} Maybe that is a good omen for KY.

No...but most of the top teams don't have many seniors. Coach K recruits the one & done players. Over the last few years all his team's stars have been freshman and sophomores. The college basketball game has changed.....this isn't the 1970s, 80s or even 90s when most of the top teams are led by seniors.

It kind of evens things out. The big time teams....KY, Duke, Kansas, UNC, Arizona, etc most play with freshman and sophomores...while a lot of other teams have the experience of their juniors and seniors.
We are all in agreement, and I think most rational fans of bigtime football or basketball know coaches do what they have to do, some go farther than others. It's just entertainment to me, doesn't help or hurt my life so enjoy the run.

Back