Does anyone else game two driver shafts?

michaelb

Reaction score
Handicap
Meaning, does anyone else keep more than 1 driver shaft in your bag, and depending on how you are hitting that day on the range or feeling, go with one or the other?

As someone with a chronic neck issue and occasional back issue, I've found there are days that I need to keep a smooth easy swing, and others when I'm feeling great and can go after it.

This has lead to me keeping an easy swing shaft (currently Fujikura SIX XLR8, used to be Fuji Fuel 50) and a go after it shaft (HZRDUS black, but soon to be yellow) in my bag. Depending on how I am feeling I will impact which one I use that day (and sometimes will change at the turn if I'm hurting, tho that happens rarely).

Maybe I'm unique in doing this, but figured with all the gear heads around here I might not be the only one.

I don't. It's hard enough for me to get consistent with the one I have, much less change some of the constants. :)

I don't keep them with me. But I have a few extra including a couple stiff shafts I will put in depending on how I feel.

Does anyone else game two driver shafts?

i'm blessed by thp to have the only driver shaft i'll ever need unless someone really changes in my game. so no, i have one ring to rule them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have a Devotion 7 04 and an Elements Chrome 7 F4.

The rationale I have used to convince myself is to use Chrome in wet conditions when it is not windy and use Devotion in others.

Now the reasoning is only to convince myself and is surely flawed.

I've never thought of carrying a 2nd shaft. I'd be too worried that having it in my bag i'd be too tempted to keep switching and not just work on what's "wrong" with the other shaft!

I keep two shafts Diamana S+ -- one stiff and one regular flex. I usually start the season with the regular and eventually shift to the stiff for the mid to late summer.

I did for a bit, I would keep the "back up in my bag" and use it to put my head covers on it in between shots. One was low launch and one was high launch. Depending on how I was swinging and how hard the wind was blowing I could switch between them before the 1st tee. Haven't done it in a while, but depending on how my fitting goes, I might go back to it.

Back