The 2014-15 College Basketball Season

Pick a Calipari team. Bracket winnings don't get vacated...

That made me laugh. Although with Smalls running our bracket and the mood I'm sure he's in tonight, I wouldn't count anything out

Sweet 16 teams by conference: ACC 5, Pac12 3, Big10 2, Big12 2, SEC 1, Big East 1, WCC 1, MVC 1.

Well that was a a great four days of basketball. My total viewing time.

Thursday 7 hours
Friday 13 hours
Saturday 8.5,hours
Sunday 10 hours

Yea I have no life..at least this weekend.

Looking ahead to the round of 16, Thursday definitely appears to have the better games.

Well that was a a great four days of basketball. My total viewing time.

Thursday 7 hours
Friday 13 hours
Saturday 8.5,hours
Sunday 10 hours

Yea I have no life..at least this weekend.

Looking ahead to the round of 16, Thursday definitely appears to have the better games.

I used 1 of my 4 vacation weeks for this week coming up just for the sweet 16 and elite 8. No judgement here

Dalton State (Georgia) is not big time, not even NCAA but still college BB and they are in the NAIA National Championship game tomorrow night in Kansas City, MO. Dalton resurrected their BB program last year after many years with no program. This is the first year eligible for the tournament and they have done well.

It gives our town something to rally around. We were hammered pretty badly by the housing bust of a few years ago and recovery is really going slow since most of our economy is based on carpet and floor covering. Even though housing is making a comeback, carpet is not so much in favor. So for our area (Dalton/Whitfield/Murray Population about 144,000) it is something very positive.

Go Road Runners!

Dalton State (Georgia) is not big time, not even NCAA but still college BB and they are in the NAIA National Championship game tomorrow night in Kansas City, MO. Dalton resurrected their BB program last year after many years with no program. This is the first year eligible for the tournament and they have done well.

It gives our town something to rally around. We were hammered pretty badly by the housing bust of a few years ago and recovery is really going slow since most of our economy is based on carpet and floor covering. Even though housing is making a comeback, carpet is not so much in favor. So for our area (Dalton/Whitfield/Murray Population about 144,000) it is something very positive.

Go Road Runners!
As I think I said earlier in the thread, making it to the post season regardless of your division is something to celebrate and enjoy. Good luck to the Roadrunners!!

This could be in the Rant section, but probably more appropriate here.

I hate bandwagon jumpers... not so much fans, that's ok, but the media. Listening to the some of the analyst say now that West Virginia is the "type of team" that can create problems for Kentucky and are picking them to beat them. Shane Battier for one. I mean they are pretty good went 11-6 in the Big 12. But everyone is over reacting to their win over Maryland in m opinion. Maryland was not a good match-up for the start. They are not strong inside, they don''t have a lot of good depth. Add on their best player and PG went out with 8 minutes to go with an injury, and Dez Wells who had been clutch all year for them, had one of his worst games of the year, 8 turnovers. yeah, some credit goes to the WV defense for sure.

Also some of these experts picking them to beat Kentucky, also had them being upset in the first round to Buffalo....as the trendy 12 over 5 upset.

I hate bandwagon jumpers... not so much fans, that's ok, but the media. Listening to the some of the analyst say now that West Virginia is the "type of team" that can create problems for Kentucky and are picking them to beat them. Shane Battier for one. I mean they are pretty good went 11-6 in the Big 12. But everyone is over reacting to their win over Maryland in m opinion. Maryland was not a good match-up for the start. They are not strong inside, they don''t have a lot of good depth. Add on their best player and PG went out with 8 minutes to go with an injury, and Dez Wells who had been clutch all year for them, had one of his worst games of the year, 8 turnovers. yeah, some credit goes to the WV defense for sure.

Also some of these experts picking them to beat Kentucky, also had them being upset in the first round to Buffalo....as the trendy 12 over 5 upset.

drives me crazy, that way in teh rare chance it happens they are all of a sudden a genius

I agree with most of what you said. WVU demolished Maryland with their press, but skilled players (aka Kentucky) should be able to handle that with less turnovers. I think WVU will play Kentucky closer than most, but I still think Kentucky wins by 8+.

I think part of that is also that people have the memory of WVU beating Kentucky a few years ago in the tournament when Kentucky had John Wall and Demarcus Cousins and people thought that Kentucky team would cruise to the title. FWIW, I don't think Kentucky gets seriously tested until the Final Four unless Notre Dame goes absolutely insane from 3 point range.

Go Road Runners!

