How confident are you in greenside bunkers?

Clutch42

Happy to be here!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
14.4 usga
Just like the title states, how confident are you getting up and down from greenside bunkers? I've struggled in them in the past, but as of late, I'm feeling more comfortable. I'm still not the best, but I'm making progress. How about you?

Very confident. Even more so now with the new RTX 3's.

I feel really good about them right now. My last two outings, I was on fire from them, and I think it has a ton to do with confidence and going for it.. No decel, no soft splash, all in swings.

Only ended up in one today, but got up and down. It was nice.

Very confident. Even more so now with the new RTX 3's.

Can confirm.

This guy was money even playing deep bunkers at Dubs with lightning fast greens .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can confirm.

This guy was money even playing deep bunkers at Dubs with lightning fast greens .

Thanks dude. They certainly had enough of them there haha

I love getting up and down, but it doesn't happen near enough. I am currently happy getting out in one and two putting.

I'm very confidant about getting out but not so much at making an up and down

Much more from the fringe. :)

Just need more practice from the sand.

In all honesty I would rather be in a green side bunker than 5 feet off in the rough. The rough is a 50 50 chance with me but sand I'm probably 85 15 out and on in one swing. Ruff is something I definitely need to work on.

While I can't say that I'm confident in getting up and down, I am confident in giving myself a decent look at it.

Much more than I used to be.

Not very confident anymore. Why? The course I have played the most in past years has ZERO bunkers.

When I used to play courses with more sand, I was a lot more effective, but that was due to a lot more practice/play from the bunkers.

70 percent confidence!

I'm not confident that I'm going to hole it from the bunker but i'm very confident that i'm getting out and putting it on the putting surface

Not very much at all sadly

I love green side bunkers. I am good out of the bunker and sometimes prefer it to the rough. I know im better than 75% out of the traps so give me a bunker all day long.

It's something I've worked on a lot and I'm really confident with a green side bunkers

I was once told to just avoid being in the bunkers.....so not confident at all.

~Rock

I'm 50/50 when it comes to greenside bunkers...I used to be terrible in them but have worked to accelerate through the sand and now I am confident I will get out of the bunker...onto the green and left a decent putt, different story

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm horrible from them, zero confidence. It's something I need to do some reading up on and get better at this year.

For me it depends on the sand. If it's sand I'm comfortable with I have all the confidence in the world. If it its hard packed sand forget it and don't stand on the opposite of the green of me.

Up until a year ago I hated them. This last year I worked on them a bit and got more patient and comfortable and now I step into one pretty confident. I holed out 2 or 3 last year and had a lot within a couple of feet so I'm kind of liking it now - enough that I don't mind the bunker miss on an approach.

I've gotten worse of late: I'm very confident that I'll very likely make a mess of things.

I'm 100% confident I will get it on the green surface but only about 30% confident that I will get it up and down.

If there is actually sand in the bunker, about 75/25 good getting out. I used to practice hard and it kind of stays with me. Public courses around Houston are having a hard time recovering from rains which inundate the bunkers and wash away the sand. More often than not, I'm hitting off mud or almost hardpan. I guess sand is expensive.

Making the putt is a different conversation tho.

Back