Is Your Course Walker Friendly?

As Beefcake has already mentioned, it is predominantly walking here in the UK

The normal 9 hole course I play is very easy to walk and they almost encourage it by enforcing cart path only.

My course (Gateway National) is one of the most walkable in the area yet outside of me and about a dozen other guys, no one walks it. I'm guessing it has to do with the cart fee being built into the greens fee price. If they were separate, I'm sure more would walk it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most of the courses in my area are walker friendly, thankfully.

My course is walking friendly in the physical sense, and from the course management.

I dropped my membership at a local course 7 years ago because they wouldn't allow walkers before noon, even though it didn't do one iota of good for speeding up play.

I will not play any course that doesn't allow walking players.

The few I've been looking at joining aren't, it seems like all the new courses are made for carts.

The two courses I play the most are set up well for walkers.

I would say that it is. There's a fair few good sized hills but no crazy long walks between holes or anything like that.

Yes, only one significant hill on hole number 5. The rest is fairly flat. No long walks between tee boxes.

While not a ton of elevation challenges, my home course has #1, #7, #8, #9, #10, and #18 on one side of the railroad tracks and the rest on the other side. The walks from 1 to 2, 6 to 7, 10 to 11, and 17 to 18 gets kind of old really fast but there's not much that can be done, save for employing a shuttle service.

The course I grew up playing was long, 7000 yards, but they cut paths through the woods between holes for walkers.

I think the problem is distance between holes plus elevation changes between previous green and new tee box. I love to walk but I can't say I have on a full course since I started back last year. I have on a par 3 though. I'd love to do more but I just don't think it is feasible here in ATL.

My home course is very walker friendly and a lot of people do walk the course. Tees and greens are all pretty close together, the longest distance between holes is maybe a short par 3. All the holes that are supposed to go out and come in from the clubhouse do. Plan on walking the vast majority of my rounds there this year.

Back