That is impressive to get the program that far that fast. Small college basketball at that level is really an under appreciated game. The quality of play is very high and the good programs are well populated with very skilled players who are usually just a little too small or a step to slow to play at the Division 1 level.

A little bummed my Butler team could not get it done in the last minute against ND and move on. Alex Barlow & Kam Woods are two of my favorite players to ever go through the program and really hoped as seniors they could get it into the second weekend. Wichita State & Butler would have been a great match-up between two non-blue blood programs that understand how to play big boy basketball. Would have also given college basketball fans another opportunity to see just how good a college player Roosevelt Jones really is.

Having said that Brey finally getting back to the Sweet 16 after the passing of his mother is a great story. Especially for the way he handled it with the team.

I would like to think they are just trying to create hype for the game but that might be giving them too much credit.

By the way, the no call on the illegal screen that essentially knocked the Terrapins point guard out of that game was pretty bad.

I know its NIT but Miami to play Richmond. Think Richmond takes it because I feel they should have been in the tournament.

Sweet 16 teams by conference: ACC 5, Pac12 3, Big10 2, Big12 2, SEC 1, Big East 1, WCC 1, MVC 1.
Honestly, I'm surprised the Big10 has 2, it was a horrible year for the conference.

I agree with most of what you said. WVU demolished Maryland with their press, but skilled players (aka Kentucky) should be able to handle that with less turnovers. I think WVU will play Kentucky closer than most, but I still think Kentucky wins by 8+.

I think part of that is also that people have the memory of WVU beating Kentucky a few years ago in the tournament when Kentucky had John Wall and Demarcus Cousins and people thought that Kentucky team would cruise to the title. FWIW, I don't think Kentucky gets seriously tested until the Final Four unless Notre Dame goes absolutely insane from 3 point range.

I would like to think they are just trying to create hype for the game but that might be giving them too much credit.

By the way, the no call on the illegal screen that essentially knocked the Terrapins point guard out of that game was pretty bad.

Pretty solid thoughts.

And I just think Kentucky is equipped to handle whatever you want to throw at them. If you want to run, they will say hell yes. We go 11 deep and everyone of them can run.

If a team wants to play half court, they will beat them up with size.

Not saying they are a lock. But I don't think WV knows what it's in for.

And yeah Aaron that "pick" if you call it that on Trimble was pretty hard to believe nothing was called.

But MD killed themselves by trying to run with WV. They had some success in the first half. But didn't have the legs or depth to keep it up the whole game.

Pretty solid thoughts.

And I just think Kentucky is equipped to handle whatever you want to throw at them. If you want to run, they will say hell yes. We go 11 deep and everyone of them can run.

If a team wants to play half court, they will beat them up with size.

Not saying they are a lock. But I don't think WV knows what it's in for.

And yeah Aaron that "pick" if you call it that on Trimble was pretty hard to believe nothing was called.

But MD killed themselves by trying to run with WV. They had some success in the first half. But didn't have the legs or depth to keep it up the whole game.

That is the beauty of Kentucky - they can play pretty much any style you want to throw at them and still win convincly. In fairness to West Virginia they can go 13 deep and they are the best in the country at forcing opponents to create turnovers. So Huggins may really think they can pressure Kentucky enough to win this game. Like you said, I don't believe it happens. But if they can harass the Harrison twins into creating turnovers, they might have a chance.

Bottome line is for anyone to beat Kentucky - it is going to pretty much take a perfect game for them to do it.

Why do the women not play in differnt regions?

Why do the women not play in differnt regions?

Most likely trying to keep the higher seeds at home to get hrs best attendance possible.

I'm not positive on that as I don't follow the women really at all. But that was the case in a couple instances I believe.

That is the beauty of Kentucky - they can play pretty much any style you want to throw at them and still win convincly. In fairness to West Virginia they can go 13 deep and they are the best in the country at forcing opponents to create turnovers. So Huggins may really think they can pressure Kentucky enough to win this game. Like you said, I don't believe it happens. But if they can harass the Harrison twins into creating turnovers, they might have a chance.

Bottome line is for anyone to beat Kentucky - it is going to pretty much take a perfect game for them to do it.

Yeah. I definitely don't mean to short them for the defense they play. It know doubt wrecks a lot of teams plans

My bigger point is they have been this team all year and I don't recall anyone saying "oh yeah they are the team to beat". ..LOL

SaA

Honestly, I'm surprised the Big10 has 2, it was a horrible year for the conference.

Wisconsin I figured would make it and never can rule out an Izzo coached team in the tourny. Im not shocked they are there but yes the big 10 was down this year big time.

Back