Internet Golfers Anonymous

I'm working on becoming an #InternetGolfer. I might be able to tell the tale of a 280 average, but I have to pretend I don't have my actuals from Game Golf. Stupid factual information.
Stupid facts always get in the way!

,unfortunately I don't have time for another 12 step program, I'm a hopeless Internet golfer and all of you are enablers.

Hi, my name is Suds and I'm an Internet Golfer. My 301 yard drives and chips for Albatross leave everyone (including me) speechless.

My name is Dustin, and today I realized that I am an internet golfer. I hit the longest drive I have hit in nearly a year today. When I realized I smashed that dude at least 285 I asked Daddio to measure my distance with his bushnell watch. When we got to my ball his watch said 244... now even though thats the best drive I have hit in months...best by 30 yards or so, I was a bit disappointed with the number.... as soon as I logged in to THP and saw this thread it hit me what went wrong....he clearly had his watch set to display meters instead of yards.... 244 meters would actually be 267 yards...and I can for sure blame the soft fairway and lack of roll for 18 yards shy of the 285 that it felt and looked like... so as an avid internet golfer I can now go all over the internet and truthfully boast that my drives carry at least 267 and typically average 285.....right?

im an internet golfer. i don't take into account carry distance when posting how far i hit my clubs. when i play with other internet golfers they are the reason my game doesn't reflect my posts.

I'm slowly getting out of these Internet forums . Due to family obligations and that my playing time is less than a casual golfer

But in all honesty , out of all the golf forums I visited . You guys are the most honest , and i do believe the posters on here .

For the past several years, I was just positive that my good drives went 265-270 yards. Then I wore a GPS watch and found out that my good drives were only 245-250 yards. That's when I hit rock bottom, and admitted I was an #InternetGolfer

~Rock

I'm an internet golfer by word of mouth, however I blame 97% of that on bullfrog.

My name is Adam, and I to am and Internet golfer, as well as a contributor to the Paul Bunyan like tales of Canadan on and off the golf course.

I have been an Internet golfer before the Internet was even popular. As a matter of fact, I'm such an Internet golfer that I created Internet golfing. Anyone who says that I hit the ball far, or straight has been paid by me to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am an #internetgolfer I have two sets of irons and 5 putters, one of them being a SeeMore.

I also maintain my 250 carry in Florida.

Hi my name is Jim and I am an internet golfer. I have commit my best drives to memory and share it with other when I played off the whites with my son, but read the distance from the blues. I am ashamed, but can accept my fault and use those lofty insane distances as positive re-enforcment to feed my fledgling ego...

I am an Internet golf and can actually tell the difference in forged and cast irons. Gimme that buttery feel!

True story from last week. At Golfsmith and picked up a 50 degree wedge to hit a few shots on the simulator. First 3/4 wedge went 223 yards, and a height of 95 yards. Puzzled, I tried it again with same results. Looked at the settings and someone had moved the boost setting to the max to about 200%. So yeah, I hit two measured 3/4 wedges over 220.

I am an #InternetGolfer. I couldn't tell the difference between forged and cast irons if you paid me. In a blind test, not only would I be as likely as not to choose a putter with an insert, I totally wouldn't be able to tell the difference. The extent of my idea of feel is "stinging" and "not stinging." I can hit a sand wedge 150 yards, but only when I skull it. Any spin I put on an approach shot is entirely accidental.

Most of my distance claims are a combination of elevated tee boxes, tailwinds, and living at 5000' ASL.

I must be an internet golfer. I thought my drives went, on average, 210-220. After two rounds with Game Golf, it's more like 165-175 yards. I fear that if I admit this in any golfing threads, they are going to do two things: 1) take away my man card; 2) refuse to allow me to golf any longer.

Hi my name is Ray. My longest drive this year might have reached 255, even if it felt like it went 290. I shot a 98 my last time out because lately my swing path has been more over the top than Jesse Ventura and my shots have been further right than Fox News.

I must be an internet golfer. I thought my drives went, on average, 210-220. After two rounds with Game Golf, it's more like 165-175 yards. I fear that if I admit this in any golfing threads, they are going to do two things: 1) take away my man card; 2) refuse to allow me to golf any longer.
Come join me in the #ShortHitters lounge. There are cookies.

My only claim to #InternetGolfer is that I really don't carry hybrids. I hit my Apex 3i, 4i, and 5i well enough to not bother. It's probably just beginner's mindset--to me they're just another club. I hit them all equally badly. :D

My name is Bradd and I don't hit the ball 300, but I decided when I hit the ball OB I'm just gonna drop one there at the nearest point of entry and just play from there without counting extra strokes. I think that should keep my handicap pretty low.

Hi, my name is Drumdog. I used to have a different name, but after becoming an internet golfer I had it legally changed.
I became an internet golfer after I hit 6 consecutive 350 yard "Buttercut" drives, all in the center of the fairway in one round.
I don't even think about playing any tee boxes other than the tips.
All of my shafts are XXX-stiff.
All of my clubs have the word "Pro", "Tour" or "TP" on them.
I have not had a 3 putt green in 10 years.

I am an internet golfer and I am here to get help.

I must be an internet golfer. I easily out drive Bill Brasky (with my 4 iron) and then drink him under the table. Ben Crenshaw invented the internet so he could email me for putting tips. It's all true; google it.

I'm an internet golfer because I only have 22 putts a round. I love my SeeMore...

Hi my name is Freddie Panda Kong and I am an Internet golfer. I have been for 4 years. I first realized I was an Internet golfer when I started hitting everything on the screws. I also new I was an Internet golfer when my 250 yd carry average turned into 280. And my line drives with roll went from just shy of 280 to 300.

I'm not sure why I turned into an Internet golfer but I have. And I'd like to thank you for listening. I am working on my internetness and am willing to support anyone with the same issues or different.

They say admission is half the battle.

Could be that or you have a strong mental game like Jack Nicklaus. To hear him tell it he never three putted on a Sunday. He can't remember a thing about about tournaments he lost either but can remember a head of a fescue stem in his line that he managed to roll a putt over to win, 40 years ago.

Thought I could get more internet golfers to join the program...lol

Back