DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got out today and played 9 holes at the little course near my house. Not long but very tight with some tough tee shots.

Played pretty well given that I hadnt swung a club since December. Shot a 43 and played all the Par 3s even which felt pretty awesome.

Putting was not real sharp but not terrible definitely something I want to commit to practicing more after work a couple days a week.

Overall just awesome to be out on the course and feel like things I was doing well last year are transferring to this season.

df797ccdd5bf9bd1d6f2fcce0972631a.jpg

Putting green

9f229434224c926b6de85e86919bf989.jpg

Lastly, absolutely love the Wilson THP Wedge! Such a great club and can't wait to get more work in with it.

Pinecrest?

Pinecrest?
You know it. I volunteer for the Junior Golf league in the summer and the assistant manager works Sundays and never let's me pay. Can't complain about free golf.

Pinecrest has a decent putting green. Do they still let you hit balls inside in the basement during the winter?

glad you played well. seemed like a good day to be out, been at my desk all day and have only looked out the windows.

free golf is a good thing.

Pinecrest has a decent putting green. Do they still let you hit balls inside in the basement during the winter?
Yup I think I only had the chance once or twice this Winter.

How long does it take you all to hit your stride once Spring starts? During the winter months (Dec-Feb) I try to play as much as possible..maybe 1-2 a month and try to workout more.

Sometimes I feel like I don't hit my stride good until June or July..or sometimes even August.

glad you played well. seemed like a good day to be out, been at my desk all day and have only looked out the windows.

free golf is a good thing.
Thanks man made some good swing and some not so good. Had a sweet 4 putt also haha which was after being on in 2 on a short Par 5... Doh

Yeah, it started off a little chilly but the sun came out and it got really nice. I walked so all I needed was a long sleeve and shorts.

How long does it take you all to hit your stride once Spring starts? During the winter months (Dec-Feb) I try to play as much as possible..maybe 1-2 a month and try to workout more.

Sometimes I feel like I don't hit my stride good until June or July..or sometimes even August.

I don't know if I ever hit my stride. My game never varies much from March to November. And I'm not saying that's a good thing :)

The more I have played I feel there is less variation in my game after the Winter. When I was learning to play the first round of the year was usually very ugly.

I think last year I played my best golf in July and August.

Sadly...I can understand that :{

hoping this year is the year it changes and i become more consistent. i plan to take at least another 5 lesson along with the two i have done already...to bad they didn't help me out yesterday...mind was blown after 3 hole and struggled to recover.

FYI there is a Cleveland demo day at Woodbridge Golfsmith on Friday from 3-7.

FYI there is a Cleveland demo day at Woodbridge Golfsmith on Friday from 3-7.

Thanks for the info. I live about 1.5 miles from the store. I might check it out even though I am not in the market for anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah I hear you man I went though tough times with the mental game. My swing is my swing but the mental part is such a different monster. I have trouble with course management as well and it takes at least half the season to get back to the things I was doing the previous season.

I can go from shooting mid 80s to over 100 haha what a game

Talk about having a rough start to the golfing season... I waited for months for better weather in order to be able to get out there. After 3 holes at Hampshire greens and being +7, i wanted to take another 3 months off to mentally recover from the horror of my swing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talk about having a rough start to the golfing season... I waited for months for better weather in order to be able to get out there. After 3 holes at Hampshire greens and being +7, i wanted to take another 3 months off to mentally recover from the horror of my swing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When did you play there Trevor? I played Sunday morning... knew it would be wet ( I hit 10 fairways - and felt like that was a penalty lol ) but was not aware the winds were going to be as bas as they were! Played well, but taking an 8 on # 2 hurt the card. That is a tough hole...

"I can go from shooting mid 80s to over 100 haha what a game"

Wait, you mean that's not how us hackers are suppose to score? :)

Played Walden early last week after warming up at nighthawk (course wasn't in bad condition and does have less goose droppings than in the past, lol) . First round of the year (last year and a half actually without touching the clubs) and wasn't expecting much. Sadly, I fulfilled that expectation, lol.

