TM R9/R11/RBZ Shaft Adapter Question

BigK29

Reaction score
Handicap
A lot
I tried searching but could not locate the right answer.

The TM Shaft adapters make it very easy to switch shafts in between the different drivers. I understand that if you have a .335 shaft you need a .335 adapter. Now, what if I have an R9 SuperTri that, according to the sticky link, has a stock shaft diameter of .350. If I have a .335 shaft and put a .335 R9/R11/RBZ adapter on it, will it fit in the SuperTri?

Hope my question makes sense.

yes. The tip size only means for the shaft to fit on the sleeve. The sleeve itself will fit in to those heads. You can order both .335 and .350 TM adapters which is a great plus.

I don't believe that the end of the tip that goes into the hosel of the club is any different diameter wise. The only difference between the .335 and .350 adapters is the diameter of the shaft socket. So while you do have to match the adapter to the shaft diameter, either adapter should fit into the club.

I don't believe that the end of the tip that goes into the hosel of the club is any different diameter wise. The only difference between the .335 and .350 adapters is the diameter of the shaft socket. So while you do have to match the adapter to the shaft diameter, either adapter should fit into the club.

+1 this is correct. The only difference in them is the size of the opening that shaft will fit into

Awesome. I thought that was the case but wanted to confirm. Thanks for the quick responses guys!

Awesome. I thought that was the case but wanted to confirm. Thanks for the quick responses guys!

no problem! They are also pretty easy to install by yourself. Just get sand the paint off the tip of the shaft, put some epoxy in the adapter, then apply some to the shaft and slide it on.

no problem! They are also pretty easy to install by yourself. Just get sand the paint off the tip of the shaft, put some epoxy in the adapter, then apply some to the shaft and slide it on.

There's random talk about spining or pureing or something the shaft for whatever setting I want as default. Anything to that?

My RBZ is my first adjustable driver. Just a couple of things to consider.
The newer 11s RBZ adapter adjusts 1.5 degrees either direction. Older models only 1 degree. Their is a "tour" adapter that is all metal.
And yes you will have to determine your adjustment to allow for spine flow or puring in addition to grip graphics if it matters.

What is the result of using a shaft with R11 adapter sleeve fitted in an R11s head? My understanding is that the shaft adapter will fit, but the adjustment will be limited to +/- 1 Degree, due to the offset of the adapter. If this be true, then the R11s adapter could be fitted into a R11 head, and would make your R11 adjustment capable of +/- 1.5 degrees. Can anyone confirm my thoughts on this subject?

What is the result of using a shaft with R11 adapter sleeve fitted in an R11s head? My understanding is that the shaft adapter will fit, but the adjustment will be limited to +/- 1 Degree, due to the offset of the adapter. If this be true, then the R11s adapter could be fitted into a R11 head, and would make your R11 adjustment capable of +/- 1.5 degrees. Can anyone confirm my thoughts on this subject?

You are correct, the adapter determines what you can do with the adjustment, not the head.

THATS WHAT SHE SAID!!!! hahahahhahahha

Back