Cleaning and Caring For Your Equipment.

Kitchen cloth, windex or dish soap and that's about it. Usually wash them once a month unless they get real nasty after a round and I'll get them as soon as I get home

I use warm water and a little dish soap after a round. During a round, if it's muddy out, I will use baby wipes. I stop using Gripes a long tine ago. Baby wipes and a dry towel does the trick and cheaper. While dirt and grass strains are great battle scars, I like clean clubs!

I just buy new clubs when mine get dirty.

In all seriousness I never make an effort to actually clean my clubs. I use my brush on the face and the bottom and occasionally wipe the club down after a very muddy shot and that is about it.
My ex brother in law would buy new clubs whenever the grips needed changing! Seriously! He bought new clubs every year or two!

My ex brother in law would buy new clubs whenever the grips needed changing! Seriously! He bought new clubs every year or two!

I would be happy with only buying clubs every year or two

Warm dish soapy water, toothbrush and rinse then dry with soft cloth. Grips with a soft sponge, pat dry.

I miss cleaning the wooden "woods", with soft brush and car wax polish.

I'll fall within the "considered OCD" category like a few others have posted... I clean mine after every practice session or day on the course. I soak them in the kitchen sink, warm water with a little soap. They're then hit with the brush, polished and grips are wiped clean, too.

They're stored in the kitchen by the door that leads to the garage.

Occasionally, when he's around, I'll ignore child labor laws and have my 6yr old nephew clean them for me, ha!

I clean mine after every shot so there is no need for anything else. Most of my rounds I ride and the carts have a little club cleaner/ball washer on them so it only takes me 2 or 3 seconds to clean the club head after a shot. After a range session I take 1 or 2 minutes and clean them on the club scrubber they have sitting in back of the teeing area.

I am very fastidious about my club cleaning process. Much more so than most judging by what ugliness can be found on the pre-owned shelves at Golfsmith or GGalaxy around these parts. I clean after every round or range session. I use windex to clean with a soft bristled brush and a microfiber towel from clubhead to grip they get wiped down. I also recently bought a small buffing wheel to polish the chrome on the soles and the inside and outside areas of the clubface after hand polishing previously. They look great! I also treat my driver, 3 wood and hybrid to a spray wax on the crown and sole to prevent wear and tear.

Just a quick wipe after a shot and thats it. Maybe once a year ill do the soap and water bit.

I tend to clean mine at the beginning of the season, or before I take pictures. hahaha I probably should more often, but usually I just clean the face off and the grooves before a shot as I use them. I probably should try out those gripes though. I can imagine that would be good for the grips.

Warm soapy water in a mop bucket, a 20yr golf brush club cleaner (made by McDivots..I kid you not) and a clean cotton tshirt...my clubs are always cleaned and stored properly between rounds.....I have looked for a new nylon bristle club cleaner as a backup/replacement but have not found anything I like or that is better

Cleaning and Caring For Your Equipment.

I clean the s$&t off them, so to speak, if I had one of those rounds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I don't religiously clean my clubs but when I do, I do it with warm water and a brush.

Clean them off after every shot. Full soap and water cleaning about once a month. Use Gripes for the grips once a month.

I'll do a full soap wash with soft bristle brush maybe once a month during the season. The local grass range I go to has buckets and brushes, so after a session there I'll clean off the clubs I used very quickly. Wedges I'll hit with a brush after every shot on the course. Can't say I've ever polished clubs, though.

During my round I always wipe off my clubs with a damp towel.
After every round/range session I do warm water with a stiff nylon brush.
Grips will get a soap/water scrub when needed. I also clean my golf shoes after every round with hot water and a old toothbrush.
I think of it as I spend a lot of time/money on this game, I want to protect my investment. Plus as a lot of us do, I buy/sell equipment and a well taken care of club > a beat up dirty one.

I just clean them with a wet towel after each shot and then quickly wipe them dry. As much as I would like to say that I store them inside, they are usually in my car in case I get a chance to play on a whim.
I give them a wipe down after each shot--I play with a small towel clipped to a belt loop. They live in the truck normally, and I use head covers too because I hate hearing that clack-clack when I walk. They need a bath pretty bad at this point--it's been muddy the last few rounds. Maybe this week I'll bring them in and clean them.

I clean my clubs pretty often. I just clean them with soapy water and a brush. If I have clean clubs before I start a round, I feel like I have a fresh start.

I wipe my club head off after just about every shot, but to bring them in the house and clean them... maybe once every 2 months.

I give them a brief cleaning after a shot or before the next one (depending on pace of play) and yes use the dreaded headcovers to prevent bag chatter. Then maybe once a month or so a soap and water cleaning, grips and all.

That's basically what I do. Except, if it's been a muddy round, I'll clean them at home later.

I will usually keep them clean between shots, but when I clean my clubs as a whole, I'll get a microfiber cloth wet with warm water and clean the faces of each club. I will wipe down the shaft and use gripes on the grips every 3 or 4 rounds.

Maybe its the course I normally play, but my irons take a beating. Even when I wipe them after every shot, there is still residue. So - after every round I take them into the garage for a windex and toothbrush cleaning - spray, brush, wipe dry. I clean the grooves and the sole of the irons and woods. It all takes less than 10 minutes. Once a month or so I'll apply car wax to the crown of the woods and buff them by hand to bring out the shine.

Good info, thanks guys.

Back