MDHacker

Post via Taptalk

my game fluctuates all season. i can shoot a 100 as easily as a mid 80

I'm actually probably better through the first3-4 months.. after July I usually don't play as well. I have a lot of small nagging injuries / aches/pains, and by that time they start to wear on me a bi t- and I'm to stupid to take time off - like be out playing with the guys and enjoying the prime weather too much!

"I can go from shooting mid 80s to over 100 haha what a game"

Wait, you mean that's not how us hackers are suppose to score? :)

Played Walden early last week after warming up at nighthawk (course wasn't in bad condition and does have less goose droppings than in the past, lol) . First round of the year (last year and a half actually without touching the clubs) and wasn't expecting much. Sadly, I fulfilled that expectation, lol.

MDHacker

Post via Taptalk

man you were in my back yard...i go to nighthawk frequently and am <5 mins from Walden(don't like playing it but nt totally against it with a THPer.)...do you live in the area of nighthawk or Walden

man you were in my back yard...i go to nighthawk frequently and am <5 mins from Walden(don't like playing it but nt totally against it with a THPer.)...do you live in the area of nighthawk or Walden
Emart2173:
I always joked with CAA_Beat that nighthawk was my second home (I was at every demo day for like two years at one point) :) Been in the area since 2000 and live 5-10 minutes from nighthawk (depending if I catch the light for that crazy Michigan round about they installed a few years ago). I've taken lessons from John and more recently Don and purchased most of my equipment from Josh. Walden was my last choice for a quick play as I wasn't impressed with the condition in years past, but I caught a deal on golf now for $18 with cart and my BIL was in town and was bugging me about getting out so I just went with it. I knew it was going to be a tough day when I 6 jacked from 3 feet for a 10 on hole 1 (was being lazy about the putts and it cost me).

MDHacker

Post via Taptalk

DC MD VA Area Chat

Good to see you around MD.H.

Great catching up with you on Friday and swinging a few clubs in GG.

That XR has been on my mind since...ha

DC MD VA Area Chat

When did you play there Trevor? I played Sunday morning... knew it would be wet ( I hit 10 fairways - and felt like that was a penalty lol ) but was not aware the winds were going to be as bas as they were! Played well, but taking an 8 on # 2 hurt the card. That is a tough hole...

That one while not in my back yard (like Waverly and Tinbers) is right in my area. I pass it on the way home every night.

Love that course ...and yes I can never play no. 2 well either.

Emart2173:
I always joked with CAA_Beat that nighthawk was my second home (I was at every demo day for like two years at one point) :) Been in the area since 2000 and live 5-10 minutes from nighthawk (depending if I catch the light for that crazy Michigan round about they installed a few years ago). I've taken lessons from John and more recently Don and purchased most of my equipment from Josh. Walden was my last choice for a quick play as I wasn't impressed with the condition in years past, but I caught a deal on golf now for $18 with cart and my BIL was in town and was bugging me about getting out so I just went with it. I knew it was going to be a tough day when I 6 jacked from 3 feet for a 10 on hole 1 (was being lazy about the putts and it cost me).

MDHacker

Post via Taptalk

sweet you and i are almost neighbors...i am not a fan of the michigan round about but living right off Rt3 i don't have to deal with it. $18 isn't bad for Walden and its been ok the last year or so. i have been to many demo days at night hawk over the last couple years. gonna shoot a pm with my contact and hopefully we can hook up for some range time at Nighthawk.

I take lessons with Mark and chat with John whenever i see him. Most of my clubs are bought through Josh.

DC MD VA Area Chat

sweet you and i are almost neighbors...i am not a fan of the michigan round about but living right off Rt3 i don't have to deal with it. $18 isn't bad for Walden and its been ok the last year or so. i have been to many demo days at night hawk over the last couple years. gonna shoot a pm with my contact and hopefully we can hook up for some range time at Nighthawk.

I take lessons with Mark and chat with John whenever i see him. Most of my clubs are bought through Josh.

Sounds like Josh needs to set up a THP rate for all purchases and range tokens. Ha

DC MD VA Area Chat

Oh emart.. MDH actually met Cara before I did a few years ago.

She did a fitting for him for a Razr Fit Extreme there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back